• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Beyonce was predictable.
Madonna's MDNA was garbage
Bruno Hew?

Katheryn stays winning.
katy_perry_katy_hudson_aka_katy_perry_2001_old_pic_4twUqdB.sized.jpg

Ne-Yo's new album is a light slay

Everybody Loves/The Def of You
Take You There
Good Morning/Gon' Ride
Money Can't Buy
She Knows

>

Solid 7/10

Just
200.gif
the Pitbull moments of course~

royalan

I really think they ought to limit Super Bowl performers to people who can...you know, actually perform.

Like, I didn't believe that Bruno deserved to perform the Super Bowl. It's the biggest performance stage in the US and he just hasn't been around long enough. But I respected it because...dude is a phenomenal live performer.

But Katy Perry? This chick can't work a stage to save her life.

I'd love to see Janelle Monae perform a Half Time show. She'd rock the shit out of it. But girl can't seem to put out a smash album (or even a hit track) to save her life. She'll never be relevant enough. ;___;

cory64

I'd love to see Janelle Monae perform a Half Time show. She'd rock the shit out of it. But girl can't seem to put out a smash album (or even a hit track) to save her life. She'll never be relevant enough. ;___;

She'd be a superstar forever if she had the opportunity though. Someone should make her their +1

rhandino

Banned
Beyonce was predictable.
Madonna's MDNA was garbage
Bruno Hew?

Katheryn stays winning.
I mean sis... those three were some of the best of the best, The Perry Show will most likely beat Beyonce in numbers but her performance was full of awkward dancing, awkward delivery, trash outfits and songs that only appeal tho all those kids and mothers who will be traumatized and scarred if a random nipple appeared in the screen.

And the straights of course, we certainly love us some Perry songs even if we pretend to not listen to ha music.

SGH1Vsr.gif

Stan the Flawless Queen! This gif is hipnotic...

11.gif

Edit: But waiT, where is Loba? The song is garbage but the video is amazing.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Stan the Flawless Queen! This gif is hipnotic...

11.gif

Edit: But waiT, where is Loba? The song is garbage but the video is amazing.

Im stanning the good music with the music videos that back the songs. Loba while the video is hot the song is pure trash.

rhandino

Banned
Im stanning the good music with the music videos that back the songs. Loba while the video is hot the song is pure trash.
... Yeah, I know T_T

Damn, I really liked Shakira in her eras between "Pies Descalzos" and "Oral Fixation Vol. 2", I owned ha fucking cassetes LOL and yet after "She Wolf" I kinda meh, maybe I need to check her new albums.

rude

Banned
imo fka really needs to push her vocals for her next outing or else I might be done with her. I don't know why I hold her to such a higher standard than other girls that can't sing but I do

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
the morning after and katy has actually slayed me
she was awkward af and I think she lost a little steam around cali girls, but what she put out was genuinely a lot better that shes ever managed to do at award shows

Missy's entire segment of course slayed and firework as an ender was really good
But props where props are due Katy did well

four fucking outfit changes too
when will anyone ever

from what ive managed to hear of it this sounds really good
shame souncloud has been crapping out on me for a while

3phemeral

Um, is this for real?

B8x73UMIYAAu0Ez.png

tiUJUA2.gif

Glitter's impact.

ShEvORZ8G6u8CjAvGszU6O7ZrcmcHm26aj8c1g-kYkUu=w300-h225-no

-----

Anyway, woke up and decided to watch Katy Perry's performance and wow, what a boring mess. Intro started off kinda cute, but then it devolved into a mess where the props were more entertaining the star of the show. If there's anything good to come out of this, it's Missy Elliott's resurgence.

That prompted me to re-watch Beyonce's and Madonna's performances:

Say what you want about Beyonce's performance, but it established the spotlight was on her talent. Was consistently entertaining throughout and you can see how badly she wanted it. Plus, it was mostly live singing accompanying her hardcore dancing.

Other than the intro and the outro of Madonna's performance, everything else in between was terrible. It's a good thing she sandwiched iconic Vogue and Like A Prayer around everything else because it was truly unecessary.

It still kinda pisses me off that despite being really sexual Katy gets a pass in America because she's white and "safe" sexualisation. She doesn't do anything to break any boundaries, she just fits the standard definition of attractive and plays it safe.

Obviously it's not her fault how people react to her tho. It just annoys me that she can sing about oral sex and rape and that's good for kids but people view other pop artists as "Satanic" and "Illuminati" when they sing about self worth or identity.

It still kinda pisses me off that despite being really sexual Katy gets a pass in America because she's white and "safe" sexualisation. She doesn't do anything to break any boundaries, she just fits the standard definition of attractive and plays it safe.

Obviously it's not her fault how people react to her tho. It just annoys me that she can sing about oral sex and rape and that's good for kids but people view other pop artists as "Satanic" and "Illuminati" when they sing about self worth or identity.

Spill. Sad that when it's good uplifting self worth songs, it manufactured, but doing the exact opposite is masterpieces.

Trigger

???

What song has her singing about rape?

Since apparently anyone with hits can perform at the Super Bowl, I'm guessing Meghan Trainor next year, Ed Sheeran after that, then a joint Pitbull/Lorde collaboration in 2018.

???

What song has her singing about rape?
That fairy tale ending with a knight in shining armor
She can be my sleeping beauty, I'm gon' put her in a coma (Woo!)
Imma disrobe you
Then Imma probe you
See I've abducted you
So I'll tell you what to do
To be fair, both of them were other people in her songs... but still. Those were the single versions.
Spill. Sad that when it's good uplifting self worth songs, it manufactured, but doing the exact opposite is masterpieces.
Yup. It's so backwards.

tmarques

Just saw Kate's performance on YT. Not bad at all. Certainly more interesting than Beywance. And her pre-recorded vocals seemed less obvious than Madonna's. Also extra points for choosing Kravitz and Elliot over Minaj and LMFAO.

I think I actually like Perry. Her songs are catchy, she's not afraid to be silly and at least she seems to understand she's a pop star instead of trying to sell herself as a profound, tortured artist like Gaga.

rhandino

Banned
TBH, I'm actually really surprised that Katy has fans here, you know after she made an album called "One of The Boys" that contained a song fucking called "Ur so Gay" and "I Kissed a Girl" who basically promotes "Guys kissing is gross, girls kissing is hot"

I guess being hot, safe and white can really help you in life.

katyperrycrycry.gif

TBH, I'm actually really surprised that Katy has fans here, you know after she made an album called "One of The Boys" that contained a song fucking called "Ur so Gay" and "I Kissed a Girl" who basically promotes "Guys kissing is gross, girls kissing is hot"

katyperrycrycry.gif
3cMvpK1.gif

not you using a gif from perezhilton dot com tho

Floridian

katyperrycrycry.gif
I like Katy Perry and I'm straight. She can play safe at the same time have sexual appeal, which I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom