• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Mau ®;152669255 said:
Work, training and having a gf is pretty much 90% of my awake time.

JrYD9xt.gif

Floridian

She do it all night
She goin' hard, right?
She love the spotlight
She make that thang go
Drip drop, drip drippity drop
Drip drop, I do my dance like

royalan

Birthday Music: My favorites

Teena Marie – Square Biz – It Must Be Magic (1981)
Raheem Davaughn – Customer - Love Behind the Melody (2008)
Faith Evans – You Used to Love Me - Faith (1996)
Zap Mama – Bandy Bandy ft. Erykah Badu – Ancestry in Progress (2004)
Alice Smith – Cabaret – She (2013)
Stevie Wonder – Isn't She Lovely? - Songs in the Key of Life (1976)
Nneka - Africans - Victim of Truth (2005)
Shai – If I Ever Fall in Love Again – If I Ever Fall in Love Again (1992)
The Five Heartbeats – We Haven't Finished Yet – The Five Heartbeats Soundtrack (1991)
R. Kelly – Ignition (Remix) – Chocolate Factory (2003)
FKA Twigs – Two Weeks – LP1 (2014)
Alice Smith – Fool For You – She (2013)
Aaliyah – A Girl Like You (feat. Treach) – One in a Million (1996)
Aaliyah – Choosey Lover – One in a Million (1996)
Fat Larry's Band – Act Like You Know – Breaking Out (1982)
SWV – You're Always on My Mind – It's About Time (1992)
Ginuwine – Pony – The Bachelor (1996)
Prince – When Doves Cry – Purple Rain
Ladi6 – Diamonds (Oddisee Remix) – Diamonds [Single] (2013)
Erykah Badu – Drama – Baduizm (1997)
Erykah Badu – Didn't Cha Know – Baduizm (1997)
Kelsey Lu – Waiting – Sh!t's Beautiful (2012)

Between you and Rob's flawless posts, we need an R&B OT...

Aaliyah makes me weep for the time showmanship was actually important. Now all it takes to be a "star" is to be an obese skinny shamer or an obese bottom with the romantically scorned angst of a teenager.

Is Tinashe seriously the only all-around performer who's emerged in the last five years?

smh world

EDIT: and bruno mars i'd say

So the stans ran Iggy off of Twitter
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif

Poor her.

If I were her, I'd revel in my few more months of relevance.

Aaliyah makes me weep for the time showmanship was actually important. Now all it takes to be a "star" is to be an obese skinny shamer or an obese bottom with the romantically scorned angst of a teenager.

Is Tinashe seriously the only all-around performer who's emerged in the last five years?

smh world

Did you lie? Tragique.

Although, I'm currently listening to Meghan Trainor... oop.

rhandino

Banned

smh world

EDIT: and bruno mars i'd say
True, I guess that what Robido said some pages back could also apply here when talking about stage presence.

Prince and Madonna are the last of a breed of entertainer we'll likely never see again. They came up in a day when you had to put in work to achieve something. Now you just gotta be somewhat pretty and have a fair to middling singing voice and they'll turn you into a spectacle over night. Whether you deserve it or not.

Such is life.
And then I got sad =/

Edit:

TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
For example, these hews (I'm including Azealia) could be making TONS of dissing tracks but here we are, a motherfucking shame =/

Edit2: WAIT! She is trying to have a feud with Erikah Baduh... please drop Azealia.

I will never forget this lmao!! The quick ban right after.. I am still dead!

YAAAAAAAASSSSS at this perfect post. I have all of these in my Spotify: Late Night R&B Playlist. Ugh, R&B is amazing I swear. There is nothing like it. Let me bop to the 90's...

TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif

Oop! How did this happen?

royalan

...but you guys are ok with Azealia Banks' racist/homophobic/rape-supporting/alien/stupid-beyond-belief twitter account still existing.

I see this hypocrisy.

Floridian

...but you guys are ok with Azealia Banks' racist/homophobic/rape-supporting/alien/stupid-beyond-belief twitter account still existing.

I see this hypocrisy.

I would go byebitch.gif x2 if she announced she was taking a break off twitter to work on new music or something.

I see this hypocrisy.

She is trash TBH.

But I can't help but like BWET. Honestly, if she'd just shut up I wouldn't give a fuck. But as it is, she kind of needs to drop off the face of the earth.

I see this hypocrisy.

Idk, idealistically I don't agree with some of the things Azealia says.

But Iggy has never said anything right for me to even reserve a bit of "like" in my system for her. I long separated Iggy the person from Iggy the celebrity. I did the same with banks.

But one thing that leveraged both heavily relied in the music... And in all honesty BWET >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TNC

That right there makes me happy that Iggy left. Maybe she can finally make better music. I'm tired of the hypeman beats and her lame lyrics.

royalan

Idk, idealistically I don't agree with some of the things Azealia says.

But Iggy has never said anything right for me to even reserve a bit of "like" in my system for her. I long separated Iggy the person from Iggy the celebrity. I did the same with banks.

But one thing that leveraged both heavily relied in the music... And in all honesty BWET >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TNC

That right there makes me happy that Iggy left. Maybe she can finally make better music. I'm tired of the hypeman beats and her lame lyrics.

I should have known popgaffers would be in here defending her...

rhandino

Banned
A defense for Azealia, the person? How? She is like a pure mass of [ V I L E ] at this point that is feuding with people just because they don't like her music.

Partition

Banned
also brainlesS for loving afailia

i just can't stop listening to her critically acclaimed album every day. or laughing at her tweets when she says she needs reparations. it's almost like she is self parody and there to sound so stupid that it's funny. of course that's muddled in between a really offensive tweet, but i'll forget about it the next day when M i s s A m o r comes on in the car.
shameless, maybe. but i cannot help myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom