• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floridian

But wasn't Good Girl Gone Bad all about Rihanna breaking away from those poisonous influences and doing her own thing, as indicated by the radical style change?

Rih, ha integrity.

And the result we got was Umbrella, one of the top songs this generation. hehe

umbrella.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Her newfound integrity made her focus on her career; both of these decisions still have people (read: you) talking about them today. Rihanna stays keeping her name in your mouth. Feel free to gag.

I'll be gagging but not thanks to Rihanna. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Touchdown

Banned
It's not rih's fault, Beyonce is cited as an influence/icon by many of the current pop artists today that we adore.

anN165ItOws.jpg

Beyonce is getting older. I wonder how much longer she'll remain relevant. And Rih seems to have lost whatever little voice she had to begin with at a terribly young age and her care for music in general. Each day that passes lessens the likelihood of another number one single from either of them, all the while rumors swirl of Mimi being back in the studio... Do they have what it takes to remain current in the coming years?

tumblr_n0y6o1CBnU1qkdh9eo3_250.gif

cory64

Rihanna's voice is getting better actually, she just likes to serve unecessary rasp. Still has 2 or 3 albers left in it.

Sis, I mean physically. Rihanna completely shed the "Beyonce-lite" styling with GGGB.

Oh, true. Once this happened:
cvTX18y.jpg

Beyonic was officially in the rearview mirror.

rude

Banned
Mimi's next #1 is already preemptively serving Believe (Cher) teas. Her next smash will be VERY gay friendly imo.

Floridian

Beyonce is getting older. I wonder how much longer she'll remain relevant. And Rih seems to have lost whatever little voice she had to begin with at a terribly young age and her care for music in general. Each day that passes lessens the likelihood of another number one single from either of them, all the while rumors swirl of Mimi being back in the studio... Do they have what it takes to remain current in the coming years?

tumblr_n0y6o1CBnU1qkdh9eo3_250.gif

I mean they both have been in the industry for 10+ years, and rih isn't even 30 yet. I would say both of their longevity is secured atm.

cory64

My official Rihanna alber ranking on the eve of R8 (underlined indicates the weakest song on that album I spin regularly, bold indicates iconic tracks, italics indicate trash):

1. Rated R
  1. Rude Boy
  2. Hard
  3. Photographs
  4. Fire Bomb
  5. Rockstar 101
  6. Cold Case Love
  7. The Last Song
  8. Te Amo
  9. G4L
  10. Wait Your Turn
  11. Russian Roulette
  12. Mad House
  13. Stupid In Love
  14. Hole In My Head
2. Unapologetic
  1. Phresh Out The Runway
  2. No Love Allowed
  3. Loveeeeee Song
  4. Nobody's Business
  5. Pour It Up
  6. Get It Over With
  7. Jump
  8. Love Without Tragedy/Mother Mary
  9. Diamonds
  10. Stay
  11. What Now
  12. Right Now
  13. Numb
  14. Lost In Paradise
  15. Half of Me
3. Talk That Talk
  1. Where Have You Been
  2. We Found Love
  3. Birthday Cake
  4. Watch N Learn
  5. Do Ya Thang
  6. Cockiness
  7. Red Lipstick
  8. You Da One
  9. Drunk On Love
  10. Roc Me Out
  11. Talk That Talk
  12. Fool In Love
  13. Farewell
  14. We All Want Love
4. Good Girl Gone Bad (/Reloaded)
  1. Umbrella
  2. Don't Stop The Music
  3. Disturbia
  4. Breakin Dishes
  5. Push Up On Me
  6. Take A Bow
  7. Sell Me Candy
  8. Shut Up And Drive
  9. Rehab
  10. Good Girl Gone Bad
  11. Hate That I Love You
  12. Question Existing
  13. Lemme Get That
  14. Say It
5. Loud
  1. Man Down
  2. Only Girl
  3. What's My Name
  4. Skin
  5. S&M
  6. Cheers
  7. Raining Men
  8. Love The Way You Lie II
  9. Fading
  10. California King Bed
  11. Complicated
6. Music of the Sun
  1. Pon De Replay
  2. That La La La
  3. Let Me
  4. Rush
  5. If It's Lovin That You Want
  6. Willing To Wait
  7. Here I Go Again
  8. There's A Thug In My Life
  9. The Last Time
  10. You Don't Love Me (No, No, No)
  11. Music Of The Sun
  12. Now I Know
7. A Girl Like Me
  1. SOS
  2. Break It Off
  3. We Ride
  4. Kisses Don't Lie
  5. Unfaithful
  6. Dem Haters
  7. P.S. (I'm Still Not Over You)
  8. A Girl Like Me
  9. Final Goodbye
  10. Crazy Little Thing Called Love
  11. Selfish Girl
  12. A Million Miles Away

Soooooooooooooo I want to do an official PopGAF shout out.

Icicle is one of the coolest, nicest, amazing, PopGAF legends ever. I ultra love him and meeting him for this short 3 day stretch at Pax was amazing. I wish he still hanged around PopGAF but I understand the circumstances. I honestly met a legend. I feel honored. I just wanted to say that.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Icicle is one of the coolest, nicest, amazing, PopGAF legends ever. I ultra love him and meeting him for this short 3 day stretch at Pax was amazing. I wish he still hanged around PopGAF but I understand the circumstances. I honestly met a legend. I feel honored. I just wanted to say that.

Took pics with da queen?

cory64

One of the TRUE icons. You have been blessed.

Floridian

Icicle is pretty nice. He gave me a bunch of Brandy song recommendations that I still have to follow through.

edit: mess @ me mixing up names

Touchdown

Banned

:eek: awww i want to meet u guys too. Wish I could have gone

wait @ me being ready for this new M.I.A shit to peel my scalp back and getting disappointed, the beat's there but the vocal delivery is half-assed

#justiceforKala

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
christ almighty
just saw an advert for home and it looks fucking awful
let us pray the soundtrack is salvageable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom