• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christina at the Drake/Lil' Wayne concert:

OEiQjQt.png

YAAAAAASSSSS!!!

Christina is so beautiful!

I'm voting for Kelly just because of My December.

Never Again

Sober

Haunted

Vitanimus

Rihanna not winning is a travesty like jessie has one 8/10 album while Rihanna has
6/10 albums filled with jams, bops, and BANGERZ.

Ch.......

Rihanna not winning is a travesty like jessie has one 8/10 album while Rihanna has
6/10 albums filled with jams, bops, and BANGERZ.

Ch.......

Well apparently *some* sistren wanted Rih to fall so that she has a better shot in the Losers Bracket, coz nothing says strategy like pitting someone up against Beyonce. lol

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I disagree. The songs on Devotion show a level of creative differentiation and interest that's completely lacking from ULTRAVIOLENCE. Wildest Moments is clearly of a kind, but still aurally different from, say, 110%. ULTRAVIOLENCE is just one, very long, very boring song.

Mau ®

I wish I could vote Kelly and support Crump *.*

But Katy's bop game is way better than Kelly. She just doesn't have a song as good as "Teenage Dream". And she probably never will :(

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Who wants to send me one of the beautiful programmes from the Kate Bush show? Godels? Matt?

my mum would beat me to death if I took it and sent it anywhere
they really were stunning though, if a bit difficult to read

cory64

Ariana Grande:
album goes up for free & no lead track in the top 20 on iTunes less than a month after release

certified PHLOP.

iO6TKVfoUYpMk.gif

Gaga coming for those first week sales again with the "2000 signed copies" from a record store in NY
I bought one tho.

Isnt she and Kenny Chesney Neck To Neck as far as first week projections go? Last I checked her albums' maximum projection was higher than Kenny's minimum projection, so there's hope.

Watch Barbra Streisand beat them both tbh

Mumei

Isnt she and Kenny Chesney Neck To Neck as far as first week projections go? Last I checked her albums' maximum projection was higher than Kenny's minimum projection, so there's hope.

Watch Barbra Streisand beat them both tbh

Oh, hey. Not bad at all.

When will Mariah?

Edit:

With a 10th No. 1, she ties for the fourth-most No. 1s in history with Elvis Presley (who is featured on Partners). Ahead of them are the Beatles, with 19, Jay Z, with 13, and Bruce Springsteen, with 11. (Streisand continues to hold the record for the most No. 1 albums among women.)

Oh. Never, that's when.

I'm voting for...

tumblr_mdddxh2nSw1qmiykzo2_250.gif

Yep, that's right, Kelly Clarkson. And, you should too! If you like Katy Perry, then you have to vote for Kelly. Kelly made Breakaway, which made wholesome non-sexualized pop music relevant again. Afterwards, Kelly stopped being chummy with Dr. Luke, so he had to go and find another girl to control, which led to the creation of Katy Perry. If you are a Christina Aguilera fan, you must vote for Kelly. Without Kelly being the first winner of American Idol, becoming sucessful, thusly making singing competition shows relevant, Christina wouldn't have a career right now. If you are a stan of any other pop girl, then you should definitely vote for Kelly too, cause I'm sure Kelly has said some kind things about your fav. If you stan for Kayne West, then idk, I guess you could vote for Kelly to repent for Kayne interrupting Taylor Swift's acceptance speech. Kelly was very affected by that interruption so much so that she made a blog post going after Kayne. So, that means if you stan Taylor, then you should throw some votes to Kelly as well. Plus, Kelly is married to a sexy man. Katy is just like Beyonce, she has bad taste in men. Why would you vote for someone who has swapped saliva with John Mayer and Russell Brand? Instead vote for someone who fools around with the sexy Brandon Blackstock.

The choice is easy
Don't lock yourself in a Prism by voting for Katy
Be Stronger and vote for Kelly

#KellyPOPGAFOT-XTourneyDominator2014

Christina at the Drake/Lil' Wayne concert:

OEiQjQt.png

YAAAAAASSSSS!!!
Goodness, her man is quite the handsome fella. *.*

tumblr_mefj3uaI3a1rkfsxoo1_250.gif

3phemeral

Oh, hey. Not bad at all.

When will Mariah?

Edit:

Oh. Never, that's when.
You paid Souls' post dust, Mooms: :)

I need Mumei to listen to Cheek to Cheek and give us a formal review of Gaga's vocals, as well as a comparison between her skillset and some other pop girls.

I don't know shit about pop. What do you think about this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWuEk0f0e0Q

I want to like it, but I generally dislike when KPOP or JPOP songs transition back and forth from English. I'm sure someone else here would enjoy it, though.

3phemeral

3phemeral

I didn't see it!

What's he talking about, anyway?

Referring to her Jazz album with Tony Bennett. I'll post some links:

Anything Goes

Lush Life (Live) | Lush Life (Studio)
Firefly
It Don't Mean a Thing
Ev’ry Time We Say Goodbye
I Won’t Dance
They All Laughed

I admittedly haven't listened to most of it because in the clips I've heard, her tone and pronunciation are being affected so weirdly that I just find it unappealing. I like Lush Life and Bang Bang is all right.

Vazduh

You voted for Katy? Trash 🚮

Kelly will always be a better singer, but call me when she releases something on the level of Teenage Dream.

QWkf43c.gif

I kind of like it. But doesn't he have a twin brother that always dressed more masculine?

Yeah, that would be Tom. It's still the same, Bill is more on the feminine side, while Tom is the masculine one.

Btw, the song is actually solid, and I'm kind of surprised since I've never liked their stuff. Slay a bit, I guess.

Favorite Katy Perry songs:

1) Teenage Dream
2) Thinking Of You
3) Circle The Drain
4) The One That Got Away
5) Waking Up In Vegas

Favorite Kelly Clarkson songs:

1) Catch My Breath
2) Breakaway
3) My Life Would Suck WIthout You
4) Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)
5) Because of You

RubyFaith

Our 8th battle has come to an end, and it wasn't necessarily a blowout. Did the Barbadian beauty take down the English soft crooner, or did Miss Ware pull out an upset?

HERE ARE YOUR RESULTS:

iMPI9yCymtLzM.png

So that happened. POPGAF evidently either really adores Jessie Ware, or the #NAVY grew a bit complacent ala the Hive. Rihanna moves down a block to the Losers Bracket, joining Taylor Swift, Ellie Goulding, Kylie Minogue, Beyonce, Lana Del Rey, Ke$ha and Grimes in the alternate phase of the tournament. Who will join them next?

The Losers Bracket will be initiated once Battle 10 is completed, so we have two more battles to vote on before we get to see these flops back in action. The Losers Bracket will be voted on a bit differently too, at least in the beginning. Stay tuned for more deets.

Now let's refocus on the next round! Check back in a few minutes for the next leading ladies!

I haven't been voting but what is this shit? I don't even know who Jessie Ware is?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom