• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladenic

Favorite Katy Perry songs:

1) Teenage Dream
2) Thinking Of You
3) Circle The Drain
4) The One That Got Away
5) Waking Up In Vegas

Favorite Kelly Clarkson songs:

1) Catch My Breath
2) Breakaway
3) My Life Would Suck WIthout You
4) Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)
5) Because of You

twat in Taylor's name

thinking of you

really

im done

anyway since you did it

katy

1. california gurlz
2. hot n cold
3. kissed a bitch
4. waking up in riff raff
5. Extra terrorist or teenage shit idk both are gud

honorable: dark whore

kelly:

1. Since God's Been Gone
2. My God Would Suck Without God
3. Stronger (What Doesn't Kill God)
4. Gone
5. Underneath the Tree

honorable: too many but most prominent are dont you wanna stay and behind these godly eyes

Majmun

Such injustice. Riri is the real MVP and everyone knows it.

i4SGNui5S81Qy.gif

Majmun

first things first, stop letting Bey's education influence your own

second, I have no qualms about calling hipsterGaf out on the ridiculousness. Just 'cause your fave lost and you quietly accepted it doesn't mean I have to.

m6u859.gif

inKdqxjvSouzt.gif

but my fave didn't lose from a indie hipster hew

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
so slide over here
and give me a moment
your moves are so raw
i've got to let you know
i've got to let you know
you're one of my kind

iyjIEHlZO72TM.gif

botty

Banned

Yes, like losing viewers throughout the night with her HBO special

Whatever the reason, reruns of The Big Bang Theory actually beat out the powerhouse couple in ratings, reports Perez Hilton. The special had less than a million viewers. To be exact, On The Run had 880,000 viewers. Meanwhile. BBT repeats captured 2,790,000 million views.

x

The irony if BLEACH beating Beyonce is not lost on me.
ib1X8JpFHjynbl.gif

Lettuce not forget the album artist selling less albums WW, and achieving less certifications than the singles artist:
Rihanna - Unapologetic
h8kp4Yd.png

Beyonce - BEYONCE
PKz8Zpl.png

And Beyonce avoided leaks.

ibtJkMu5vUsZQh.gif

Let's not forget the BEYONCE singles and how those impacted the charts:

Drunk in Love - 1x Platinum
XO -
DEUgSB5.jpg

Pretty Hurts -
AoifOvP.jpg

Partition -
RRm9vZq.jpg

But like she said, sometimes you lose.
iYxJ4p5s7j3w5.gif

Majmun

While my fave is still selling her in 2013 released album for $16, your fave is giving her recently released album away for FREE

Beyoncé made more money and received more critical acclaim with her album than any of your faves have ever done during their "careers"

It's not about the units you sell, but the amount of money you gross. And on that regard: Beyoncé >>>> your struggling faves

While my fave is still selling her in 2013 released album for $16, your fave is giving her recently released album away for FREE

Beyoncé made more money and received more critical acclaim with her album than any of your faves have ever done during their "careers"

It's not about the units you sell, but the amount of money you gross. And on that regard: Beyoncé >>>> your struggling faves
Beyonce has been active nearly 20 years, so I'd HOPE she'd have grossed more money than post-2008 pop acts.

Accidentally posted this in the Cats vs Dogs thread, lol. #failurefriday #myfatherwasright

Anyway, so how are the votes coming along? Here's a quick look:

ifs5TTWOv5CES.png

Not too many people have voted yet, so if you haven't PM'd me your choice make sure to do so ASAP! Every vote counts and matters, so CLICK HERE to submit your preferred candidate now. Thanks everyone! :)

royalan

I have to give this to Kelly.

Katy gives me more poppy bops, Kl but Kelly... Just, damn... That voice.

Kelly is one of the few girls I put in the same category as Xtina, vocally. Even with her flaws, she still manages to impress me through sheer gumption.

Xtina has issues with how she produces her sound... But despite that she's incredibly versatile, and fucking fearless in the way that she sings.

Likewise, Kelly's lower register is nothing to write home about, and she's not as versatile as someone with her instrument could be, but she's so damn CONSISTENT in her upper register. Listening to her live is an experience. Oh, and her performance of Natural Woman at the 2012 (?) Grammy Awards gave me chills.

Katy HAS given me more fun bops, but Kelly's given me just enough for me to justify letting her voice give her the edge.

Oh, and she embarrassed Beyoncé at the Inauguration, which is enough for me to give her my vote.

rude

Banned
are people really using technical skill as a criterion for this competition...I really dgaf about how many registers/bars/flips/arpeggios/reverse pomeranians whoever can do live. I'm just here for the m u s i c.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
There is nothing better than hearing an artist hit a high note at a concert
Zayn's was amzayn
and see the crowd go wild which why I am voting for Kelly

poor Katy stans will never get to experience this

royalan

are people really using technical skill as a criterion for this competition...I really dgaf about how many registers/bars/flips/arpeggios/reverse pomeranians whoever can do live. I'm just here for the m u s i c.

Kelly gives me more songs I go back to BECAUSE of her voice.

Katy has more fun bops.

But Kelly has fun Bops... Plus fun midtempos and great ballads.

A great Katy ballad? LOL

Also? Wrapped in Red legit slayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom