• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazduh

This was one of Sam's recent FB posts.

10351394_640089572756405_6584218126957145799_n.jpg

Happy Sunday Everyone!! I'm feeling very sorry for myself sick in bed today!! Have a fun one thou xx

I find these kinds of selfies ridiculous, tbh.

Results for this battle might be a little delayed because I have a date tonight, but they will be posted upon my return.

Hoping for a longer delay if you know what I'm sayin'

rude

Banned
Sam should honestly just stop fucking around and get that follicular unit transplant shit on lock. i know he he has the money for it. not that that'd really make him any more attractive.

SaintZ

Sam should honestly just stop fucking around and get that follicular unit transplant shit on lock. i know he he has the money for it. not that that'd really make him any more attractive.
His receding hairline is really tragic, specially at such young age. It's the first thing I notice every time I see a picture of him :rip:

rude

Banned
Mau ®;133482449 said:
R8 is coming this year, sistren.

dhlvfjedwsgvolscbluqasejbd
Don't phuck w/me sis I haven't listened to an alberm with more than two good songs since...idek when

I need her DJ Mustard tracks NOW. If he can make Tinashe and Fergie go hard...simply choking @ the thought

Meier

Please tell me you're not calling Break the Rules atrocious.

It's absolutely embarrassing. I felt awful for her every second I listened to it -- I haven't seen or heard someone sell out that bad in years. Just cringeworthy trash -- you would never in a million years think that it was from the same artist as the person who put out a near masterpiece like True Romance.

And to the other person who referenced Fancy. Please. I saw Charli open for Sleigh Bells in London back in March 2012 (Suerte saw me and my brother outside but didn't say hi, boo!). I am not new to enjoying her music. That song is hot garbage.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Marina?

Oh and I'm watching Savages right now and Taylor Kitsch is absolutely delightful, wd gaga
ibtGfL8WdMmmcI.gif
ibtGfL8WdMmmcI.gif

Mau ®

So Gaga grossed little over 1M for the stadium dates of ArtGrave.

Lady Gaga, Lady Starlight ITU Stadyumu Istanbul, Turkey Sept. 16, 2014 $1,123,106 19,157 /
19,157 1 / 1 $326.94, $42.91 Live Nation Global Touring/Pozitif Live

Lady Gaga, Lady Starlight Olympic Stadium Athens, Greece Sept. 19, 2014 $941,091 26,860 /
26,860 1 / 1 $134.99, $45 Live Nation Global Touring/Lavris

Tragic.

050310-Katie-Rihanna-400.jpg

Mau ®;133499363 said:
So Gaga grossed little over 1M for the stadium dates of ArtGrave.

Tragic.

050310-Katie-Rihanna-400.jpg
Yes, let's laugh at Gaga not overcharging her Greek fans, a country whose economy is in the drain. Economically understanding chanteuse.

Still sold out tho.

Utter death at I Luh Ya Papi originally being I Luh Ya *****
http://www.spin.com/articles/tinashe-jennifer-lopez-i-luh-ya-papi-original-demo/
It wasn't "Papi" at first, it was "I Luh You Nigga," like, I luh ya luh ya luh ya nigga. They switched the swag up a little bit! It was intended for Aquarius and everything. Then Detail was in a session with J. Lo and he played her the track, because you know these producers sometimes, they're like "Yo, lemme play you my hot shit!" I guess she obviously really liked it, and she cut her version. One day Detail calls me and is like "B-T-dubs, J. Lo is singing that song." I didn't believe it at first, I thought he was just not trying to give it to me for some reason. I was like "J. Lo does not want that song, she's not gonna sing that." And then it came out. I guess she wanted it

Mau ®

Tinashe is slaying the critics.

80 on Metacritic.

Yes, let's laugh at Gaga not overcharging her Greek fans, a country whose economy is in the drain. Economically understanding chanteuse.

Still sold out tho.

Madonna did that Greek stadium and it certainly was able to fit more people than 26k. Gaga and her promoters love to report sold out shows when they usually are far from that.

10ab636cc2de4279c278be69e1f57f15.png

The Greek debt crisis started in 2008 too.

The Flop

Banned
Is the Alex & Sierra album any good? :)

I'm enjoying it. The best debut album of any singing show contestant in a while.
Till Fifth Harmony Slays in December

Also what is this ratchetness at me bopping to a J bro. I can't at me grinding to Numb and Jealous.

Anyways I've been gone for a while b/c I've been

tumblr_nd08jtcUBl1qzwh14o1_500.gif

But I'm back...

When will your favs come for my weave!?

(i'm not sober)

tumblr_inline_nd3z6huaSp1qzw3a7.gif

Apologies for the delay! The Losers Bracket now shuts down its first round, and this was a close one!

iKcgQVmTy9EBc.png

Charli squeaks by with a single extra vote! Battle 04 gave us the lowest voter turnout so far in the competition, so combined with the close results, Charli's momentum is not exactly the envy of others. That said, she has earned her win and will be moving forward with a shot to make it back to the winners bracket! Bye Katy...

And here's our overall Tourney status! Another one bites the dust...

ilwp00VvmgpG0.png

We ain't playing around anymore. Now that we've sorted out the first round of the Losers Bracket, we can refocus on our faves on the Winners side. Here comes ROUND 02!

iSPZHIOPfkTcr.png

Oh bitch. We're back at the Winners deck. And I cannot WAIT to see how this first matchup turns out.

Seriously, this one hurts to look at it. Like a gay solar eclipse.

What happens when you take two of POPGAF's most active, beloved queens and have them fight to the death?

Sigh...

ibtnAkZSwe2Onq.png

I've added winning odds to the matchup graphic; this factors in percentage victories from past battles as well as number of cumulative votes. In this case Lady Gaga has a slight advantage, but this is anyone's game.

Will you send Robyn or Lady Gaga forward in the Winners Bracket? Who will you send to the field of flops? This is a high stakes round ladies. Choose carefully!

YOU CAN VOTE NOW BY CLICKING HERE.

The new David Guetta song Dangerous is surprisingly listenable.

I didn't think it was possible. And no trash EDM breakdown in sight. It's very... not what I've come to expect from Guetta.

[edit]: Not me having to choose between Gaga and Robyn.

Aside from the fact that Gaga clutched the pop culture zeitgeist by its balls, here are 10 reasons why you should love yourself and vote for the inevitable queen of pop:

1) Bad Romance - A sophomore effort to end all sophomore efforts. Oops!... I Did It Again could never.

2) Pokerface - One of the most iconic hooks of all time, 'nuff said.

3) Born This Way - This song arrived right at the cusp of gay rights hitting mainstream critical mass. You don't have to say that it helped facilitate it, but you might as well tell the truth.

4) Telephone - Who else can get Beyonce to duet with her (TWICE) with only one album into her own career? And not only that, but stand toe to fucking toe with her like a goddamn equal? Only this bitch.

5) The Meat Dress - This isn't a song, but its impact was so exponential that it will forever live on as a footnote in popular fashion. It is synonymous with pop zeitgeist. It is the greatest, most ridiculous, most hilarious, most self-aware fashion choice ever on a red carpet of anything and nothing will ever top the sheer AUDACITY of having this worn at an internationally televised award show. No one else has the balls or appetite.

6) She can sing well - Apologies to Robyn, but Lady Gaga doesn't need endless vocal synth technology to make her voice not sound shaky and high pitched like a dog whistle. Gaga is a fantastic singer who can perform toe to toe with all-time greats. Robyn's voice sounds shaky just standing stockstill. I guess that's why she lip syncs though.

7) She (re)-popularized online social interaction - Ever since Gaga took over Twitter and made it her proverbial bitch, pop stars nowadays vent, shade, shamelessly promote and directly engage their fans on social media sites as daily routine. Not only was Gaga the first major pop star to use Twitter on a large-scale front, but she was the first to prove indelibly that the new frontier for pop star culture was social media transparency. And who doesn't have a Twitter and Instagram account now?

8) She runs a machine, but isn't machine-run - Lady Gaga does what Lady Gaga fucking wants. If she wants to use her maximum exposure to sing about gay rights advocacy instead of singing about club twerking and busting hymens then she does it. If she wants to release a collection of jazz standards with an 88 year old sarcophagus instead of making another pop record, she fucking does it. Lady Gaga is so unpredictable that you'd be hard pressed to say that it isn't fun to watch and follow. You never know what this bitch is gonna pull out next. And that's entertainment.

9) Paparazzi - Yes this song is brilliant, and it's a beautiful foretold story about the public assassination of the icon, released only a few years before Gaga got to see it happen to her. Unlike her genius VMA performance however, Gaga shall rise above unscathed.

10) It's Lady Motherfucking Gaga - Robyn's an amazing pop artist, we know this. But Lady Gaga. How many of us were legit shook at her meteoritic rise to superstardom? How many of us compared her to MADONNA so early on in her career? Most importantly, how many of us legitimately declared Lady Gaga the future and inevitable ruler of pop music based on merely a snapshot of her full potential as an artist? Whether or not you liked Born This Way or ARTPOP, the fact is that time and time again we all come back to Gaga in hopes that she fulfills our own manufactured prophecy: To be the best, and smash the other bitches to filth. And it's because we need it to be true. Enough said.

There's only one answer here. #voteforGaga

giphy.gif

Aside from the fact that Gaga clutched the pop culture zeitgeist by its balls, here are 10 reasons why you should love yourself and vote for the inevitable queen of pop:

1) Bad Romance - A sophomore effort to end all sophomore efforts. Oops!... I Did It Again could never.

2) Pokerface - One of the most iconic hooks of all time, 'nuff said.

3) Born This Way - This song arrived right at the cusp of gay rights hitting mainstream critical mass. You don't have to say that it helped facilitate it, but you might as well tell the truth.

4) Telephone - Who else can get Beyonce to duet with her (TWICE) with only one album into her own career? And not only that, but stand toe to fucking toe with her like a goddamn equal? Only this bitch.

5) The Meat Dress - This isn't a song, but its impact was so exponential that it will forever live on as a footnote in popular fashion. It is synonymous with pop zeitgeist. It is the greatest, most ridiculous, most hilarious, most self-aware fashion choice ever on a red carpet of anything and nothing will ever top the sheer AUDACITY of having this worn at an internationally televised award show. No one else has the balls or appetite.

6) She can sing well - Apologies to Robyn, but Lady Gaga doesn't need endless vocal synth technology to make her voice not sound shaky and high pitched like a dog whistle. Gaga is a fantastic singer who can perform toe to toe with all-time greats. Robyn's voice sounds shaky just standing stockstill. I guess that's why she lip syncs though.

7) She (re)-popularized online social interaction - Ever since Gaga took over Twitter and made it her proverbial bitch, pop stars nowadays vent, shade, shamelessly promote and directly engage their fans on social media sites as daily routine. Not only was Gaga the first major pop star to use Twitter on a large-scale front, but she was the first to prove indelibly that the new frontier for pop star culture was social media transparency. And who doesn't have a Twitter and Instagram account now?

8) She runs a machine, but isn't machine-run - Lady Gaga does what Lady Gaga fucking wants. If she wants to use her maximum exposure to sing about gay rights advocacy instead of singing about club twerking and busting hymens then she does it. If she wants to release a collection of jazz standards with an 88 year old sarcophagus instead of making another pop record, she fucking does it. Lady Gaga is so unpredictable that you'd be hard pressed to say that it isn't fun to watch and follow. You never know what this bitch is gonna pull out next. And that's entertainment.

9) Paparazzi - Yes this song is brilliant, and it's a beautiful foretold story about the public assassination of the icon, released only a few years before Gaga got to see it happen to her. Unlike her genius VMA performance however, Gaga shall rise above unscathed.

10) It's Lady Motherfucking Gaga - Robyn's an amazing pop artist, we know this. But Lady Gaga. How many of us were legit shook at her meteoritic rise to superstardom? How many of us compared her to MADONNA so early on in her career? Most importantly, how many of us legitimately declared Lady Gaga the future and inevitable ruler of pop music based on merely a snapshot of her full potential as an artist? Whether or not you liked Born This Way or ARTPOP, the fact is that time and time again we all come back to Gaga in hopes that she fulfills our own manufactured prophecy: To be the best, and smash the other bitches to filth. And it's because we need it to be true. Enough said.

There's only one answer here. #voteforGaga

giphy.gif

tea is hot.jpg

Gaga is the obvious choice here. None of Robyn's output has approached or ever will approach Gaga's creative peak.

So Happy I Could Die isn't just (by far) Gaga's best work - it's also one of the most lyrically powerful pop songs of the decade.

Too bad no one else acknowledges its greatness, least of all Gags herself~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom