• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

3phemeral

Seems like I'm the only one who didn't for that overly long musical extravaganza. Reminded me of the shoehorned mess that was Stevie Nicks' modern-day music-video revival in Coven. Everything else was fantastic, though.

I'm trying not to get hyped but I really hope Marina releases FROOT at midnight BST. I mean her site is literally just the logo now so it could be automatically set up.

I shan't listen to Tough Love until Jessie blesses it to appear in my library
Assuming Itunes doesn't fuck it up like every other preorder I seem to have with them

and Jessica Lange slayed that musical number

This. I have been pulling out hair and scratching off my nails just to not listen to this album. She will receive coins before I listen. It is guaranteed..

On another note.. Aquarius is the best sign in the world and the best album by Tinashe. The whole album is a 9/10 for me.

USE

Aquarius
Bet
Cold Sweat
2 On
How Many Times (YAAASSSSS! The melody does sound familiar though. I know it's from an old 90's R&B guy group)
Thug Cry
Feels like Vegas
All Hands on Deck

Semi Use but will likely skip

Far side of the moon
Pretend
Bated Breath
Wildfire

rude

Banned
Seems like I'm the only one who didn't for that overly long musical extravaganza. Reminded me of the shoehorned mess that was Stevie Nicks' modern-day music-video revival in Coven. Everything else was fantastic, though.
Now sis the seven wonders sequence is beyond iconic. Haven't watched Freakshow yet tho.

The Name Game sequence in Asylum is forever the pinnacle.

I'm trying not to get hyped but I really hope Marina releases FROOT at midnight BST. I mean her site is literally just the logo now so it could be automatically set up.

I'm ready to be blessed. The snippet she posted was incredible.

Yado

On another note.. Aquarius is the best sign in the world and the best album by Tinashe. The whole album is a 9/10 for me.

USE

Aquarius
Bet
Cold Sweat
2 On
How Many Times (YAAASSSSS! The melody does sound familiar though. I know it's from an old 90's R&B guy group)
Thug Cry
Feels like Vegas
All Hands on Deck

Far side of the moon
Pretend
Bated Breath
Wildfire

Some of my faves on in the skip list, lol. I love Bated Breath.

HI
Aquaris
Bet
Cold Sweat
2 On
All Hands On Deck
Far Side of the Moon
Bated Breath
Wildfire

BYE
How Many Times - Future ruins this for me, what the fuck are those garbled noises he's making? Why is he a thing? Who thought this would be ok?
Pretend - Boring
Thug Cry - Boring

I would probably rate it 9/10 as well. It slays.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
BzC5EGlIAAAUqfC.jpg

Marina Diamandis @MarinasDiamonds · 7h 7 hours ago
It's Frootmas Eve!

It is now 10/10/2014 in the UK, the goods will be here soon :duca

This. I have been pulling out hair and scratching off my nails just to not listen to this album. She will receive coins before I listen. It is guaranteed..

USE

Aquarius
Bet
Cold Sweat
2 On
Thug Cry
Feels like Vegas
All Hands on Deck

Far side of the moon
Pretend
Bated Breath
Wildfire

How Many Times samples Janet's Funny How Time Flies (When You're Having Fun)
It got a radio release but wasn't an official single.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxfVFAUShkw

The influence is all through the album down to the interludes.

How Many Times samples Janet's Funny How Time Flies (When You're Having Fun)
It got a radio release but wasn't an official single.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxfVFAUShkw

The influence is all through the album down to the interludes.

Tsk, I am such a flop! I listened to this song the other day and for some reason my brain thought some guys were singing it. Yes, this is it. But she did a good job. I don't know Wtf future was doing on the track but saying all that

"BOK BOK CH CH CH EH EH SBDJEBD SBDJEBD SNXVEIDB BDKAIFHE SKXHEOZ FNCIEKDBW WEEURNDU!!"

like what?

Tsk, I am such a flop! I listened to this song the other day and for some reason my brain thought some guys were singing it. Yes, this is it. But she did a good job. I don't know Wtf future was doing on the track but saying all that

"BOK BOK CH CH CH EH EH SBDJEBD SBDJEBD SNXVEIDB BDKAIFHE SKXHEOZ FNCIEKDBW WEEURNDU!!"

like what?

Future ruins every song he is featured on. He is terrible and yet these girls continue to use him.
How he got this far with so little talent as an artist is beyond me.

I liked how she did the ad libs to match the original.

D:

She had moments in that PM you sent me, by the way, but there's a lot of DIRE in there. Like, "Has she completely lost her voice?" dire.

As a longtime fan of hers seeing her highs and lows this is most certainly her low point.
Her voice is getting worse as time progresses due to her nodules and drinking habit.

I think she should take some time off and work on her voice.
Or at the very least write for others and focus on the kids because this is not it.

royalan

Tinashe just performed 2 On and Pretend on Jimmy Kimmel.

Knocked both out of the park. Was surprised. This girl is coming up.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
still being utterly SLAIN by skulls

we will be the arms that lift you higher
we will be the hands that strike you down

Round 02, Battle 01 is yielding some interesting results. Make sure to PM me your vote for either Lady Gaga or Robyn before this evening at 8pm EST! This is a close race, so jump in the game! :)

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I just listened to this. Oh my god, it's incredible.

i05ls2X52aNnt.gif

the album is going to SNATCH

there was a preview of another track earlier last week, it was also a slay

and the listing includes

monument (the inevitable end version)
running to the sea (ft. susanne sundfør)
something in my heart

and another new track with susanne sunfør and another with robyn

there's another track here too:

http://theinevitableend.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom