• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Stefan™;110679364 said:
https://www.youtube.com/user/stanleyrocks123/videos

Will these suffice?

J2G0BJP.gif

I don't like how she left out verses for some of the songs.
03102c4e.gif

Doing god's work
io6Hv4aouQAJW.gif

edit; Ratchet sounds like LEGIT FIRE
Let me start my rituals for artpop 2

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Just realised the absence of Love game :(

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I think she probably thinks that ARTPOP is more similar to TF and TFM more than BTW? Or maybe it's a conscious choice to tell the fans that BTW is done and over.

Of course it's also customary on an album tour to only play the bigger hits from your previous albums, so she's not going to just drop in album tracks she never released as singles.

Nemesis_

I think she probably thinks that ARTPOP is more similar to TF and TFM more than BTW? Or maybe it's a conscious choice to tell the fans that BTW is done and over.

Of course it's also customary on an album tour to only play the bigger hits from your previous albums, so she's not going to just drop in album tracks she never released as singles.

Marius raised a good point that she has never performed BTW live for half of the US. That's a pretty shitty thing, but I understand she can't really design two different kinds of tours just because of the cancellation.

I still would've loved maybe Scheisse. It fit in with the theme of a rave, which she was obviously keen on keeping since she's scrapper her beloved Dope from the tracklist.

i was about to complain that sheezus isn't on spotify but then i checked

let me give it a listen

It's so bad I am so pressed

Stefan™;110685874 said:
Apparently, most of the people who attended the show last night only knew the singles from TFM.

iCN8Jtn82VIDn.gif

Not surprising really. I was shocked to find so many people getting into Edge of Glory. The whole audience was up and bopping during that when I went to BTWB. I thought everything from BTW onwards was unknown for her. Though I guess that might be more of the case with ARTPOP >_>

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Marius raised a good point that she has never performed BTW live for half of the US. That's a pretty shitty thing, but I understand she can't really design two different kinds of tours just because of the cancellation.

I still would've loved maybe Scheisse. It fit in with the theme of a rave, which she was obviously keen on keeping since she's scrapper her beloved Dope from the tracklist.

Yeah but again, you don't play album tracks on a promo tour for a different album. I dunno why, it's kind of just an accepted thing.
It's so bad I am so pressed
Yeah L8 CMMR is...pretty underwhelming. A title like that should be a Not Fair-quality bopathon.

Nemesis_

Yeah but again, you don't play album tracks on a promo tour for a different album. I dunno why, it's kind of just an accepted thing.

True.

ANYWAY

jennifer-lopez-aka.jpg

Due out the end of next month

RECORDED SONGS (possibly not a final tracklist)

"Actin' Like That" (produced by RoccSta)
"Big Booty" (featuring Pitbull) (produced by Diplo)
"Emotions"
"First Love" (produced by Max Martin)
"Girls" (produced by DJ Mustard)
"I Luh Ya Papi" (featuring French Montana) (produced by Detail)
"I Wanna Love" (duet with Maxwell)
"Let It Be Me" (produced by Harmony Samuels)
"Love Line" (featuring Robin Thicke and Wiz Khalifa) (produced by Da Internz)
"Never Satisfied"
"No More Games for Love"
"No Worries" (featuring Rick Ross)
"Same Girl" (produced by Amadeus, Charles "Chizzy" Stephens and Ryan "Ryghtous" Tedder)
"Trouble" (featuring Nas)
"We Loved"
"Worry" (produced by Detail)

cory64

RiRi always includes a fan favorite previous album track or two on her tours, in addition to some tracks that flopped so hard they might as well have been album tracks. I guess she just expects that her audience is more hardcore than the LMs.

Nemesis_

I think I like Partynauseous. And I think Roy might too. :3

RiRi always includes a fan favorite previous album track or two on her tours, in addition to some tracks that flopped so hard they might as well have been album tracks. I guess she just expects that her audience is more hardcore than the LMs.

My "wishlist" was always unrealistic.

Dance In The Dark, Monster, So Happy I Could Die, Heavy Metal Lover, Scheisse

My more realistic expectations were Judas, Marry The Night and Edge of Glory >_> I am still so surprised she didn't play any of those three.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

maybe she feels like she can mix it up a bit and create excitement by playing tracks the crowd have never heard before?

Nemesis_

She played Bad Romance and Gypsy tho so she's really only missing Marry The Nightsus.

I think I should have known she was going to pay Judas dust, she pretty much paid it dust with some shitty abridged version on the BTWB that lasted less than two minutes. But she also played a lot more songs if I remember correctly too.

maybe she feels like she can mix it up a bit and create excitement by playing tracks the crowd have never heard before?

image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I got to Air Balloon, skipped to URL Badman to see if the track is worthy of its title (it's not) and now I'm listening to an It's Not Me It's You/Alright, Still megamix

Maybe I'll give it another go later...

[edit] I know she gets a lot of shit but I really like Lily Allen

8AdFhhp.png

Vitanimus

Her honesty is refreshing. She's admitted that some of her tracks don't match her previous efforts in quality, and that Sheezus is basically her way of showing her label that she can still make money so she can create more records.

Vazduh

Everyone's favorite Santeria Priestess™, Becky G, is responsible for the following erm... song (?), which is performed by the, I quote, half-British, half-Latina girlband called Rosso Sisters. Co-written by Max Martin.

YqMFn4NvQf7O2QPk1O3EA0lfBA2siuwp_6j5y-vSCSGkGbi4rGLpEDk5HWe5BfdhA3J3NiozGb6iX3JTQMAGdvV05QU=w426-h240-n

Rosso Sisters - Hola Hola

Click on the link and cringestan.

Nemesis_

I got to Air Balloon, skipped to URL Badman to see if the track is worthy of its title (it's not) and now I'm listening to an It's Not Me It's You/Alright, Still megamix

Maybe I'll give it another go later...

[edit] I know she gets a lot of shit but I really like Lily Allen

8AdFhhp.png

It's really boring. I know she admits it but it is so disappointing after a long hiatus

This. I think she doesn't find the songs on BTW to be very "rave-y." Also, she did pretty much play all but one BTW song on her last tour so she's probably just tired of 'em.

I'm hoping she changes some of the setlist up by the time I see her later in the year... no more Paparazzi please kthx

Nemesis_

We're not allowed to just enjoy things now?

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS

Poopi has to let EVERYBODY know how much he hates Gaga at every mere MENTION of her while peddling that caterpillar that looks like she tripped and stumbled through a Pink Friday pop-up shop

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Partynaesous is good but I can't believe it was once going to be Kendrick's second lead single :ahh:

Hoping it leaks like Glitter & Grease

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Poopi has to let EVERYBODY know how much he hates Gaga at every mere MENTION of her while peddling that caterpillar that looks like she tripped and stumbled through a Pink Friday pop-up shop
And you get your panties caught in a bunch everytime I do so. Keep it coming.

Justin Bieber's Baby on the radio. This is why I can't bother turning on the radio these days.

Touchdown

Banned

Not Poopi and his caterpillar. Sounds like a children's fable.
09954248.gif

Touchdown

Banned
So what are everyone's predicitions on Mariah's 1st week album sales of Me. I Am Mariah… The Elusive Chanteuse?

I'm thinking 140k.
7732f81d.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom