• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Preacher |OT| The Beginning Is Nigh - Sundays 10/9c on AMC

Zoe

The episodes are labeled "bonus edition" which made my DVR pick them up as new episodes. Looks like they also paired up the four episodes to make them into two. No idea what's different content-wise.

The opening fight scene was one of the most entertaining fight scenes I have seen on tv.

That ending was pretty crazy. I'm trying to process it all (i'm a comic reader).

Geist-

Best episode of the season. Fight scene at the beginning was amazingly weird, exactly what I expect from Preacher. Ending was out of left field. I'm actually happy that I have no idea where this is going (also a comic reader).

Not

Banned
I'm right about to drop the show. Just really bored and turned off so far; nothing like the comic. Is this episode worth checking out?

I'm just caught up with last week's episode, and I'll watch tonight's tomorrow, but I'm really loving this show. When Quincannon blew away those four people, I was left with my mouth agape.

Oh, and Ruth Negga, she is so pretty.

tumblr_o9rsys7yQj1vx37tfo5_540.png

tumblr_o9rsys7yQj1vx37tfo7_540.png

tumblr_o9rsys7yQj1vx37tfo3_540.png

HOLY SHIT.

What the fuck, he can literally send people to heaven/hell now? Talk about an upgrade from the comic book. Poor Eugene.

I really enjoyed this episode to be honest, and finally they stopped fucking around and revealed what Jesse's power is and
the whole supernatural angle of the comic books.

jerry113

Banned
HOLY SHIT.

What the fuck, he can literally send people to heaven/hell now? Talk about an upgrade from the comic book. Poor Eugene.

I really enjoyed this episode to be honest, and finally they stopped fucking around and revealed what Jesse's power is and
the whole supernatural angle of the comic books.

Watch Eugene show up back in town a few weeks later after suddenly finding himself in Hell, Michigan.

Am I missing something about the relationship between Tulip and Emily?
I don't understand why Emily let Tulip come into her house a second time after she initially barged in, yelled at her, and threw her kid's sculpture against the wall. Then they sit down and talk as Tulip tries to fix the sculpture, and Tulip offers to run some errands for Emily. Is Emily just being nice to her because she knows she has something to do with Jesse, and has some sort of relationship with him? And is Tulip doing the same for Emily for the same reason? I just thought the whole exchange was super weird.

obin_gam

Am I missing something about the relationship between Tulip and Emily?
I don't understand why Emily let Tulip come into her house a second time after she initially barged in, yelled at her, and threw her kid's sculpture against the wall. Then they sit down and talk as Tulip tries to fix the sculpture, and Tulip offers to run some errands for Emily. Is Emily just being nice to her because she knows she has something to do with Jesse, and has some sort of relationship with him? And is Tulip doing the same for Emily for the same reason? I just thought the whole exchange was super weird.

She's an actual christian? You know, turn the left cheek and all that.

Breads

Banned
It really feels like (comic/ current episode spoilers)
they are building up to something awful happening to the townsfolk. Trying to humanize Emily a bit more (before she exits the story perhaps), Jesse furiously wanting to "save this town", and Eugene disappearing the way he did... it feels like they are setting up an alternative to the "church blows up" scene. Considering how unhinged Odin is getting and the fact that we already know that The Grail, Jesse's family, and Saint of Killers are in play I don't think it's unreasonable to think they are going to be on the run soon.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
First two or three episodes I wasn't really feeling it but these last few have been very entertaining.

hydruxo

Haven't watched last nights ep yet but I've been pretty damn satisfied with the show thus far. I think it's been great.

Zoe

Did I get it right that the mayor put
those shot Greencorps executives from the episode before in a car and burnt it?

Yes, he staged their deaths.

And there's no need to spoiler stuff that has already been shown on TV. Especially with so many comic book spoilers in here, it makes it hard to tell what's a true spoiler.

Moff

that was a pretty decent episode again
the fight against the seraphim was fun, even if it was quite predictable

halfway through I wondered what they are doing with this arseface anyway and what his point is, but I think him telling jesse what he is doing is sinful was really well done and satisfying payoff

She's an actual christian? You know, turn the left cheek and all that.

That's not a good enough reason to put your kid at risk. Tulip was violent.
I think the average person, Christian or not, would've called the cops or at least threatened to call the cops as soon as Tulip came busting in, screaming obscenities, and throwing shit. And after she barged in, she went back to her car and sat there for a while. Wouldn't any mom be just a little bit worried about the whole ordeal?
I don't think it's a matter of, do the Christian thing. What gets me about this scene is that the character's reactions and actions don't seem logical or realistic in the slightest. The show is obviously sci-fi or has some some supernatural elements in it, but I still expect the characters to act realistically.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Is it just me that has a crush on that Emily Woodrow?

EDIT: Actress is a fellow brit too!? x100

Top Bottom