• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Officially Announced - Releasing Nov 7th - Price: $699.99 €$799.99 ¥119,980

2TB is the thing that makes the $699 price easier to swallow. I will have a total of 3TB with my old 1TB M.2 drive which will be fine. I was considering dropping $350 for a 4TB drive :messenger_grimmacing_

Midn1ght

I just thought about the 5090 reveal coming up soon...

dog-vietnam-flashback-staring-off-into-cupcakes-589c4kjr4xf1y3iz.gif

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
That means with the current exchange rate and the average sales tax in the USA, the Pro is $130 more expensive in Europe.

Yea Sony no way.

Apparently, 700$ = 800€, amirite?

Not only that but if this thing costs 800€ in 2024 (which is a marginal upgrade), what prices are we looking to in 2027 when the next gen systems release ? 1000 ?
Honest question btw...

PS: fucking Sony man, pulling an Apple/Samsung move

Last edited:
The no disc drive price is brutal, but the real problem is I'm going to want to get a new TV to replace my one from 2016... It is 4k and was good at the time but I feel no VRR or 60+ FPS any other new tech would be wasteful. Painful.

phant0m

Yeah, the GPU he bought 4 years ago, soon to be 3 generations old, that will still outperform the PS5 Pro. All wthout having to pay Sony a $150 a year toll for online play, or overpriced accessories. Boy you really made him look stupid.
What in the fuck are you talking about? The 3080 Ti came out in 2021 so it’s only 3 years old. “3 generations old”? Of what? This all the same console gen and nvidia has only released 1 series of cards since.

And that GPU was $1200. The rest of his rig is probably at least another $800 so yeah, for $2000 I sure fucking hope it outperforms a PS5.

You could buy a PS5 Pro and spend “$150/yr” (which is the most expensive tier that includes a lot of game but we’ll just glaze over that) for EIGHT YEARS and still not spend as much money.

Rudius

Your logic is ridiculous

The PS4 Pro was “better” than the base PS4

They both launched at the same price.

Your inflation excuse doesn’t make up the difference here, no matter how much you try to justify it.
Between the PS5 and PS5 Pro the world's economy was destroyed by overreaction.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
They fucked us here in the UK, but EU is getting violated beyond comprehension.
Nah, you guys are getting screwed the most since it's €30 more expensive when converting the £699 sticker price to euro.

Sony is out of their minds with the pricing for this though.

Anyway, be right back, just reserved my disc drive attachment. :messenger_grinning_squinting:

cNgFmzS.png

KXVXII9X

I'm sitting here wondering how we went from a PS4 and PS4 Pro releasing both at 400€ to a PS5 releasing for 500€ and a PS5 Pro releasing at 800€...with no disc support or vertical stand lmao
I'm not. Have you seen Sony this generation? This kind of price doesn't even phase me. They have been openly greedy this generation.

Sethbacca

Haven't been able to watch the video yet, but in case anyone knows:

1. Is there an all-black color version?
2. The disc drive attachment - does it attach into the console or on the side?
No
It works the same as the Slim (attaches to the console)

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Yea but it was competing with a better premium console at 499.
This is competing with a non-premium console at 599.

Also I called 2TB months ago for the same reason as I expected price to go +100 over the other 2TB. These companies are getting too predictable.

Fabieter

Apparently, 700$ = 800€, amirite?

Not only that but if this thing costs 800€ in 2024 (which is a marginal upgrade), what prices are we looking to in 2027 when the next gen systems release ? 1000 ?
Honest question btw...

Yea 800 euro is 880 dollar and 699 dollar with 7% sales tax is around 740. It's a rip off for eu and no one in the EU should support this.

Alan Wake

That's a lot. For a upgrade model of a four year old console. Xbox One X was a massive upgrade, but I don't really get that feeling here. PS5 is fine as it is for me. I would've preferred a superslim model instead. Guess I'll stick with my old giant PS5 then.

Kacho

Gold Member

The following games are set for PS5 Pro Enhanced versions:
- Alan Wake 2
- Assassin’s Creed: Shadows
- Demon’s Souls
- Dragon’s Dogma 2
- Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth
- Gran Turismo 7- Hogwarts Legacy
- Horizon Forbidden West
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- The Crew Motorfest
- The First Descendant
- The Last of Us: Part II Remastered

Last edited:

thegame983

You guys don't get it.

Just think about quickly you will be able to buy a premium skin for your favorite GAAS title with these specs.

The console practically pays for itself.

zaga

Glad I bought a PS5 on sale earlier this year.

The PS5 Pro with disc drive is going to cost over twice the price I paid…

Thanks, Concord

Mr.Phoenix

Your logic is ridiculous

They both launched at the same price.

Your inflation excuse doesn’t make up the difference here, no matter how much you try to justify it.
Is it expensive? absolutely.

And while inflation doesn't justify everything, its still a factor.

This is basically the PS5 digital SKU. So $400 in 2020 is $490 in today's money. Lets call it $500. Sony is basically saying a bigger GPU, faster RAM, and 2TB = +$200 more.

Also, add that chip prices are higher now than they were in 2020.

All I will say is this, this is not for everyone. There is a perfectly fine $450 PS5 for people to buy.

PeteBull

Gold Member
That's a lot. For a upgrade model of a four year old console. Xbox One X was a massive upgrade, but I don't really get that feeling here. PS5 is fine as it is for me. I would've preferred a superslim model instead. Guess I'll stick with my old giant PS5 then.
one x was literally 5x faster from ur xbox one, gpu wise, which is +400%, ps5pr0 is only +45% faster, this price is not justified to me considering how lil more we getting this time =/

Ultros

Banned
I'm surprised that it comes with a controller, power cable and hdmi cable. Surprised Sony doesn't want you to buy those additionally as well. And then people are cheering Microsoft's demise in the console space. Hopefully the PS6 is a repeat of the PS3 for Sony

Top Bottom