• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Officially Announced - Releasing Nov 7th - Price: $699.99 €$799.99 ¥119,980

Haint

What in the fuck are you talking about? The 3080 Ti came out in 2021 so it’s only 3 years old. “3 generations old”? Of what? This all the same console gen and nvidia has only released 1 series of cards since.

And that GPU was $1200. The rest of his rig is probably at least another $800 so yeah, for $2000 I sure fucking hope it outperforms a PS5.

You could buy a PS5 Pro and spend “$150/yr” (which is the most expensive tier that includes a lot of game but we’ll just glaze over that) for EIGHT YEARS and still not spend as much money.

Technically correct, but not really. The 3080Ti is a product made from "rejected" 2020 era chips that were too good to be 3080's and too bad to be 3090's, so they sat on them and stock piled them until they hit a "productizable" volume to squeeze out every ounce of profit. And yes as I said, soon to be 3 generation old, the 5000 series are expected to release shortly, certainly within a few months of PS5 Pro.

Last edited:

iQuasarLV

7800XT has the chiplet memory, which I don't think PS5 Pro will have because it would cost a ton to produce...
They are using RDNA 3 technology nodes in the PS5pro which IS chiplet. The infinity cache design is going to be there. AMD has not even announced RDNA 4 for release, so I highly doubt Sony is getting the jump on everyone else by getting exlusive early rights to that tech as it has not even finalized for production yet.

HogIsland

Ok but it also includes monthly games so not an apples to apples comparison

And I don’t really play online at all
there are a lot of ways to get free games as a pc player, and there's no way to get PSN access without the free games, so this is as apples as it gets. there is no option to play ps online where you aren't paying $400+ additional over the life of the console.

With Xbox, you get access to all games on launch day, while PlayStation titles often take 12 to 24 months to release on PC. Many indie games arrive on PC before they do on PlayStation or Xbox, and a lot of them remain PC exclusives—some never even make it to consoles.

Although starting fresh might seem daunting, you’ll be free from the inflated prices of one greedy company. Additionally, it’s likely that Sony is developing a store for PC, meaning your digital purchases could carry over in the future.

I’m not waiting 12-24 months for a game like Astro bot that may or may not come to PC

And I’m not resetting my library to zero just to save $5 per day 1 game on some cdkeys deal

I would rather pay money to developers than to NVIDIA if you want to talk about “greedy” companies

Last edited:

Fabieter

I’m not waiting 12-24 months for a game like Astro bot that may or may not come to PC

And I’m not resetting my library to zero just to save $5 per day 1 game on some cdkeys deal

I would rather pay money to developers than to NVIDIA if you want to talk about “greedy” companies

Bro if you stay on you digital console mean paying like 30 bucks more per game compared to key sites. You are coping.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
They are using RDNA 3 technology nodes in the PS5pro which IS chiplet. The infinity cache design is going to be there. AMD has not even announced RDNA 4 for release, so I highly doubt Sony is getting the jump on everyone else by getting exlusive early rights to that tech as it has not even finalized for production yet.
Really? That would explained the price...

I would recommend buying a PS5 over a PC unless you specifically want to play PC games in the PC game format, and have more money to spend. The PC you can build with $700 is ass, prices have gone up quite a bit over the years.
someone is better off spending a bit more in addition to that $700 though. if someone wants a disk drive they need to spend $80, then you have to pay for online which adds up, also games tend to cost more on console with less options to where you can buy.

Go_Ly_Dow

The price sets a weird precedense cause what will the PS6 launch for? 500? 550?

Nope, grt ready for your 700$/800€ base PS6
That's a fair price for next gen considering the kind of technology and components that will be in the PS6.

But it's a hard sell for a mid-gen refresh and appears very inflated considering the price of the base console.

They should have met halfway here at 599 and then upped it to the 699-799 level for PS6 and I think then you wouldn't get this much backlash.

Not sure why they didn't go for a middleground route.

Last edited:
Yes. Please be excited.

7c6.gif

Last edited:
Bro if you stay on you digital console mean paying like 30 bucks more per game compared to key sites. You are coping.

You are coping if you are paying thousands to NVIDIA to gouge you more so than paying an extra $5-10 (NOT 30) for the developers that actually make the stuff you enjoy playing

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Curious to see how well this does in Japan. They're traditionally huge into PlayStation, but the cost there is equivalent to approximately $850. Also, no disc drive is really going to hurt sales there.

hinch7

799€+119€ and 29€ for the stand, 950€ if you are coming from an old disc PS5. Sony is nuts to ask for this much, you get a banger PC for the same money.

Ryzen 7 5700X3D: 180€
Peerless Assassin: 40€
Asus Prime B450m: 50€
32GB RAM: 60€
Kingston NV2 1TB: 50€
Sapphire RX7800XT: 480€
MSI MAG 650w: 60€
mATX Case: 50€
Win Key: 10€

980€.

The Pro has 2TB storage, this PC has twice as much RAM and a much better CPU.
You'd need a 1st or 2nd gen Ryzen first though to update its bios; to support Zen 3. And another PC to download Windows to USB.

Good price and build though.

Last edited:

Fabieter

You are coping if you are paying thousands to NVIDIA to gouge you more so than paying an extra $5-10 (NOT 30) for the developers that actually make the stuff you enjoy playing

It's 48 on pc and 70 on psn. Iam sorry just 22 euro less. 🤣🤣

diffusionx

Gold Member
someone is better off spending a bit more in addition to that $700 though. if someone wants a disk drive they need to spend $80, then you have to pay for online which adds up, also games tend to cost more on console with less options to where you can buy.
As someone who buys games on both platforms, I don't think the cost of the actual games themselves is that different anymore. Maybe 10 years ago. But Steam sales aren't what they used to be, and there are big sales on Sony's store every week. I really don't think there is a huge difference. When it comes to PC, anyone who has ever built a PC knows the idea of "spending a bit more" is ever present. Like, hey if I spend $50 more here I can get a better XYZ, or $30 here, etc. before you know it you spend $250 more than you planned. Regarding the PS+ thing, yea, it sucks, but yo u can find deals quite regularly, and you do get games every month, even as someone with a huge library, I can usually find 10+ games a year I would have bought but didn't have to, like Tunic recently. Just a handful of those mean the price isn't a big deal.

I don't think you can make the argument for PC on a cost basis anymore, if you ever could. Unless you exclusively play Counterstrike and LOL and just need a potato. If that's the case, you know what to do.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats

The following games are set for PS5 Pro Enhanced versions:
- Alan Wake 2
- Assassin’s Creed: Shadows
- Demon’s Souls
- Dragon’s Dogma 2
- Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth
- Gran Turismo 7- Hogwarts Legacy
- Horizon Forbidden West
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- The Crew Motorfest
- The First Descendant
- The Last of Us: Part II Remastered

Gran Turismo 7- Hogwarts Legacy

I didn't know there was a special Harry Potter themed Gt7!!! :messenger_face_screaming:

unlurkified

I guarantee that if Xbox was putting out an X Pro model they’d charge around $600 and Sony would have to follow suit. We’re already feeling the sting of no competition and it’s only gonna get worse unless MS is miraculously able to turn things around.

You answered your question. I have a 4090. I can't play Final Fantasy Rebirth on the PC. I likely won't be able to play GTA6 on PC when its released due to console timed exclusives. As long as Sony is producing exclusives that aren't on PC day 1, there is a market for this.
I expected the PS5 Pro to be a higher price, but not this high.

£700 is too dear for a console which features a very mid tier GPU.

ProtoByte

Weeb Underling
Why do you talk when you don't know what you're talking about? As of 2022, nearly 80% of games sales were digital.

This number changes from quarter to quarter given the kinds of games that release; SP games tend to have a higher physical percentage. That said, the best you can hope for is a 33-35 ratio for physical as an average in the year. Strong enough to stick around for a long time, but not enough to stop things like the discless PS5 and Pro from happening. Your fault, gamers.

HogIsland

I guarantee that if Xbox was putting out an X Pro model they’d charge around $600 and Sony would have to follow suit. We’re already feeling the sting of no competition and it’s only gonna get worse unless MS is miraculously able to turn things around.
xbox was never going to put out an X pro because they're already struggling to maintain parity with an S-unemployed.

DryvBy

Dude i’m talking from someone who moved to PC being a console player my whole life with very limited technical knowledge. I’m playing more and spending a lot less.
What exactly is cheaper? The hardware? The Steam sales vs Xbox/PSN/Switch sales?

Akuji

It's not just the controller, it's the console overall, even at 60 FPS games normally have 100ms or more, at 30 FPS it goes to over 150ms. But yes, dualsense is better than Xbox' controller latency wise.
sure but the statement made, was directly tied to the peripherals.

DryvBy

Ah yes, the only thing a PC can do is pay taxes and play video games, how could I forget 🤣
I didn't say that and I have proven I'm also a PC gamer, I'm just not making idiotic statements to "PC master race". But it's a stupid debate since people buying a console are focused on gaming and that's what the purpose is.

Curious though. What exactly are you doing on your PC? Take your time to Google what you do so you can come up with a reason you're spending way more money.

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS

There is no “may”, Astro Bot is coming to PC. Console software sales alone are not enough to sustain the ecosystem anymore. They’ve been saying this for years.

Horizon, Spider-Man, God of War and the Last of Us are all on there and the new games follow. Such a faded take lol.

Rudius

Have you seen this?

"An AI-assisted upscaling mode, called PlayStation Spectral Super Resolution, works across the whole game library without any needed patch, adding in details to upscale to 4K. I didn't see this demonstrated, but the feature should help enhance older games if you have a 4K TV. It'll also work on PSVR 2 games in the future, too, Cerny said."

gerth666

I don't see alot of people wanting to pay close to a grand for a disc version. So I think you are save. Except Sony thought this through and they knew people won't buy it like the ps4 pro.
Yeah sounds good to me. It's clearly not aimed for mass market

iQuasarLV

Not saying they're wrong, but Sony would be 100% correct in having a "they'll buy anything we throw at them" mentality. Despite the backlash, this thing will still sell like crazy.
Yes. Sony's view on this matter is that they are in the same zeitgeist as Apple. They have their cult and it will pay whatever they say they will pay.
Apple
Nintendo
Nvidia
Sony

Certinty

Not saying they're wrong, but Sony would be 100% correct in having a "they'll buy anything we throw at them" mentality. Despite the backlash, this thing will still sell like crazy.
Really? I see this as something that’s far more likely to flop than sell like crazy.

Trading in my PS5 for one. I wanna know where I can preorder one. I’m not interested buying one directly from Sony. I want to get one from Best Buy or GameStop

There is no “may”, Astro Bot is coming to PC. Console software sales alone are not enough to sustain the ecosystem anymore. They’ve been saying this for years.

Horizon, Spider-Man, God of War and the Last of Us are all on there and the new games follow. Such a faded take lol.

Until it’s officially announced it’s only a may

And that doesn’t take away from the fact that I’m not going to wait

Top Bottom