• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Officially Announced - Releasing Nov 7th - Price: $699.99 €$799.99 ¥119,980

Yea...getting the venting out of the way so you'll feel better when you get it in November. That's what I'm doing
I said no couple of hours ago... Spoke to my best friend and he's gonna get it. If i sell my PS5 i guess it is not too bad for me... I'll let it sink for a few days.

Last edited:
Will it? PS4 Pro was 14.3 million sold by 2020. That was $399 and included a disc drive vs a €$299 base model. Looking at how expensive this is in Japan, Europe, and the UK I doubt this will even crack 10 million and would probably be way under that.

It was also a response to demand for people who bought 4K TVs and games looked like shit on them. It had a very specific use case, and was not priced significantly higher than the base PS4. Unless there are some huge discounts, I don't see mass market appeal for this thing.

jshIDEf.png

Aenima

Im glad its that expensive. It makes sure i will never be tempted in getting one just for minimal returns. Base PS6 better be reasonable priced though, or building a PC for gaming will be a no brainer with that much money.

Nydius

That's what people with xss thought as well

Apples to Oranges. That launched simultaneously with the XSX. This is an expensive enthusiast model coming out four years later which probably won’t even make up 10% (and that’s being generous) of the total PS5 owning market.

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
hahahaha oh my god that is way too expensive. I hope this flops hard. $699 WITHOUT a disk drive? So (effectively) $800 for a complete system.

Outa their damn minds. No game performance upgrades are gonna be worth that.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I don't think they're that stupid especially with the reaction over this price.

Nintendo is going to come and slap their dick on the table with $299 after this.
No doubt. Companies follow the pricing. Follow the leader.

In Canada , I think switch topped out at $400 CDN. I might be wrong though. Nintendo has always trended to family friendly prices. Would be kind of crazy if Switch 2 breaks $500 CDN.

Last edited:

dem

I mean.. the price is a bit more than expected..

but.. you can just sell your ps5 and pay an upgrade fee.

Seth Meyers Whatever GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

DoomGyver

Not having a disc version has me wondering about their vision for the ps6. A pro console targets enthusiasts.. and enthusiasts also like physical media.. or I’m just a dying breed and am no longer their target audience.

TheAssist

Eh, I probably would have bought it 600€, but 800€ (twice the price of the base model) for what comes down to higher resolution in performance mode and maybe some hardly noticeable raytracing is not worth double the price. But the market will decide whether or not this is a good move or not. For now I guess I stick to my 1080p/60 gaming.

Also this is coming dangerously close to PC pricing. New GPU's might lower the prices for current gen cards over the next few months. Then a 1000€ PC that outperforms the PS5 pro and is ... well, a PC might be very much possible.

But hey, we'll see how it works out. I'm fine either way.

No doubt. Companies follow the pricing. Follow the leader.

In Canada , I think switch topped out at $400 CDN. I might be wrong though. Nintendo has always trended to family friendly prices. Would be kind of crazy if Switch 2 breaks $500 CDN.
It'll be U$499.99 and CAD $549.99. Take it or leave it. I wish it is less but not too hopeful.

That's probably gonna be 800 too, or at least 700. People snapping up PS5 at double MSRP to start the gen told Sony they could have charged more out the gate.
i don't mind 700 or 800 for completely new hardware that should be powerful enough at release date. But definitely not paying double what I paid for the ps5 at release for a mid gen semi upgrade.

it's a stupid price, especially in europe, they will sell as well as concord over here 🤣

Moonjt9

No Silksong? = Delivering the pain.
Not having a disc version has me wondering about their vision for the ps6. A pro console targets enthusiasts.. and enthusiasts also like physical media.. or I’m just a dying breed and am no longer their target audience.
We’re never going to see a console with a disc drive ever again. We will get an add-on at the most.

Honestly I was looking forward to get the Pro day 1, but I rather put my 800€ towards upgrading my beloved 3080 for a 5090.

I would’ve bitten if it was 700€ with disc drive, but it can wait since no exclusive or flagship title will make use of the hardware, so I’ll wait for a deal or a price cut

Last edited:

scydrex

This is either for people with stupid amount of money or stupid people with money
Upscaled PS4 games For 800 euros get fucked sony
How many times will u sell us last of us with slightly better graphics for new consoles.
They said the intention is PS5 quality mode 30fps to run at 60fps on Pro.

Last edited:

ProtoByte

Weeb Underling
We saw the physical ratios of alot of games in the insomniac leak it was way higher.
Was it? From what I can see, the Insom leak made it clear that the ratio was way higher for Sony first parties, most of which are single player and a lot of which stem from the PS4 era.

Again, that's for SP games, and 1st party SPs at that. All available data indicates that the average EA or Ubisoft SP title doesn't even get those 50%+ ratios. Overall, the market leans majority digital, and it's not close. This is not something I celebrate, but it's unfortunately true.

The 799 would be "okay" with the disc and the stand.

They can do whatever but this console pricing show current Sonys true colours.
They're a business and always have been. Microsoft is out here selling the floundering Series X at 600 bucks for 2TB of storage. I'm not saying that to deflect, it's to illustrate reality. Yeah, Sony's probably making a good margin on this, but that's the only reason they'd bother developing a Pro in the first place.

near

Gold Member
Where do i pre order
"PS5 Pro will launch on November 7, 2024 and will be available at participating retailers and directly from PlayStation at direct.playstation.com. Preorders will begin on September 26, 2024."

I'll probably opt to get it directly from Sony.

HogIsland

Honestly I was looking forward to get the Pro day 1, but I rather put my 800€ towards upgrading my beloved 3080 for a 5090.

I would’ve bitten if it was 700€ with disc drive, but it can wait since no exclusive or flagship title will make use of the hardware, so I’ll wait for a deal or a price cut
A 3080 is no slouch bro. You'll be well ahead of the PS5 Pro without upgrading.

I honestly don't know what people expected because we have debated about this ps5 pro thing for years on neogaf.

If you want 4k/60 fps it was always going to happen at a higher price. Even if you buy a PC, you will still spend well over $700 to get the same specs.

At the end of the day, I am picking this up next year with GTA 6 so hopefully its cheaper by then ... lol

£700 and not even getting a disc drive is absolute filth. If they want this to move off shelves they better be delivering a showcase pretty soon

This thing will sell out in seconds, don't let the fake outrage fool you.

Scalpers will be the main ones buying it but they will sit on the inventory.

It will be cheaper and more beautiful game. You also have to wait for games to come to console. You never get those because you have to wait?

I’m not paying for a master race pc so it won’t be more beautiful

I have no issue paying more for people making games instead of NVIDIA

And uhh, what games do I need to wait on other than Xbox? I own a series x for that but honestly they do not make enough first party titles to care about that much

Last edited:
Shows u how Sony can rip customers off off their dicks if their is no competition
Fucking Microsoft with it's brain dead decisions and stupid policies is why we are at this point where Sony can ask for anything from their customers

DaGwaphics

They didn't have that much marketing for it outside of saying that you can "almost" run the fidelity modes at 60fps. It'll be interesting to see if the visual difference on offer here is enough to get buyers to spend the extra $250. The bump to 2TB is a nice feature, however.

Will it? PS4 Pro was 14.3 million sold by 2020. That was $399 and included a disc drive vs a €$299 base model. Looking at how expensive this is in Japan, Europe, and the UK I doubt this will even crack 10 million and would probably be way under that.
Really? I see this as something that’s far more likely to flop than sell like crazy.

Between being a status symbol for the wealthy and being a frivolous purchase for those with little disposable income, it'll sell like crazy. The former aren't concerned with price, and the latter, a lot of people have given up on saving for things like owning a home, so they spend their money on what will make them happy now.

Online discourse rarely dictates real life outcome, and the economy, along with people's mindsets, are much different now than when the PS4 Pro launched.

A 3080 is no slouch bro. You'll be well ahead of the PS5 Pro without upgrading.
I know, thankfully I can afford the upgrade. I got the 3080 since launch day and it has been the best GPU I have ever had, however I expect Nvidia to throw some AI hw into the new cards and that would make a difference.

Top Bottom