• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Officially Announced - Releasing Nov 7th - Price: $699.99 €$799.99 ¥119,980

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
What pc is this? something of this price, performance and size dose exist on pc and never will lol, u must be living in some alternate universe

Based on delishcaek delishcaek list

I tweaked a few items to have a pretty nice micro-atx case that is well received in the community.

Even cheaper with Intel 12400F which is plenty sufficient for gaming

7800 XT is probably too good comparatively.

This number changes from quarter to quarter given the kinds of games that release; SP games tend to have a higher physical percentage. That said, the best you can hope for is a 33-35 ratio for physical as an average in the year. Strong enough to stick around for a long time, but not enough to stop things like the discless PS5 and Pro from happening. Your fault, gamers.
That's fine really. The better argument Fabieter Fabieter could have made is that there's a large overlap between those who buy physical media and the target market for this device. That would have been a fair argument but, what we're seeing is people upset at the sticker shock for a product they don't have to buy. The price is laughable but that's european vat and pretty much par for the course for eu electronics in general....

Based on delishcaek delishcaek list

I tweaked a few items to have a pretty nice micro-atx case that is well received in the community.

Even cheaper with Intel 12400F which is plenty sufficient for gaming

7800 XT is probably too good comparatively.
But the price isn't 918, it's 800. Still, it's a better value to buy the pc at 918 than the ps5 pro at 800. However, the best value would be to stick with the ps5 you already have....

Last edited:

Zathalus

Not saying they're wrong, but Sony would be 100% correct in having a "they'll buy anything we throw at them" mentality. Despite the backlash, this thing will still sell like crazy.
Will it? PS4 Pro was 14.3 million sold by 2020. That was $399 and included a disc drive vs a €$299 base model. Looking at how expensive this is in Japan, Europe, and the UK I doubt this will even crack 10 million and would probably be way under that.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Just catching up on news so I’ll read all this shit when I get home.

Rip off price, although it is 2tb SSD and not 1. So whatever value that is to a gamer.

Aside from price, how are the tech specs???? We’re they pretty much spot on with the leaks and rumours?

killatopak

Gold Member
QGiPo8E.jpeg

iQuasarLV

Trading in my PS5 for one. I wanna know where I can preorder one. I’m not interested buying one directly from Sony. I want to get one from Best Buy or GameStop
Dude. Gamestop. Bestbuy. Brick and Mortar is so 2000.

Gotta get with the times just like the defunct disk drive, and accept you are going to have to embrace the Ticketmaster model. Grab your ticket # email with a time to log into Sony.com, pay their prices with hidden fees.

If you are lucky they may offer a trade-in at pennies on the dollar to upgrade like cell phones.

Zathalus

Just catching up on news so I’ll read all this shit when I get home.

Rip off price, although it is 2tb SSD and not 1. So whatever value that is to a gamer.

Aside from price, how are the tech specs???? We’re they pretty much spot on with the leaks and rumours?
Basically yes. It’s a 7700XT with some better ray tracing and better ML.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
But the price isn't 918, it's 800. Still, it's a better value to buy the pc at 918 than the ps5 pro at 800. However, the best value would be to stick with the ps5 you already have....

Realistically, its 800€ only if you went digital only with your PS5. Otherwise you buy a drive at a minimum.

Last edited:

Jinzo Prime

Curious though. What exactly are you doing on your PC? Take your time to Google what you do so you can come up with a reason you're spending way more money.
I'll do you one better and ask AI:

Based on the provided search results, here are some advanced things you can do with a computer:

Creative Applications

Edit or create complex multimedia content, such as videos, spreadsheets, and presentations
Use software like Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator for advanced image editing and graphic design
Utilize 3D printing technology to create objects from various materials, including food

Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning

Access AI-powered tools, such as ThisPersonDoesNotExist.com, to generate unique and realistic images
Train AI models on large datasets to perform tasks like image recognition or natural language processing

Productivity and Automation

Use computer programming languages to automate repetitive tasks and simplify labor
Monitor and control home devices remotely using file-syncing programs like Dropbox
Utilize email services like Gmail to track phone location or monitor computer activity

Data Analysis and Visualization

Crunch large datasets to gain insights and understand complex phenomena
Create interactive visualizations to communicate findings and tell stories

Gaming and Simulation

Play high-performance games on powerful computers with advanced graphics and physics
Use computer simulations to model complex systems, such as weather patterns or financial markets

Security and Hacking

Learn basic computer security principles to protect against cyber threats
Understand how to use encryption and secure passwords to safeguard data
* Familiarize yourself with ethical hacking techniques to identify vulnerabilities and improve system security

These examples illustrate the vast range of advanced capabilities available on modern computers. From creative applications to artificial intelligence, productivity, data analysis, gaming, and security, computers have become powerful tools for individuals and professionals alike.

I could just run this locally on my PC but I didn't want to get off my phone 🤣

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
What exactly is cheaper? The hardware? The Steam sales vs Xbox/PSN/Switch sales?
You have many different options for buying games on PC. There are tons of digital stores and key sellers so you can always find a great deal or something unique. Plus, places like Epic give away free games every week, so you can build your library without spending a dime.

God, we need an industry crash. Fucking RIDICULOUS price.

EDIT: I just started a new job which means I can afford dumb shit for the first time in my life, but I genuinely don't see the point in this machine. PS5 has like... 4 or 5 exclusives, and only a couple of them interest me. That's why I got the base machine. I would much rather spend a few hundred extra on a PC that'll last a decade at the least, than this thing which will have a 3 , maybe 4 year shelf-life.

Last edited:

j0hnnix

I'm going to need to see more.. for first time I'm not overly excited to jump on this mid cycle. Waiting until November gives time to think and finish up stellar blade which is on disc.. no other games outside the ones that I have already completed have the upgrade.

Id like to see other games that just release to see how they look and what improvement is made with the switch.

Last edited:

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Honestly, this depends on how you look at it. If you are just doing a TFLOPs vs TFLOPs things or x times faster rendering thing, then yh, it doesn't add up. But when you throw in better tech like PSSR and 2-3x faster RT rendering, it starts painting a very different picture. Ooh... and 2TB. My 1Tb WD Black SSd expansion for my PS5 slim cost me almost $80 for instance.

Anyways, pricing and value... is just such a subjective thing.

Hehehe... you will be shocked. I'll remind GAF that we all thought (and the media at large) that PS Portal would bomb. I see this as being one of those moments that GAF and the media would be so far removed from what actually ends up happening.

If Sony can sell two PS5pros for every 8 PS5s they sell, they will be very very very happy. And I think you underestimate how many people are going to trade in the PS5 to get the PS5 Pro.
I agree with you in essence. Yes the increase in value is there. But the price is too high for me. If it were a hundred dollars less I would totally buy it. But as is, I'm not gonna do it. It's too expensive.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Realistically, its 800€ only if you went digital only with your PS5. Otherwise you buy a drive at a minimum.
Fair but in your list you have no drive either and only a 1 TB SSD of comparable speed. GPU wise chances are PS5 Pro may be better at RT and upscaling too (allowing native res to fall lower).

DryvBy

You have many different options for buying games on PC. There are tons of digital stores and key sellers so you can always find a great deal or something unique. Plus, places like Epic give away free games every week, so you can build your library without spending a dime.
You do on PS too. I recently bought Madden 24 for $8. Can you beat that price on PC, anywhere?

Last edited:

Jimmy_liv

Welcome to a world without any meaningful competition allowing Sony to charge what they want.
And another thought, fs PS6 is announced in two years time - is £699/$699 just the standard price now?

No currency conversions for us Brits either and so we are effectively being gouged for another £50.

Last edited:

Fabieter

This number changes from quarter to quarter given the kinds of games that release; SP games tend to have a higher physical percentage. That said, the best you can hope for is a 33-35 ratio for physical as an average in the year. Strong enough to stick around for a long time, but not enough to stop things like the discless PS5 and Pro from happening. Your fault, gamers.

We saw the physical ratios of alot of games in the insomniac leak it was way higher. The 799 would be "okay" with the disc and the stand.

They can do whatever but this console pricing show current Sonys true colours.

gerth666

I don’t really play online games that often so it’s not a cost to me

I thought you all hated GaaS?

How is Pro comparable when it’s still hundreds cheaper than a similarly spec’d pc?
Mate why are you getting into these arguments with these fuckers? There's no point. They are not and never had any intention of buying a pro. Just ignore them.
All that matters is that you are going to buy it because you see lots of value in it

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Fair but in your list you have no drive either and only a 1 TB SSD of comparable speed. GPU wise chances are PS5 Pro may be better at RT and upscaling too (allowing native res to fall lower).

Cmon pana,

who the fuck buys a drive on PC? Is this the early 2000's?

You bought physical discs on PS5, you need a drive for PS5 pro.

You start a library on PC? Its digital only

Tit for tat bullet list makes no sense when the stores are wildly different. You couldn't even go physical on PC if you wanted to.

Want 2TB? Add 55€

No chances the PS5 GPU will be better than 7800 XT, especially not when it'll be gimped by keeping the same CPU as the original.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
$700 US is $950 CDN.

Similar to games and hardware conversions they typically skew down a touch to give us a break. So the CDN price (did they announce it yet???) will probably be $900. Add tax and you break $1,000!!!!!!

Sojiro

Holy shit, $700 consoles (basically 800 to have the disc drive). I did not think they would price it at this much, God damn. What a world we live in.

Brucey

I guarantee that if Xbox was putting out an X Pro model they’d charge around $600 and Sony would have to follow suit. We’re already feeling the sting of no competition and it’s only gonna get worse unless MS is miraculously able to turn things around.
Xbox launched a 2tb series x with disk drive for $599. That's their best effort against the PS5 Pro and potentially their last console ever.

Rodolink

ridiculous, i mostly play on console because can't afford a dedicated PC for gaming, now exclusives are on PC and for that price i guess i can get one that does the same and more, or am i wrong?
guess I'll play on my now opd PS5 line i did for original PS4 until the fans were so loud it was unbearable xD

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
not that i love high prices but video games seem one of the few places that people expect the same price forever
To be fair some prices have barely changed in 20 years. Bananas in Canada have been 59-69cents/lb for as long as I can remember.

Some things go up, some things don’t really change.

Top Bottom