• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Officially Announced - Releasing Nov 7th - Price: $699.99 €$799.99 ¥119,980

Looking at the comparison between the games running on PS5 and the pro in the announcement video....

theyre-the-same-picture-the-office.gif

dottme

But my issue with the presentation, they spent way too much time on showing game that run on PS4.
For a PS5 pro which is for enthusiasts, PS4 port to show off your power is dumb.
I assume that the PS5 pro can run a PS4 game better, but that’s not why I might want to buy it.

Sorcerer

Almost justifiable if you waited this long to pick up a PS5. Games you never played will be that much better and it already has quite a library to choose from. Not so much if you already own one. Just make sure you don't bother with a base PS6 if you waited this long.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Obviously it would be nice if it was cheaper (the same can be said for anything) but personally I'm willing to pay it. After my phone, my PS5 is the device I use use most regularly, so when the cost is amortised over the time played, it's justifiable for me.

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
Price is actually realistic . This is the price for the raw power of the GPU alone (approx rtx 4070 super) but this time you have also Sony super sampling and they’re the best non pc brand at that so it is what it is
Aren't they the only "non PC brand" at the moment?

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
No you don’t, you get less as it’s more expensive on a perf/cost basis
Gotta pay for that online too. $80/year over 3 years is already $240. This alone erases the extra cost of the PC.

The fact that we're even debating this is ridiculous. New consoles typically have a much much better value proposition than PCs. Pro seems to be comparable, if not worse. That's awful.

Hudo

I think they're really counting on GTA VI. If the hype is off the charts, it very well could help Sony sell boatloads of these even at that wild price.
But isn't this kinda pathetic that they would need to rely on a third-party game that much? I find that a rather wonky strategy, tbh.

Astray

This price was obvious the moment Xbox released a $600 2TB Series X variant. They wouldn't have felt safe to do so if PS5 Pro was gonna match it in price.

Also watch this go out of stock as soon as the stock is made available. People don't realize how much money is still sloshing around in the console market.

But my issue with the presentation, they spent way too much time on showing game that run on PS4.
For a PS5 pro which is for enthusiasts, PS4 port to show off your power is dumb.
I assume that the PS5 pro can run a PS4 game better, but that’s not why I might want to buy it.
Exactly gt7 is on PS4 runs at 60 fps
PS5 runs it at 4k 60 fps
Ur only selling point is some effects and raytracing for 800 euros ?
Also ratchet and clank is like 4 years old now
Why not actually show games that want the pro model
Like final fantasy dd2 etc

Mr.Phoenix

This is a nonissue. We will see more about the games in time. Besides, every game is mandated to support the PS5pro after a certain date. We were only shown games that were already released... in case you didn't notice. I expect every dev now showing their game on the PS5 will be showing the PS5pro version of the game.

Sw0pDiller

Need some more comparison video’s die this price too stick in my head. Will sell my fat for 400. And then buy a 2tb pro version for 400 extra. A comparible pc costs easy 1300 euro. And that wont play my ps librairy

Buggy Loop

Gold Member

His build smokes PS5 pro. He could downgrade it further to save money I'm not even kidding. A 12400F CPU would still be stronger.

A no monthly fee to pay online. That adds up.

Gotta pay for that online too. $80/year over 3 years is already $240. This alone erases the extra cost of the PC.

The fact that we're even debating this is ridiculous. New consoles typically have a much much better value proposition than PCs. Pro seems to be comparable, if not worse. That's awful.

Yup.

NEVER in the history of Consoles has the price proposition for performance been as worse as PS5 pro. PS4 was already shaky, its getting worse.

Last edited:

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
probably will get it later next year. I'm happy with my current setup so not in a hurry to upgrade. how big is the the default storage?

See? Another feature

Fabieter

No you don't. You have way more games. Still play playstation games in a reasonable time frame. Mods. Don't have to pay for online.

It's 920 euro
+80 euro for plus every years let's say until 2028(end of generation)

That would put your budget to 1240 euro and that's before cheaper game prices.

Iam no PC master race. I like PC and consoles but this is nuts. Why are people defending it? Like wtf.

DryvBy

If this doesn’t convince people to move to PC I don’t know what will. PC became so easy to use even me with no technical knowledge can simply click and play.
To match this, PC is pretty much double the cost. PC prices are more ridiculous without any possibility of physical media.

Don't try to link to some moron build on YouTube either because I'm not unfamiliar with PC gaming. Here's proof:

Akuji

Mouse/KB are hella cheap if you don't go for known brands, definitely cheaper than even the vertical stand for PS5, and obviously you get way more accuracy, and way less input latency
all fine to say opinions / alternatives. but playstations controllers were always extremly good when it comes to latency.

iAmAtomic

Neo Member
Seriously, what are they thinking with that price? Sony themselves said that 3/4 of players prefer the performance mode, which usually doesn’t include ray tracing. Instead of increasing the power and offering PSSR as an additional feature, they just had to include ray tracing. For me, the console is off the table. I'm not paying 900€ for such a small upgrade.

Fabieter

It was a joke but with this announcement you never know.

No you do not. Please stop this nonsense. You're not getting an equivalent pc for $699. The price is too expensive but this noise has got to stop.

For most console people i know console gaming means physical gaming. That means its 920 euro plus 80 euro for ps plus. Which puts it above 1200 euro. You can totally get a conparebale rig for that kinda money.

Senua

No you don't. You have way more games. Still play playstation games in a reasonable time frame. Mods. Don't have to pay for online.

It's 920 euro
+80 euro for plus every years let's say until 2028(end of generation)

That would put your budget to 1240 euro and that's before cheaper game prices.

Iam no PC master race. I like PC and consoles but this is nuts. Why are people defending it? Like wtf.
Fanboyism is a hell of a drug

Top Bottom