• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Officially Announced - Releasing Nov 7th - Price: $699.99 €$799.99 ¥119,980

tommib

Gotta pay for that online too. $80/year over 3 years is already $240. This alone erases the extra cost of the PC.

The fact that we're even debating this is ridiculous. New consoles typically have a much much better value proposition than PCs. Pro seems to be comparable, if not worse. That's awful.
Anything to not touch Windows.

havoc00

man-laughing-meme-wwe.gif

Trippy

It just seems these newer generations and mid term refreshes are diminishing returns when flaunting graphical enhancements.

It’s odd that we’re at a stage where the selling point of £700 upgrade is if you pause the game put your eye close to the TV, some objects in the distance look a little bit sharper.

Last edited:

Fabieter

I’m not paying for a master race pc so it won’t be more beautiful

I have no issue paying more for people making games instead of NVIDIA

And uhh, what games do I need to wait on other than Xbox? I own a series x for that but honestly they do not make enough first party titles to care about that much

You have no problem paying more for the lesser version okay. I like to support devs as well but iam also not stupid enough to pay any price. Be it way overpriced hardware or way overpriced digital games. Its fine with physical tto an extent but sonys is fucking those fans over.

You have no problem paying more for the lesser version okay. I like to support devs as well but iam also not stupid enough to pay any price. Be it way overpriced hardware or way overpriced digital games. Its fine with physical tto an extent but sonys is fucking those fans over.

It’s not a lesser version, for $700 it will run better on ps5 than whatever equivalent money $700 could buy on PC

I’m not paying $1500 for a PC

Quantum253

Gold Member
I said no couple of hours ago... Spoke to my best friend and he's gonna get it. If i sell my PS5 i guess it is not too bad for me... I'll let it sink for a few days.
I'm waiting for the ps5 trade in offers to come about to see what it will come down to. I imagine at this point, you'll have to buy the disc drive so that'll be an extra cost....and the stand

It's expensive and I really don't know if the regular ps5 needs an upgrade but I said the same about the ps4 pro which turned out to be amazing besides the noise.

External hard drive ordered today before they sell out.

Regional pricing:

$ 699.99
£ $699.99
€ $799.99
¥ 119,980

- Digital only. Will need to purchase disc-drive separately ($80)
- Vertical stand sold separately
- 2TB SSD
- Pre orders begin September 26th

Spec upgrades:

Official spec sheet:

image.png

More details here:

sAfA1RE.png
I’m not paying $800 for a console.

Bond007

I do find it rather ironic this is a "Pro" console but does not include everything.
As a pro i expect to pay top dollar for ya know- a disc drive lol

Fabieter

It’s not a lesser version, for $700 it will run better on ps5 than whatever equivalent money $700 could buy on PC

I’m not paying $1500 for a PC

So you stay at a digital only console? And dont have plus either i suppose. We already saw in this thread that you get a better pc for a similar price in europe.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I am very curious how their ML upscaling will compare to Nvidia.

Was Ghost of Sushi mentioned in their video? It has great implementation of DLSS on PC. Should be a good comparison.

Nydius

I mean.. the price is a bit more than expected..

but.. you can just sell your ps5 and pay an upgrade fee.

I have a pre-Slim PS5. Looking at my local
Facebook marketplace (because fuck reseller sites like eBay who take 10%+), the best I could hope to get is around $400, and that’s with my console in great shape with the original box.

To “upgrade” to the pro, I’d have to buy the modular drive and the vertical stand, so $810 before tax. Assuming I found someone to buy my PS5 for $400, I’d still need to spend another $400+.

That’s one hell of an “upgrade fee”.

saintjules

Gold Member
Gaming evolved. Its for adults only now. No parent will ever spend a thousand bucks for a console

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

I have made Xbox my 3rd party machine for most of this gen so far. But if I now have my PS5 Pro playing 3rd party games better than Xbox, I only need to go to the Series X for Gamepass. AKA games I don't feel like spending money on subscription.

Still, the beauty of having it all is great.

Last edited:

Fabieter

Their gpu has none of the new AI or RT features

The cpu is not a bottle neck on consoles

Based on those you could add an 4070 be 130 euro more expensive than the first example and still be cheaper than the ps5 pro plus 4 years of plus. It's mean better experience for less money which is pretty fucking insane.

Based on @delishcaek list

I tweaked a few items to have a pretty nice micro-atx case that is well received in the community.

Even cheaper with Intel 12400F which is plenty sufficient for gaming

7800 XT is probably too good comparatively.

Top Bottom