• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Officially Announced - Releasing Nov 7th - Price: $699.99 €$799.99 ¥119,980

Pejo

I'm late catching this news but I had to laugh that they don't even give you the vertical stand (a hunk of plastic) for $700. Can't wait to see the videos comparing the PS5 Pro with various "similar" PC builds.

Absolutely will not be upgrading my PS5, lmao.

bundylove

All fine and well to release a Pro console but we don't even have games out right now that is really taxing the current gen consoles?

What's even more disappointing is that the reveal doesn't showcase anything running on Pro or showing the differences in quality between PS5 and the Pro version ie. giving a potential customer a reason to set aside some moolah for one.

Its just baffling how bad PS can be so fucking bad at getting their message across?
What a big fuck you in our faces . I am still wiping that cock smell of me since this morning.

Its insulting to show a solid 3 minutes of ps5 pro footage and then present date and price.

No. They should have just release the price and date at tgs or what ever with a real presentation.

But this? I bet a lot of people wouldnt care for 700 bucks if they would have shown at least one upcoming ps5 title in ps5 pro mode.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
dead wink martindale GIF
And as reference. PS5 disc and XSX launch were $600. Add tax and it comes to $678. PS5 Pro with add on disc which will be $1,200 or so total is close to double the price.

At $678 all in for PS5 OG/XSX it’s even lower than the $700 US price without disc drive and currency exchange.

Crazy.

Last edited:

Humdinger

Well, I'm getting one. It's a lot but I can afford it, wth. I like the 45% upgrade.

Not sure whether I'll get a disc drive. (edit: I might not)

So that's around $800. Maybe $700 and keeping my PS5 to play discs.

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
It's over, period. Sony lost their last ace, and that's the end of their PS5 Pro hopes and dreams.

It's not hyperbole, it's not fanboy drivel. It is LITERALLY it for PS5 Pro. Sony has nothing left, nothing they can reveal at TGS 2024 would fix the hole now created. There is no reason left for any one, hardcore or casual, to substantively invest in a PS5 Pro. Except if they want to play FF7 Rebirth in performance mode at almost stable 60fps. Which will also come to PC at some point.

The age of Sony is done.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It's over, period. Sony lost their last ace, and that's the end of their PS5 Pro hopes and dreams.

It's not hyperbole, it's not fanboy drivel. It is LITERALLY it for PS5 Pro. Sony has nothing left, nothing they can reveal at TGS 2024 would fix the hole now created. There is no reason left for any one, hardcore or casual, to substantively invest in a PS5 Pro. Except if they want to play FF7 Rebirth in performance mode at almost stable 60fps. Which will also come to PC at some point.

The age of Sony is done.
PS4 launch $400. PS4 Pro launch $400.

Both had a disc drive.

Lng0004

I'm someone who doesn't really care about pricing. I don't even game that much anymore, and still got my PS5 day one (and have prob clocked in less than 200 hours). I just want to collect them all lol.

That being said, this is a sad deal. I don't know if I actually want it, especially if I need to purchase an ugly external drive :/ $700 with built-in drive would've been an ok price.

Last edited:

jm89

The age of Sony is done.
A Amir0x would be proud from his jail cell

tmlDan

The age of Sony is done.
Sad Joe Biden GIF by GIPHY News

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
All the doom and gloom are from folks that do not want to (or cannot) spend the money on the product. They want it to be cheaper so they can fit it into their budgets or because we are an "outrage" culture at this point.

The amount of money I spend on tech to enjoy my free time is, self admittedly, bat shit insane, ludicrous, and self destructive.
I also have no kids, no significant other, and I work 15 hours a day.

Last edited:
What a big fuck you in our faces . I am still wiping that cock smell of me since this morning.

Its insulting to show a solid 3 minutes of ps5 pro footage and then present date and price.

No. They should have just release the price and date at tgs or what ever with a real presentation.

But this? I bet a lot of people wouldnt care for 700 bucks if they would have shown at least one upcoming ps5 title in ps5 pro mode.

Honestly some heads at Sony need to roll and I'm not even joking. They completely fumbled this product reveal.

They can't even bundle in a plastic stand for $700?

Pedro Motta

Have you seen this?

"An AI-assisted upscaling mode, called PlayStation Spectral Super Resolution, works across the whole game library without any needed patch, adding in details to upscale to 4K. I didn't see this demonstrated, but the feature should help enhance older games if you have a 4K TV. It'll also work on PSVR 2 games in the future, too, Cerny said."
This is awesome info, and changes a lot of things. I know I'm not going to regret buying this.

LiquidRex

Absolutely disgusting, £700 is not justified for a toggle increase in fidelity and FPS. Astro Bot was a glimmer of hope but that's all been stamped out now with this travesty, I'm sure Cerny himself wouldn't have agreed with this price point. Let PlayStation burn itself out. I'm done.

A showcase to better E3 2015 wouldn't be enough to save this mess.

CLW

million dollar man cash GIF

Some questionable decisions to say the least

No disc drive

Price point

Anyone know the ssd size?

1st time gaming oc might provide more bang for the buck

clarky

Gold Member
I was looking at PS specific stories. Everything seems to be in this range

Your source also looks in the mean range of 60-40 split also no?

ILZDSDJ.jpeg

Im on my phone and cant reply correctly just now but ill come back in the morning if this doesn't suffice and nobody else steps in

Last edited:

bundylove

Absolutely disgusting, £700 is not justified for a toggle increase in fidelity and FPS. Astro Bot was a glimmer of hope but that's all been stamped out now with this travesty, I'm sure Cerny himself wouldn't have agreed with this price point. Let PlayStation burn itself out. I'm done.

A showcase to better E3 2015 wouldn't be enough to save this mess.
Af the very least they should have done a full on reveal with games and deep dive etc .
Give us a flashy show at that price point.

I bet even cerny was AI generated as he must be ashamed of this bullshit.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Imagine making a pro version of your console. Like the iPhone pro and then have your fanbase have to buy a disk drive and even the fucking stand extra.

The more time passing today the more pissed off I am at this whole thing. What a joke of a console, the prospect at this price and missing key parts is downright embarassing.

I'm actually taking the stance of, you don't have a clue about tech or money if you buy this thing.

Get a pc, never look back.

That's because they can't give the examples you're asking for.

They're just checking off a box with this Pro release. Doing it because they've committed to make Pros mid gen.

Did they need to hold off on the reveal then? You need to give a reason for people to get excited about a Pro console and showing off the visual differences would be the absolute minimum for a premium product especially one at an unheard of $700 in this industry.

Plastic stand being sold separately is another thing. As if you needed another reason to piss off the consumer you can't even bundle in a piece of plastic for your top of the line console. Some people will look at that as PS trying to fleece the consumer.
Its like buying an Mercedes Benz S-Class AMG and having to pay extra for heated leather seats. Like WTF

I don't get it. Put some effort into your presentations. Give people a reason to want a Pro console. The way they went about revealing this thing is not doing that and I won't be surprised if the amount of negative media articles on this is going to increase over time.

I said in a previous post, there's something seriously wrong with the current PS leadership.

Fabieter

I still think that is one of the better products that NVIDIA offers. I use it when I am traveling and cannot travel with more advanced hardware outside of my phone or tablet!

My TV offers direct access to the geforce now. I could put all the money i save from not buying the pro to sub to geforce now for four years.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

sainraja

Sony's current pricing strategy:

628ypn8b94nb1.jpg
They are probably not targeting kids with the Pro console. We can debate if that is a good or bad thing all day long but the price is likely staying; also, I don't think many kids are posting here... are they? Adults/grown-ups seem to be complaining here about the price.

If you want the latest/greatest, you have to pay. If you don't, then you don't pay.
If you want to pay less, you wait.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
At least Phil Spencer must take the opportunity and make more xbox units cause it's going to sell even more than he expected. Cause let's be real, the pro looks even more stupid than series s, am I wrong here? which puts xbox at advantage, with it's upcoming games.
Honestly its just showing that a expensive multistore PC / Xbox thing is going to be perfectly positioned. The alternative will be locked to Sony only and also still expensive.

Reactions: SHA

marquimvfs

Will happily eat crow if a pro ever get an official announcement. But I seriously doubt a PS5 pro will ever exist.

Well, it's not like that I won't enjoy the existence of it, or like I'm wanting for it to not exist. I just don't believe any of the rumours and I think that the mere reference of it is just a hunt for clicks.
Now, lemme enjoy my meal

images

Last edited:
Imagine making a pro version of your console. Like the iPhone pro and then have your fanbase have to buy a disk drive and even the fucking stand extra.

The more time passing today the more pissed off I am at this whole thing. What a joke of a console, the prospect at this price and missing key parts is downright embarassing.

I'm actually taking the stance of, you don't have a clue about tech or money if you buy this thing.

Get a pc, never look back.

Complains about a lack of a disc drive then suggests a platform that is digital only.

Top Bottom