• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Officially Announced - Releasing Nov 7th - Price: $699.99 €$799.99 ¥119,980

King Dazzar

You don’t need to get rogered by Nvidia if you buy something less new. And you’ll still have a PC that will play modern games at a decent fidelity and frame rate. The PS5 Pro has zero point at this price.
We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. And I was equally considering a PC for a while. But hey good luck to you. Like I say I think either path isnt great.

StereoVsn

Not really.

Its only targeting like the 10% crowd (if that) so most likely most people have already made up their minds

Maybe a few may be swayed when they see something like Ghost of Tsushima 2
Yeah, that and FFVII 3 are about the only games that would sway me.

Or if GTAVI was more like GTAIV or Vice City (no chance).

But might as well wait till PS6 at that point as I have many more games to play than time on my PC.

StereoVsn

Ok, that made me laugh. 🤣

thats-damn-good-thats-good.gif

Inanilmaz

It's over, period. Sony lost their last ace, and that's the end of their PS5 Pro hopes and dreams.

It's not hyperbole, it's not fanboy drivel. It is LITERALLY it for PS5 Pro. Sony has nothing left, nothing they can reveal at TGS 2024 would fix the hole now created. There is no reason left for any one, hardcore or casual, to substantively invest in a PS5 Pro. Except if they want to play FF7 Rebirth in performance mode at almost stable 60fps. Which will also come to PC at some point.

The age of Sony is done.
Sony is DOOMED?

Pedro Motta

It's over, period. Sony lost their last ace, and that's the end of their PS5 Pro hopes and dreams.

It's not hyperbole, it's not fanboy drivel. It is LITERALLY it for PS5 Pro. Sony has nothing left, nothing they can reveal at TGS 2024 would fix the hole now created. There is no reason left for any one, hardcore or casual, to substantively invest in a PS5 Pro. Except if they want to play FF7 Rebirth in performance mode at almost stable 60fps. Which will also come to PC at some point.

The age of Sony is done.
Cracking Up Lol GIF

People get it in their heads that you have to have the latest GPU, CPU to be a contender.

I absolutely guarantee you could get an entire rig together for under that price.
Not only that but you can upgrade bits as you go on in the future and you end up leap frogging the console specs.

That price is absolutely nuts.
It's genuinely stunned me.
I don’t think anyone is arguing that you can’t get great value by building your own pc. The same is for anything that is DIY.

this is clearly being marketed as a premium product targeted to a niche audience.

saintjules

Gold Member
Not really.

Its only targeting like the 10% crowd (if that) so most likely most people have already made up their minds

Maybe a few may be swayed when they see something like Ghost of Tsushima 2

Yeah once the latter half of current gen games come out and Sony introduces features to those games that are only capable on the power of the Pro they will think twice.

I'm highly anticipating for them to show that you can only get the best in fidelity and framerate together on the Pro.

Last edited:

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
In the comparison video Cerney showed, I couldn't tell any difference. This is pay a lot for marginal gain. No thx

I don’t think anyone is arguing that you can’t get great value by building your own pc. The same is for anything that is DIY.

this is clearly being marketed as a premium product targeted to a niche audience.

How niche? PS4 Pro might have reached 14%, as it's been daid..I don't think this will even get 10%.

SHA

Not a chance in hell. Xbox hardware is dead in the water. If consumers want to settle they'll go with a regular PS5, or just wait for Switch 2 when that drops in a few months.

Xbox's only chance is their rumored handheld, but that's going against Switch 2 and Steam Deck. They look proper fucked baring some miracle.
Ps6 in 2 years so does the next xbox, sony already stealed 2 years from the pro life cycle, you can't speak for everyone who justify both these consoles from Sony cause they are reacting to Microsoft, not the consumer.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Good luck to the Scalpers.

You know this will be scalped at launch. I wonder how much one the hard core geeks would pay for one of these. The ps5 was going close to $1000 during covid. $1300-1500 for a scalped ps5 pro? Insane to think about.

Microsoft literally announced their 2TB Galaxy Black Xbox X for $599 / 649,99 € out in October.

PS5 Pro is just $100 more for a significantly more powerful system.
Why should I care about digital-only consoles?

Do they offer the same level of freedom as a PC? (and I don't mean Steam by that...)

Why is 2TB important?

I'd rather have 1TB and a BD-ROM drive.

I got both OG PS5 and XBOX Series X. Don't plan to replace them.

I think I'm gonna also skip PS6, since Sony isn't very keen to give us Uncharted 5/6.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Wait, $950 for Canadians? Dang, no way.
Actually $960.

The US/Can exchange results in $952 CDN. But Sony actually rounded the price UP to $960. Add in tax, and if someone wants the optional disc drive and you'll hit about $1,200.

PS5 OG and SX launched at $600 with a disc drive. Including Ontario 13% tax = $678. PS5 Pro w/drive is almost double.

PS4 OG and PS4 Pro were both $400 and had a drive each.

Last edited:

Mattyp

Gold Member
This will be $1,000 & $1,100 if you want the disc drive locally. Fucking hell lol, at least it plays some PS4 games good.

SHA

Honestly its just showing that a expensive multistore PC / Xbox thing is going to be perfectly positioned. The alternative will be locked to Sony only and also still expensive.
Sony is playing with fire, they have no choice cause Microsoft has positioned themselves as a trillion dollar company effectively.

dem

Actually $960.

The US/Can exchange results in $952 CDN. But Sony actually rounded the price UP to $960. Add in tax, and if someone wants the optional disc drive and you'll hit about $1,200.

As someone who is 40+ and could definitely swing it without any issue.... its still a bit.. yikes.

If You Say So Wow GIF by Barstool Sports

That said.. If it was an Xbox Pro I'd buy it in a second... because I'm a Gamepass hoe.

Last edited:
Need to sell a lot of Pros at jacked up prices to cover Bungie acquisition.
I never understood why they had to acquire Bungie in the first place.

Bungie is responsible for cancelling ND's MP project.

If Sony truly cares about MP gamers, all they have to do is remaster classic MP games from the PS3 era (Uncharted + Killzone).

It would have been a lot cheaper than acquiring Bungie & Firewalk.

I really don't understand their moves. They keep alienating their PS3 audience (people who supported Sony during hard times).

The new UE5 games, which are basically the "next gen" games, run like shit on the next gen consoles. Kind of funny to think about. This is probably a good piece of hardware, but if you've already spent 500 dollars on a ps5, it's tough to swallow.

This is absolutely insane pricing especially as it excludes a disc drive

Its near the level of "a few hundred more and I can get a PC with free online gaming and cheaper games".

It also doesn't help that there has been no games to really show off how important a pro model is needed.

They may have well have not bothered and just focused on the ps6.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Yep, PC gaming where Nvidia is so well known for their value mindset. ;)
You could knock up a PC for around £1200, 1300, maybe even less now that pushes 4k high to ultra at 60 plus frames. Once Steam is on it, cheap games ahoy

This price point for a new PlayStation plus the extras, it's fucking ludicrous. Doesn't matter how you swing it 🤷‍♂️

Gambit2483

Good luck to the Scalpers.

You know this will be scalped at launch. I wonder how much one the hard core geeks would pay for one of these. The ps5 was going close to $1000 during covid. $1300-1500 for a scalped ps5 pro? Insane to think about.
Can't wait for scalpers to ultimately get Fucked on this one.

Yes, please do scalp this 😂

Top Bottom