• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Officially Announced - Releasing Nov 7th - Price: $699.99 €$799.99 ¥119,980

That pricing made me consider moving to PC in the near future, as I do not play that much on PS5 nowadays. PC has a wider selection of genres, but I do not know if I will want to sit at the same desk for work and playing games, plus it might turn out I will not play these genres (like RTS) anyways - maybe I've just become too old for regular gaming. The future of PS doesn't look too player friendly anyway, with online saves behind paywall, no Bluray drive for PS6 (most likely), and potential PS Plus price hikes.
You could always do an ITX build. I have a 5600x/4070Super build in a Fractal Terra (I have the Jade but they make black and silver) and it's great. It's small enough to not look out of place next to a TV stand, and the thermals/noise is great. I move mine back and forth between my desk and my tv stand depending on the game.

ITX will cost you a little more and you aren't going to get a price comparable to the Pro unfortunately. You could also just not do anything and keep the standard PS5 that you have as it'll still last you awhile and the Pro is unnecessary.

I'm not trying to convince you either way. I love PC gaming and I've been playing since a little kid in the late 90s but I'm pretty evenly split between console and PC (probably 60/40 in favor of console including Switch?).

Interfectum

Gold Member
I’ll drink everyone’s cum on this entire forum if it breaks the 8m mark.
Milk Glass GIF

Get ready because this will cross 8 million easily.

Last edited:

Preseznik

Neo Member
Screw it, preordered at my local shop I trust.
They had a €889 deal for a PS5 Pro + disc drive + stand, which is pretty good.

Still haven't seen anything announced that I want this thing to do (PSVR2 upgrades mostly, COD), but I have a feeling those aren't far off now.

kevboard

“What's equally worrying is, that the update forced people to go online to update their controller. Can't use it anymore otherwise.”

I find that second quote comical, if you weren’t bloody online on the first place you wouldn’t have just updated your consoles firmware.

well. imagine you buy a PS5 once it is not supported anymore. and you buy a controller, or multiple controllers.

now you turn on your PS5, and the system firmware is too high for one or multiple of your controllers. this would mean your controllers will not work and you won't be able to make them work.

of course, I'd assume by that time there will be homebrew programs on PC that will allow you to firmware update the controller. but once again the preservation efforts would be lead by homebrew and piracy 🫤

Gerdav

well. imagine you buy a PS5 once it is not supported anymore. and you buy a controller, or multiple controllers.

now you turn on your PS5, and the system firmware is too high for one or multiple of your controllers. this would mean your controllers will not work and you won't be able to make them work.

of course, I'd assume by that time there will be homebrew programs on PC that will allow you to firmware update the controller. but once again the preservation efforts would be lead by homebrew and piracy 🫤
An example which is probably only going to apply to about 0.00001% of people.

omegasc

you can use the official one: https://controller.dl.playstation.net/controller/lang/en/2100004.html

reinking

Gold Member

Stretching Simu Liu GIF by The Game Awards

rkofan87

Gold Member
Where does it say Amazon and others on 10/10? Thanks
they talked about it on sacred symbols i do not know what article they got the dates from.
update they got it from the ps blog.https://blog.playstation.com/2024/09/10/welcome-playstation-5-pro-the-most-visually-impressive-way-to-play-games-on-playstation/

Last edited:
PS5 Pro will launch on November 7, 2024 and will be available at participating retailers and directly from PlayStation at direct.playstation.com. Preorders will begin on September 26, 2024.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

Bitstream

*The presentation was underwhelming
Like you mentioned in another thread, I think this was the early announcement to get the price out there; have everyone experience their sticker shock, and allow for all the youtubers and 'journalists' to exhaustedly discuss the price point. This way, when the systems power is really on display in a later event, the conversation won't be as fixated on the price.

Last edited:

saintjules

Gold Member
Like you mentioned in another thread, I think this was the early announcement to get the price out there; have everyone experience their sticker shock, and allow for all the youtubers and 'journalists' to exhaustedly discuss the price point. This way, when the systems power is really on display in a later event, the conversation won't be as fixated on the price.

It's an interesting form of psychology being used. Let's see what they show and hopefully before pre-order time.

Pretty much.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Where’s the best place to trade in a fat boy OG PS5 in the UK?

Think once my pro has arrived and I’ve moved my name SSD over I may sell it.

Or give it to my younger brother or sell it to him at a highly discounted rate. What does the GAF jury think?

hinch7

Where’s the best place to trade in a fat boy OG PS5 in the UK?

Think once my pro has arrived and I’ve moved my name SSD over I may sell it.

Or give it to my younger brother or sell it to him at a highly discounted rate. What does the GAF jury think?
If your brother wants a PS5 I'd sell it or gift him the console. Better that than give it away for 200 odd quid to some high street shop.

Last edited:
Top Bottom