• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quarantine Mafia |OT| The Contagion is spreading.

franconp

He's being...I don't know...the best word I can think of is mostly "passive" this game.

It's obviously not concrete, but i feel like this Kark/CCS/Fran stuff is all distraction, so I am looking elsewhere.

I claimed and used a valid command. How is that a distraction?

And Kark knew something that he couldn't know if he were ordinary town. We need to solve this.

Natiko

Banned
I really just don't see any course but to lynch Kark. I think he has a high chance of flipping scum. There's others that have varying levels of suspicion on them, but every day we leave Kark alive is a day that we're going to have to field more questions about whether anything he has said is true. I mean who are the other candidates?

franconp - Lynching a claimed doctor when he may have more shots left would be asinine this early.
fat4all - Without knowing more about whatever franconp used the lynch would tell us nothing. If he flips it could easily be argued the vaccination had not fully taken effect. I believe we have even been told it doesn't go into effect until day end (due to him not receiving rights to mason chat back until then).
acohrs - Some suspicion on him for some fishy statements, but is it really enough to lynch on over what Kark has done this game? I'm not convinced.
CCS - Some of you think his claim is simply not believable or is a slip up of scum, but I think lynching him at this point is a mistake (I also don't think he's scum) since if he is telling the truth we will be greatly harming town at that point.
Burb - I do see why Ouro has some concern. Burb is doing the thing that I've started to realize I fall for a bit too easily which is scum coming in to ask questions without actually providing any input themselves. That being said I think the argument for not lynching acohrs today applies to Burb as well.

I just don't see a good argument for why we should not lynch Kark today.

Natiko

Banned
franconp I have a question for you. You said you want to survive until D3 to use your second shot - but what good will it do you on D3? It seems like the one and only reason you knew who to use it on today is because of your mason connection. Had it landed anywhere else you likely would not have been able to identify them.

Karkador

Banned
Well a claim followed by a mod verified action looks better than a claim followed by stumbling and scrambling and claiming everyone is going to look so bad when they lynch the person that claimed Infected.

We're gonna go back and forward on this. Use some critical thinking, please. Mod said "Command accepted", not "Cure accepted", not "Fat4all is now cured", and no update on the Araxometer for now.

If you're going to push so hard for incomplete conspiracy theories from other unverified players about words I used, at least consider how hard you're tunneling based on somebody else's word in a mafia game.

Why would they need to buy time? They could sit back as we lynch town according to you. They wouldn't need to do anything to remain safe.

I've said this before, but this game apparently isn't supposed to last very long. It might take only one stalling tactic for them to gain a huge advantage. Furthermore, I teased a second stage to my gambit that they might be worried about for some reason. They are certainly trying their hardest to dominate the conversation.

The only way them being scum even lines up is if franconp is the D1 scum, he infects fat4all at night, and then today he uses his power on him which presumably at that point I can only guess would mean it maybe bumps him to level 2 instantly? Again though, why would they do this when they could have just done nothing.

Perhaps to infect faster?

In fact, it would have made much more sense if they're scum in this situation for franconp to wait until someone on his team gets confirmed scum and then go "Oh I'm a doctor look I can cure him". That would be ACTUALLY buying time. This doesn't get them anything they wouldn't have got by just staying quiet. No one was going to turn around and lynch fat4all or franconp today. They had no real suspicion on them.

Waiting for GAFIA to find scum? You'll be waiting a while.

Other than that, I don't think we can really say what the motivation for scum actions is yet.
You claim they could stay put and get me lynched, but I see two players trying very hard to get me lynched for some reason. Why this much effort if my lynch is pretty much locked in? It seems like they want to talk about nothing else today.

See above regarding how they gain nothing by publicly drawing attention to themselves when you're almost certainly being lynched today.

Again, if I'm a certain lynch today, what are they so eager to push it along for?

I've been saying from the start everything you've ever uttered about cures was odd. Why were you so confident early on that there would be cures if you're just a normal townie?

Heals in a mafia game? It's not that crazy of a guess.

Why try and draw attention to yourself knowing it could cause town to waste PRs on you when you're apparently fine?

I said earlier, the scum claim gambit was to knock people off guard. It was also to disguise the breadcrumb about Exodu5. Besides that, the Director role was at stake, which is a role I firmly believe needs to be removed for Town-sided reasons. I would have taken the lynch gladly if I had the role. It diminishes the power of everyone's vote.

If you're town then you've done us all a disservice.

Time will tell

franconp

franconp I have a question for you. You said you want to survive until D3 to use your second shot - but what good will it do you on D3? It seems like the one and only reason you knew who to use it on today is because of your mason connection. Had it landed anywhere else you likely would not have been able to identify them.

If the counter goes down today (and I'm just speculating as I don't know how the meter works) that will prove that I can cure. If I'm alive day 3 the infected level 1 can just come forward and say he has been targeted and I can just cure him.

Obviously that only work if the infected believe me that I have another shot and if he wants to take the risk and come forward. It's a gamble but it could work and it's better than nothing.

Ourobolus

Banned
Can we cut the talk of "curing" please?

Today however they face an even bigger challenge. An outbreak in the containment labs means that Lakeshore will need to find a way to either cure or contain the virus before it spreads throughout the lab, or even worse - the world!

Sure, it's flavor, but it's basically written like a win condition for town. I don't think a cure is out of the ordinary.

The only scenario I see is that fran AND fat are scum, and if fat is "cured," then we should see the araxoramameter-thingy go down at day end. Let's revisit that tomorrow.

franconp

Can we cut the talk of "curing" please?

Sure, it's flavor, but it's basically written like a win condition for town. I don't think a cure is out of the ordinary.

The only scenario I see is that fran AND fat are scum, and if fat is "cured," then we should see the araxoramameter-thingy go down at day end. Let's revisit that tomorrow.

The problem is not the cure, it's the vaccines. The term is to specific to be a lucky guess.

Natiko

Banned
Kark the one thing I will agree with for sure is we're just going round and round. I have probably given you more shit than everyone else in this game combined. Long before any actions from franconp. Am I scum as well for pushing your lynch? I mean try and look at it objectively. No lynch today barring further information will be a 100% guarantee. None. What lynch is most likely to provide clarity and further discussion afterwards? If we lynch you and you're town then we would know franconp's claim for his command is a lot less flimsy. Fat4all going along with it would be the end of him too. Lynching you solves both puzzles. Lynching just Fat4all leaves a mystery of which of you and franconp are scum. Lynching franconp is not even an option, if people start putting votes down on a claimed doctor right now they're crazy.

Natiko

Banned
If the counter goes down today (and I'm just speculating as I don't know how the meter works) that will prove that I can cure. If I'm alive day 3 the infected level 1 can just come forward and say he has been targeted and I can just cure him.

Obviously that only work if the infected believe me that I have another shot and if he wants to take the risk and come forward. It's a gamble but it could work and it's better than nothing.

Based on fat4all's hesitation I'm inclined to believe what you're asking is a bit of a grey area. According to him as soon as he was infected his win condition changed. To come forward as infected is to directly go against your win condition in that moment. Sure, you have a strong hope you'll be cured due to it but that still is a bit murky. Dusk would have to be the one to know what is and isn't kosher in his game and I doubt he's about to come forward and tell us.

Ourobolus

Banned
The problem is not the cure, it's the vaccines. The term is to specific to be a lucky guess.

Well either way, if it's a vaccine, then you didn't do anything for fat4all if he was infected.

A cure would "heal" him, not "inoculate" him.

But that's just semantics. I don't know Dusk's grasp of language. :p

Ourobolus

Banned
Based on fat4all's hesitation I'm inclined to believe what you're asking is a bit of a grey area. According to him as soon as he was infected his win condition changed. To come forward as infected is to directly go against your win condition in that moment. Sure, you have a strong hope you'll be cured due to it but that still is a bit murky. Dusk would have to be the one to know what is and isn't kosher in his game and I doubt he's about to come forward and tell us.

Considering he is supposedly a mason with fran, I can see why he would do it. If we're taking what they've said as gospel, he didn't know his teammate(s), and if he got cured by fran, he's back to being town and if fran ever flips, he's basically confirmed town.

franconp

Also Fat4all give some clues day one:

Here he is talking about a cure during the day phase:

But if you are cured before night ends, you won't reach level 2, you'll convert to town.

so you'd have to be cured before the day ends?

:/

Here he is talking about a limited shot cure:

Maybe someone can cure with limited uses, that would make sense since it seems like the infected start with low numbers (supposedly).

And here he said to Kark that town has ways to help stop the infection and Kark looking for some clues how:

And town would still have the numbers to get rid of them easily, even on day 4 or 5.

How do you know?

And yes, I told Fat4all to shut up all that times.

franconp

Well either way, if it's a vaccine, then you didn't do anything for fat4all if he was infected.

A cure would "heal" him, not "inoculate" him.

But that's just semantics. I don't know Dusk's grasp of language. :p

That's why it's weird. And that's why I went hard after Kark day one. He used a term he shouldn't know. And it's not even the most apropiate term to use, so lucky guess is out of the question. So, how did he knew it? What's his goal?

Ourobolus

Banned
That's why it's weird. And that's why I went hard after Kark day one. He used a term he shouldn't know. And it's not even the most apropiate term to use, so lucky guess is out of the question. So, how did he knew it? What's his goal?

shrug

If you guys wanna lynch Kark, go for it. I'm gonna keep looking elsewhere so that at least one person is.

Natiko

Banned
Considering he is supposedly a mason with fran, I can see why he would do it. If we're taking what they've said as gospel, he didn't know his teammate(s), and if he got cured by fran, he's back to being town and if fran ever flips, he's basically confirmed town.

I'm not faulting fat4all for doing it. I'm just saying it is a bit of a grey area so to presume the next infected will do so isn't a guarantee. Just thought it was something that deserved to be mentioned at least.

Karkador

Banned
Also Fat4all give some clues day one:

Here he is talking about a cure during the day phase:

Here he is talking about a limited shot cure:

And here he said to Kark that town has ways to help stop the infection and Kark looking for some clues how:

And yes, I told Fat4all to shut up all that times.

This is quite a defensive, retconning post.

Sawneeks

Banned
Anyway, as for what I wanted to talk about today, it's our Histories.

My History mentions someone I wanted to ask out, but couldn't because of the quarantine. They may or may not know who it is, but I have a feeling they might.

Alas, I didn't become a lover with them, but I share this in the hopes that someone might use it to piece together a part of the story. I have been wondering if there's any kind of visual novel element going on here, where we have intertwining histories somehow.

Whether or not I die doesn't matter really matter, I just wanted this out there, since it's not gonna reveal when my role flips.

I did mention it during the 1 Night Phase post I got but I am willing to fully discuss my own History in my role PM.

However, I kinda agree with Zipped. I'm thinking they might just be a Red Herring like the Spirit Animals in Volcano Island* since I don't have any direct connection to the person listed in my History and I even bread-crumbed my History and they never caught it. My History also didn't change when I became Director, I specifically asked Dusk that and he said it was the same.

*For those who don't know, in Volcano Island everyone had a specific 'Spirit Animal' that they were given in their role PM. The animal was [redacted] upon death and it was thought they somehow connected people to each other. Turns out it was just Splinter having a laugh and they meant nothing in the grand scheme of the game.

It's possible that CCS is scum masquerading as a mutant town.

Actually, the fact that CCS knew the 'Recovery' ability...

Well, it makes them more likely to be scum than Kark, honestly.

What I find interesting is that CCS specifically said he was a 'Mutant' and, according to you at least, the Infected Win Con is to 'infect/kill all Humans'.

This kinda does play into CCS' being immune to Infection since he isn't technically 'Human' but so far he is the only one to mention that 'type' in the game. It's possible he is some sort of Neutral but considering Town's Win is only to 'kill all of those infected with Araxia' and not simply 'kill those who are a danger to Town' makes me think if we do have a Neutral they aren't inherently detrimental to Town.

Still, I'm willing to consider taking a look at CCS. If that was a play on his Scum ability I'll give him props, that was very well done.

Maybe its nothing but upon review it seems weird for Acohrs to imply that Fat4all might be unwell before anyone had any idea that Fran was referring to him. The comment seems off to me...

It's been said already but I really like this observation. Definitely want to hear from Acohrs in regards to this.

Sorry, the bread was mixed up with other stuff

I'll give you props, that was super well done. After the first 15 letters or so I didn't even pay attention to the rest lol.

Ouro-hat on.

Seriously I think something is up with Burbeting.

>.>

He's playing textbook Scum!Burb. He and I played on a Scum Team in Pop Mafia and what he is doing now ( the whole noncommittal, barely here, lots of mechanic talk, not-a-super-Townie thing ) is 110% what he did there.

If Kark were not an issue my vote would be on Burb, no question.

Fat4all

Banned
At this point arguing with Kark is just running up the page count and doing not much else.

I'm down to spending mid-day discussing other players like CCS, Burb and acohrs when they get back into the thread. Also, TheExodu5 hasn't posted anything yet today, and I wouldn't mind hearing their take on the goings ons.

CCS

Banned
I'm back, if anyone wants to talk to ask me questions about my role and my claim go ahead.

So far I'm leaning towards lynching Kark. Out of the players who've done something noteworthy since yesterday, I don't think it's time for a director lynch, we can't be 100% certain about Fran and Fat but I think there's more to verify them then there is evidence to believe Kark, and ultimately if Kark is going to get into a fight with our masons/doctor I know which I'd rather have alive. The point about acohrs being a big suspicious is valid, but I'd like to at least give him time to comment first.

Still alive, barricaded in my lab.

Haven't fully read through what's been said since D2 began.

My first inclination is still to lynch Kark and see what was true, if anything, about his D1 gambit.

VOTE: Karkador

CCS

Banned
yo CCS, is your ability called 'Recovery'?

Yep, same name. Guess it makes sense that a mutant who's immune to Araxia would possess similar abilities? Like I have an alternative strain that comes without all the turning into a mindless killing machine but with the inbuilt resistance to sharp things.

Karkador

Banned
Yep, same name. Guess it makes sense that a mutant who's immune to Araxia would possess similar abilities? Like I have an alternative strain that comes without all the turning into a mindless killing machine but with the inbuilt resistance to sharp things.

Are you immune to INJECT:?

acohrs

Ah, gym, coffee, and fluffle walkies. The best way to start a weekend.

In response to melon, I found the following comments weird between Kark and Fat4all:

Anyway, I'm actually sick.

Love sick.

That's Level 2. You may now freak the fuck out, happeningbunker.gif

BOOM MUTHAFUCKA WE IN THIS

KARKADOR GAMBIT STAGE 2

I AM 'INFECTED' WITH LOVE

❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎

Sorry kid, I've been known to be a heartbreaker.

In some other time... in some other place...

Maybe, we could of been... together.

But alas, my heart belongs to another.

Wanted to see what was going on between Kark and Fat there. Found that exchange very interesting, especially seeing how quickly it was dropped after Fat was injected and 'cured'. What do you have to say about that Kark and Fat?

acohrs

giphy.gif

Fat4all

Banned
To be honest, that comment I made to Kark had nothing to do with me being infected and everything to do with me just being a shit and trying to goof a bit.

I thought it would be obvious to fran that I couldn't go into chat after a day or so of me talking in the thread so I didn't plan on pushing the matter, but then fran started dropping massive hints to them needing confirmation that I was infected.

After fran basically told everyone that they have a partner and that they were waiting for me to give a signal, that's when I dropped the 'vomit' comment, parodying Kark from earlier in the game.

also I'm drunk

Burbeting

Banned
Vote: Burbeting

Why are you so...laissez-faire this game? Something seems off to me.

The day started at midnight, so I had to go to bed after a while.

This game is pretty different to past games, in that it most likely started with one scum. It's possible there were multiple ones, but in that case the town not being able to lynch on D1 feels unfair.

What this means is on D1 the situation was most likely 19 town versus 1 scum (counting possible neutrals as town at this point of time). What this means is finding any clique-connections, which is a big part to scum-hunting in my opinion, was most likely impossible on D1. That might have lead to me seeming bit more passive.

Today we most likely either had:
1. Two scum (one level 2 and one level 1)
2. Or three scum or more (twould level 2 and ? Level 1)

But that we cannot be sure of right now. The Araxometer went to 2, so at least one person was most likely infected. So today should be looked at whose actions have considerably changed from D1.

However, with Fat4all seemingly cured, it's possible we have returned back to D1 situation, with just 1 scum in a group of 20. It'll be hard to find any cliques or connections, especially if F4A was telling the truth that they weren't told who the other scum was, and that they weren't given scum chat access.

It's possible F4A and Fran are lying, but why would scum do that at this point? They had no heat on themselves, and they will now look more suspicious later if they stay alive until the end-game. Usually every claim or action scum does has some purpose, but this claim doesn't seem likely.

So what is town's agenda today? We won't get any confirmation about F4A until the end of today and araxometer being updated. However if we think that there is only one infected alive, then figuring out who they are is not going to be easy. A lone scum can very easily disguise as town without a problem.

What do you think of CCS, Ouro?

Burbeting

Banned
A general question for all: Do you think that there is one or more infected right now (not counting the most likely cured Fat4All).

Because if there is only 1, searching for Scum ties between players is meaningless.

Karkador is still the most worrying player. He seems way too eager to lynch F4A, when there is much more easier ways to verify him and Fran. And if they are telling the truth, lynching F4A would be a waste. Makes me feel like Kark has an agenda of his own.

CCS

Banned
A general question for all: Do you think that there is one or more infected right now (not counting the most likely cured Fat4All).

Because if there is only 1, searching for Scum ties between players is meaningless.

Karkador is still the most worrying player. He seems way too eager to lynch F4A, when there is much more easier ways to verify him and Fran. And if they are telling the truth, lynching F4A would be a waste. Makes me feel like Kark has an agenda of his own.

This is basically my thinking. I believe Fat and Fran, and so it seems likely we're operating on one scum. It's very hard to find scum when you can't look for connections or weird interactions, as you say, so I feel like all we can really do is lynch the most concerning player. For me that's Kark.

VOTE: Karkador

acohrs

To be honest, that comment I made to Kark had nothing to do with me being infected and everything to do with me just being a shit and trying to goof a bit.

I thought it would be obvious to fran that I couldn't go into chat after a day or so of me talking in the thread so I didn't plan on pushing the matter, but then fran started dropping massive hints to them needing confirmation that I was infected.

After fran basically told everyone that they have a partner and that they were waiting for me to give a signal, that's when I dropped the 'vomit' comment, parodying Kark from earlier in the game.

also I'm drunk

But what was your plan with Kark as an infected? You didn't know who your scummates were but did you assume Kark wasn't one and we're trying to make him more suspicious?

Fat4all

Banned
But what was your plan with Kark as an infected? You didn't know who your scummates were but did you assume Kark wasn't one and we're trying to make him more suspicious?

I'm not sure I know what you mean.

I have no way of knowing who any other scum could be 100%, I was just fucking with Kark every now and again because I fucked with them a bit day one as well. I even photoshopped a picture from Pee Wee's Playhouse just for fun.

I've got surprisingly little to do at work.

TheExodu5

Banned
I'm here. Working overtime today so I won't have a chance to catch up until later today.

My apologies for missing the last day...my phone is the only way to post at work and I soft bricked it that day by unrooting my phone without reverting to the original OS. ;_;

Verelios

I got my answer: Yes, he can. Also he will regain access to our chat at the begining of N2 so if either I or him become infected the other will know.
Hm? What happens if you're both infected at the start of day 3? I guess that's possible if scum is able to infect 2 people at the same time.

franconp

Hm? What happens if you're both infected at the start of day 3? I guess that's possible if scum is able to infect 2 people at the same time.

It can happen? We don't know how many infection are each day. I don't think scum can infect 2 people each day. It would be too op. Town would have a really difficult game if they need to deal with 2 infected every day.

Verelios

It can happen? We don't know how many infection are each day. I don't think scum can infect 2 people each day. It would be too op. Town would have a really difficult game if they need to deal with 2 infected every day.
Yeah, it's still just a possibility

Top Bottom