• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Origins |OT| The Rebirth

World 3 is down, some really nice music in those stages. The game gives off a bizarre Earthworm Jim style vibe but even better, also i'm reminded of Worms at times for some reason.

Lijik

I just asked a PR dude at Ubisoft AU, he says they're not gonna be releasing the soundtrack seperately (well, it's probably more like 'no current plans'.) So looks like the Collectors Edition is what you should pick up for that.

If theres enough fan clamor, they'll probably release it on iTunes. Thats what happened for the Rabbids Go Home soundtrack

Teknoman

Does this game retain that otherwordly, almost haunting atmosphere that the other Raymans have?

Also, on a scale of Un to Dix, how French is it? This is not a bad thing, I hasten to add.

Did you play the demo that had synchronized jelly fish swimming + fitting music? Yeah.

Went ahead and bought the game from Gamestop on PS3. Never used GS before, and it couldn't even recognize my address, lol. Went ahead and ordered it keeping the original address. Hopefully no fuck ups from GS.

The_Monk

Hey GAF I just saw this game also on PSN and I was thinking, this seems to be a great Platform in all is HD Glory, am I right?

The other question I have is, how hard is this game? In some review I read/watch they say that there may be some hard moments but it's ok because there's various checkpoints.

Thing is, I'm horrible with these types of games! I can play games on Hard/Hardcore/DemonsSouls,etc but when it comes to Platforms I'm so so bad...

Should I be worried?

Thanks for answering, will wait for some GAFfers to see what they have to say before purchasing.

Shearie

I love this game! It actually met all the expectations I built up after watching the trailers for it. There's also a whole lot more content than I thought there would be. It's been a long time but this is my first Rayman game since the original came out on the Jaguar.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Should I be worried?

Nope.

The optional treasure chases are probably the most challenging segments, but they're short and doable even for a novice if you can stay focused. And like I said, they're optional - you can play all the levels without bothering with them. It gets a little more demanding in the final set of levels, but by then your skills should be honed enough to tackle them without much trouble. Thanks to the snappy checkpoint system, I never once felt frustrated or stuck.

SoulClap

Hey GAF I just saw this game also on PSN and I was thinking, this seems to be a great Platform in all is HD Glory, am I right?

The other question I have is, how hard is this game? In some review I read/watch they say that there may be some hard moments but it's ok because there's various checkpoints.

Thing is, I'm horrible with these types of games! I can play games on Hard/Hardcore/DemonsSouls,etc but when it comes to Platforms I'm so so bad...

Should I be worried?

Thanks for answering, will wait for some GAFfers to see what they have to say before purchasing.

The game can be challenging if you're trying to collect all Lums in a level. The optional treasure chest levels can be difficult as well. Overall I think you should give it a shot. No harm in trying out the demo.

The_Monk

Nope.

The optional treasure chases are probably the most challenging segments, but they're short and doable even for a novice if you can stay focused. And like I said, they're optional - you can play all the levels without bothering with them. It gets a little more demanding in the final set of levels, but by then your skills should be honed enough to tackle them without much trouble. Thanks to the snappy checkpoint system, I never once felt frustrated or stuck.

The game can be challenging if you're trying to collect all Lums in a level. The optional treasure chest levels can be difficult as well. Overall I think you should give it a shot. No harm in trying out the demo.

Thanks for answering. I just tried the demo, the visuals are indeed really nice. I think I might pick this up on PSN since I have some money in my PS Wallet but it will have to wait because I don't want to grow a backlog (again).

Another thing, what if you miss those treasures or Lums? Can you select that level and try again?

Shearie

Thanks for answering. I just tried the demo, the visuals are indeed really nice. I think I might pick this up on PSN since I have some money in my PS Wallet but it will have to wait because I don't want to grow a backlog (again).

Another thing, what if you miss those treasures or Lums? Can you select that level and try again?

Is there a PSN version of this game? I thought it's only a $60 retail game, which it's completely worth because not only is it totally great but there's a whole lot of content too.

You can restart the level and get them but even better, if you missed some Lums in a level section, just kill yourself (you have unlimited lives) to go back to the checkpoint to try again at collecting them; although it would be nice if there was a pause menu option to restart at last checkpoint instead of suiciding but it's not a big deal.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Is there a PSN version of this game? I thought it's only a $60 retail game, which it's completely worth because not only is it totally great but there's a whole lot of content too.

Not in the US. It's only in the EU PSN store, haven't heard anything about it coming to US PSN but it'll probably happen eventually.

The_Monk said:

Yep, once you beat a level you can return to it at anytime.

The_Monk

Thanks for answering again guys, guess I'll bite soon.

I just wished that the digital version could drop price after some time (because Ubisoft games are known for that) but guess that only happen with their physical games? Hope I'm wrong.

Ken

Played a few hours of co-op. The game is pretty amazing and deserves those high scores.

Quick question though: are all the unlockable characters
aside from the initial 4 unlockables, just different version of the "Teensies (?)?"

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Quick question though: are all the unlockable characters
aside from the initial 4 unlockables, just different version of the "Teensies (?)?"

Yes, except for the final two unlocks (they require a buttload of pink lums). I wish there were more Rayman and Globoxx costumes, but I wouldn't be surprised if they sold them as DLC.

Ken

I haven't seen the final one, but judging from the second-to-last costume, they're weird, "twisted" versions of Globox and Rayman

Ah, okay. Thanks. Now I'm hoping for a little more variety in characters through DLC or something.

Ken

$40 for the 360 version on Amazon...have it in my cart. Should I get it? Hmmm hmmmm hmmmm.

Yeah, I would at that price. It's a wonderful game that more people should experience.

How difficult is this game? I'm thinking about getting it for my sister for Christmas (and of course I'll play it as well)

I've only made it to the third world but it hasn't been too difficult. There's some tricky parts but the checkpoint placements really help.

I had it in my cart, but decided not to buy it. Not because I don't think it's worth $40, but because I shouldn't be spending any money right now. I wanna play this so bad

iavi

Amazon's lightning deal for the game is going now. 29.99 for the wii/39.99 for the HD twins.

e: beaten.

I had it in my cart, but decided not to buy it. Not because I don't think it's worth $40, but because I shouldn't be spending any money right now. I wanna play this so bad

I'm kind of in the same boat, but I've been purposefully not spending money (mostly) the last few months in preparation for Black Friday/Christmas sales.

I got it, partly just because I want to support good 2D gaming. It looks fun, although I'm not completely finished with Skyrim so it may be a bit before I actually get to it.

Lijik

How difficult is this game? I'm thinking about getting it for my sister for Christmas (and of course I'll play it as well)

Once you have all of the powers in the second half of the game, the difficulty ramps up and the game gets rather challenging. However the checkpointing and lack of lives keep it from getting frustrating.

Only played the demo a little bit so far, its super annoying how you can't just hold jump to float.... not sure if thats a Rayman thing, haven't spent much time with the other games.

Not use to having to double tap, guess you get use to it after a bit?

SoulClap

Only played the demo a little bit so far, its super annoying how you can't just hold jump to float.... not sure if thats a Rayman thing, haven't spent much time with the other games.

Not use to having to double tap, guess you get use to it after a bit?

You do. I was annoyed with at first as well.

Dartastic

I just got twenty free dollars from my friends 90 year old grandpa because he thought I was one of his grand kids. Ahahahahahahahaha. The awkwardness. I guess I actually got this game for 10?

Ghost23

A couple questions before I bite on the Black Friday deal. Is this game enjoyable to play solo, or do I have to find someone for coop? And how long has it been taking people to beat this game?

Raistlin

Does anyone know from where I can import the PS3 Collector's Edition into the US?

Amazon.uk doesn't ship games to the US.

daycru

A couple questions before I bite on the Black Friday deal. Is this game enjoyable to play solo, or do I have to find someone for coop? And how long has it been taking people to beat this game?
I played through the vast majority of it solo, had a great experience. The co-op is really fun too. I didn't really keep track of time played but it's a lengthy game for what it is. 60 levels and lots of collectibles that unlock really hard challenges, time trials, and more. If you're a fan of platformers, it's a no brainer.

Lijik

I haven't seen the final one, but judging from the second-to-last costume, they're weird, "twisted" versions of Globox and Rayman

I know the Rayman one is a reference to the Dark Rayman character from the first game. There was also a Dark Globox in Rayman arena so Globox's is probably that. Its a bummer, I was hoping for some reference to Tonic Trouble seeing as they lifted the ice portions of Gourmand Land from it.

Peff

Found the game for 36€, bought the shit out of it. First world was awesome, especially that chase level.

Top Bottom