• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

MMaRsu said:
Just made a spot just for you :p
:)
2llddsm.jpg

schennmu said:
It's just funny to see chandoog suddenly so concerned about resolution, while it was a non issue in the Alan Wake thread :lol

I didn't know that Alan Wake was native 720p on another platform.

NHale

Opus Angelorum said:
That's when this thread will really take a turn for the worst.

There is only 2 ways that will happen. One review scores <8 or different scores for the X360 and PS3 version from a major website. Imagine if both happens... :lol

Kinyou said:
I wonder what would cause more outrage, a perfect 10 or a 8.9.

It depends on the reviewer and the written review itself. If it is Hilary Goldstein it would be the perfect 10, if it's someone else the 8.9 (not like it's a bad score BTW).

Now if Eurogamer gives their typical "7 out of 10", just run for the hills.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Sn4ke_911 said:

Here's what will happen: it will be a 9.6 or some other fantastic score and this thread will go apeshit because it's not high enough. I think 9.7 and 9.8 would get the least apeshittery, as it is only confirmation of the hype, and 9.9 and 10 would be GOTY apeshit. Basically, apeshit confirmed.

Haunted

I forbid any RDR fan to throw a fit about "low" review scores.

I forbid it.

Feel free to complain about all the money-hatted 10s, though.

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
Definity said:
I have an extra war horse code I would like to trade for a deadly assassin outfit. PM me if you want to trade.
Pretty sure you can unlock, all the pre-order stuff by completeing missions, you just get it sooner with the codes.

Definity

themadcowtipper said:
Pretty sure you can unlock, all the pre-order stuff by completeing missions, you just get it sooner with the codes.
Cool, I thought that may be the case but I wasn't for sure. Thx.

Banned
ConradCervantes said:
Ah. I must've attributed it to the wrong fellow. I just assumed it was he who said it since thus far he's the only person who's played both versions and is writing about it.

I'm also a poor researcher when tired and slightly buzzed.

No one said the 360 version has tearing.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
schennmu said:
Chandoog, do you even own a PS3 or consider buying that version? :lol

No and No but it's nice to have some closure from reliable people since the opinions in this topic are varying so much. :)

schennmu said:
It's just funny to see chandoog suddenly so concerned about resolution, while it was a non issue in the Alan Wake thread :lol

I still think it's a non issue, however it's good to see some guys having a change of hearts now lol

Esteban

Banned
I hope the reviews will focus on how fun it is playing the game.

We definitely see the game is gorgeous and the open world is huge... but is it still fun to play even after 10-15 hours ?

Hanmik

Mik2121 said:
And the "soft" textures! Yup, it's gotta be it.

Anyway, yeah, this is some HL mod. A pretty ugly one at that..

UGLY...? I thought it was beyond UGLY.. it actually reminded me of the first FPS game for the Commodore Amagi back in the days...

219tova.jpg

Big-ass Ramp

If I had to seriously bet, based off of the other reviews, I'd guess that IGN give this a 9.7, maybe a 9.8. Totally just a guess, though.

Barrett2

I don't understand how anyone could be excited about a particular outlet's score. It's subjective bullshit even with a four point scale, let alone an absurd 100 point scale. Individual review score analyzing is the most pointless part of GAF.

Big-ass Ramp

lawblob said:
I don't understand how anyone could be excited about a particular outlet's score. It's subjective bullshit even with a four point scale, let alone an absurd 100 point scale. Individual review score analyzing is the most pointless part of GAF.

I agree, but it's still exciting to see the review scores for a game you are hyped about. Sure, it doesn't matter THAT much, it's just part of the hype.

CozMick

Banned
lawblob said:

It's better than counting pixels, amirite?

Sweet

I killed so many people in a town and got super low honor, that no crime apart from murder they will witness anymore, they look the other way which will making robbing people easier.

lawblob said:

Couldn't agree more. My previous post was more mocking than anything.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Mik2121 said:
And the "soft" textures! Yup, it's gotta be it.

Anyway, yeah, this is some HL mod. A pretty ugly one at that..
It's Wanted! Great mod for the time it came out.

Top Bottom