• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

So ps3 version slight frame drops
360 major tearing
I assume this will eventually get a PC version though.

warning, sarcasm may induce rage.

Majine

Banned
BobTheFork said:
360 major tearing
Remind me, but wasn't the PC version of GTA IV pretty horrible overall?

Yoshi256

Banned
All I read is New York Times Review, L.A. Times review, where the hell are the IGN, Gametrailers, Gamepro and Gamespot reviews? Wasn't the embargo lifted this morning?

Ive been playing RDR on 360 for about 6 hours and I havnt noticed any tearing.
The performance has been great.

Now something like Alan Wake I noticed the tearing but not in this game.

Majine said:
Remind me, but wasn't the PC version of GTA IV pretty horrible overall?
To my knowledge no, it looked great. All the screens I've seen certainly look really nice. The mod make all the difference as well. I would love to see what mods come from a RDR pc version.

TheVampire said:
Ha! Too late, someone else saw tearing once. It's now an official bullet to be fired in the console wars(tm)

BobTheFork said:
To my knowledge no, it looked great. All the screens I've seen certainly look really nice. The mod make all the difference as well. I would love to see what mods come from a RDR pc version.

He probably meant in terms of performance; in which case, yes, for the majority of PC folk, the game ran horribly.

Dabanton

Haha where is this 360 tearing nonsense coming from? some people are talking like they've seen it with their own eyes, they also all seem to be getting the PS3 version...

Whatever makes you feel better boys. :lol

Mik2121

Can you guys stop this lame 360 vs PS3 thing now?. We already know it performs greatly on both consoles, no need to discuss anything else. God damn...

Dabanton said:
Haha where is this 360 tearing nonsense coming from? some people are talking like they've seen it with their own eyes, they also all seem to be getting the PS3 version...

Whatever makes you feel better boys. :lol

A member here (Magnus?) got his hands on both skus and did some comparing. Slight slowdown on PS3 sku, some tearing on XB360 sku. Overall the differences are negligible unless you REALLY have an eye for these sorts of things, which frankly I'm grateful that I don't.

GreekWolf

BobTheFork said:
360 major tearing
This is really, really stupid.

Multi-console owners are genuinely interested in weighing the pros and cons between both versions before making a purchasing decision, and you're blatantly spreading FUD.

Dabanton

ConradCervantes said:
A member here (Magnus?) got his hands on both skus and did some comparing. Slight slowdown on PS3 sku, some tearing on XB360 sku. Overall the differences are negligible unless you REALLY have an eye for these sorts of things, which frankly I'm grateful that I don't.

That's strange as i could swear he said this...

Magnus said:
Haven't seen any screen-tearing in the 360 version myself yet.

GreekWolf said:
This is really, really stupid.

Multi-console owners are genuinely interested in weighing the pros and cons between both versions before making a purchasing decision, and you're blatantly spreading FUD.
obviously. Hopefully obvious enough that's it's sarcasm. It's basically a contradiction of the posts right before me.

edit MAgus wasn't the one who talked about tearing. Can't remember, but some said they saw it slightly once and one guy was talking from the depths of his ass and saying it ahd tearing just because the ps3 version had v-sync

Dabanton said:
That's strange as i could swear he said this...

Ah. I must've attributed it to the wrong fellow. I just assumed it was he who said it since thus far he's the only person who's played both versions and is writing about it.

I'm also a poor researcher when tired and slightly buzzed.

GreekWolf

BobTheFork said:
obviously. Hopefully obvious enough that's it's sarcasm. It's basically a contradiction of the posts right before me.
Damn it, you're right. That's what I get for skimming pages.
banghead.gif

Sorry mate. I'm still annoyed that I bought the wrong version of Ghostbusters. On the plus side, it makes a fanciful and decorative coaster.

The tearing discussion is bullshit. Geez, why does everyone believe the fud "einkeiexpress" is spreading? He's the guy who falsely claimed to be Rockstar employee as well.

Daigoro said:
careful, you dont want to stir up some hub hub now do you?

It's just funny to see chandoog suddenly so concerned about resolution, while it was a non issue in the Alan Wake thread :lol

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I want a version of the box-art that correctly titles the game: Haunted's Avatar: The Game

NHale

CaseyTappy said:
Imaginary Tearing is the worst , you keep looking for it .........distracting you as you play !

Even worse is when you see a bad texture and start wondering if the other version also has that bad texture. It pisses me off and I often quit the game and never play it again. I can't stand the feeling of other people playing a game that has 1 small thing better than my version.

I also can't stand jaggies. I can't play games with them unless they are exclusives, in that case they don't bother me.

FrankT

BobTheFork said:
360 major tearing

Uh no. Fud.

I've been watching the vids all weekend and seen no such thing. Now I haven't been playing it, but will be tonight but this guy has been in here posting about playing it multiple times so I'll take his word for it;

TheVampire said:
The performance has been great.

Now something like Alan Wake I noticed the tearing but not in this game.

Of course there is this too;

Haven't seen any screen-tearing in the 360 version myself yet

BobTheFork said:
:lol
I didn't intend that to top a page. I can't expect anyone to scroll past that and see the rest.

edit: holy hell you edited in more still without reading past that post, I really must have pissed you off. again, read the end of the last page, it was sarcastic.

Oh it was sarcasm. Oh hahahaaa.

Jtyettis said:
Uh no. Fud.
:lol
I didn't intend that to top a page. I can't expect anyone to scroll past that and see the rest.

edit: holy hell you edited in more still without reading past that post, I really must have pissed you off. again, read the end of the last page, it was sarcastic.

Haunted

Rez said:
I want a version of the box-art that correctly titles the game: Haunted's Avatar: The Game
You know you read too much GAF if screenshots remind you of a poster's avatar instead of the actual game. :lol

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Haunted said:
You know you read too much GAF if screenshots remind you of a poster's avatar instead of the actual game. :lol
I didn't know what Red Dead was prior to this game, and it has been your avatar since I've been on GAF. I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.

pre-ordering ps3 version.

thanx magnus. i can live with minor framerate drops.
richer sound, less apparent jaggies (softer, i know), and better friends..(the most important part)

englishbob

Neo Member
Re: The tearing on the 360 version.

Maybe those that have said its "tearing" is because they are upscaling it to 1080p?

Lost Planet 2 is terrible at 1080p, has loads of tearing, set it to 720p and its perfect. Maybe RDR is the same?

Haunted

Rez said:
I didn't know what Red Dead was prior to this game, and it has been your avatar since I've been on GAF. I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.
Oh, it happens to all of us. You should see the reactions when someone posts the concept art of Ramirez from Skies of Arcadia. :lol

If my avatar got you to try out any of the Red Dead series, then all the better. :p

Tempy said:
Sarcasm doesn't work on the innernets.
well if it had come on the last page it would have made more sense.
I posted that after one person thought they saw tearing once while spinning the camera at top speed.

Zeliard

Please realize that the inevitable PC version will blow both out of the water as always and shut the fuck up with the thread-ruining 360 vs. PS3 second-place talk.

Goddamn. Every. Single. Time.

MMaRsu

Always-honest said:
pre-ordering ps3 version.

thanx magnus. i can live with minor framerate drops.
richer sound, less apparent jaggies (softer, i know), and better friends..(the most important part)

If you had me as an XBL friend you'd have better friends on XBL

:p

Gacha-pin

Zeliard said:
Please realize that the inevitable PC version will blow both out of the water as always and shut the fuck up with the thread-ruining 360 vs. PS3 second-place talk.

Six months later, uh? I assume nobody talks about RDR 360 vs PS3 anymore:D

Dabanton

Zeliard said:

Who's arguing that it won't?

All consoles owners care about is that they'll be playing this by the end of the week.

Zeliard

Dabanton said:
Who's arguing that it won't?

All consoles owners care about is that they'll be playing this by the end of the week.

If that were true then you'd be talking about the actual game. :p But it took one guy, who was a proven troll and is banned, to come in and start whining about both the 360 and PS3 versions for almost the entire discussion on RDR to turn to that.

360 vs PS3 again and again and again. How many times do we have to see it? I own both systems as well and have for years, but damn. It can be nice to know the differences between versions but sometimes you guys go too far with it. The game itself is far more interesting. The 360 and PS3 versions these days are generally similar enough that there just isn't much to talk about on the technical end unless we're in another Bayonetta situation. And with RDR, unless you're just gonna ignore the multi, it's best to go with your friends list. When the PC version finally comes along is when we get the (usually) far more technically proficient versions of these games.

I'm getting the 360 version by the way. Pre-ordered it from Amazon a long time ago, and I'm really looking forward to playing it tomorrow. Haven't looked forward to a game like this in a while.

Hanmik

Zeliard said:
The game itself is far more interesting. The 360 and PS3 versions these days are generally similar enough that there just isn't much to talk about on the technical end unless we're in another Bayonetta situation. And with RDR, unless you're just gonna ignore the multi, it's best to go with your friends list..

That´s the problem with RDR.. we never saw any pictures or movies with some PS3 footage. Rockstar just showed the X360 footage. So people started wondering if there was a reason for this.. that´s how the comparison started this time around. People where afraid of a Ghostbusters or Bayonetta situation.

Zeliard said:
360 vs PS3 again and again and again. How many times do we have to see it? I own both systems as well and have for years, but damn. It can be nice to know the differences between versions but sometimes you guys go too far with it. The game itself is far more interesting. The 360 and PS3 versions these days are generally similar enough that there just isn't much to talk about on the technical end unless we're in another Bayonetta situation. And with RDR, unless you're just gonna ignore the multi, it's best to go with your friends list. When the PC version finally comes along is when we get the (usually) far more technically proficient versions of these games.

See? It takes Carl Sagan to be the voice of reason.

Top Bottom