• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Johningame

Neo Member
DMeisterJ said:
PS3 impressions

- Game looks fine resolution wise
- Lack of or poorly implemented AA (AKA, lots of jaggies)
- Motion Blur (I'm not a graphics expert, but if you spin the camera around, the screen becomes blurry, and that's the motion blur effect right?)
- Frame-rate is fine, with probable relatively minor dips (so far)
- A few glitches
- Ground looks terrible, just like GTA IV
- Controls on the horse take a bit of getting used to and are a little loose.
- Controlling the character in terms of run/walk sucks because all you can do is walk or run, no inbetween
- None of this matters
- Game is hella fun
- Riding a horse is fun
- Shooting is fun
- Fun fun fun dammit
- No one should worry about getting it on either platform, just pick whichever system you like better, or whichever system isn't broken, or whichever system doesn't talk back, or any other mudnane reason, because the game is fine.
- GameSpy online for PS3 works fine, I know there was some worry about that too.

HUZZAH!

Thanks. I like the "Riding a horse is fun" part. Now it's just a matter of controller preference/online service/what do my friends have.

1 hour and 11 minutes to go!

Talon

Synless said:
*edit* I did play it for a small bit, its not that great. Also I've never watched a game on YouTube. My gamerscore and psn trophies reflect that.
I hear your epeen is big, how big is it?

d0c_zaius

Synless said:
I don't have to play the entire game or even play it to clearly see its fucking repetitive and that I wont like it. Me and him agreed, t

well you do to have what is called an informed opinion about the product

so sassy with the fucks btw:lol

Synless said:
I'll finish it sometime and I'm certain my opinion won't change. My opinion is the game sucks, deal with it.

hmm are you a professional game reviewer? cause you have what it takes my boy!

Synless

Talon- said:
I hear your epeen is big, how big is it?
Just saying, it proves that I usually play my games. Let's not fuck up this thread anymore.

zero margin said:
you lost all credibility when you said you played through only two chapters
Do I need to play the whole game to see it finally open up? I'll finish it sometime and I'm certain my opinion won't change. My opinion is the game sucks, deal with it.

Synless said:
I don't have to play the entire game or even play it to clearly see its fucking repetitive and that I wont like it.

I think you've edited this post... twice.

Fine, no more AW talk... I was just a little perturbed that you seemed to really dislike it without even trying it for yourself. I mean, I hate Call of Duty with a fiery passion that consumes my soul... but I've actually tried the game (SP and MP) and that formed my opinion.

Synless

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
I think you've edited this post... twice.

Fine, no more AW talk... I was just a little perturbed that you seemed to really dislike it without even trying it for yourself. I mean, I hate Call of Duty with a fiery passion that consumes my soul... but I've actually tried the game (SP and MP) and that formed my opinion.
I got to see like 3 hours of gameplay, I'm certain that is enough regardless if you play it or not to make a pretty sound opinion. That said, I am rather enjoying RDR.

Synless said:
I got to see like 3 hours of gameplay, I'm certain that is enough regardless if you play it or not to make a pretty sound opinion. That said, I am rather enjoying RDR.

So, do you just hang out at your buddy's house just watching him play games for hours on end? :lol

Just kidding, back to RDR, we're done with this tangent.

So, anyone at Gamestop or EB get those neat playing cards?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So, what's with the special edition? Is that an automatic upgrade for buying(or preordering?) at gamestop?

Synless

Papercuts said:
So, what's with the special edition? Is that an automatic upgrade for buying(or preordering?) at gamestop?
It is only available at Gamestop and you get the soundtrack and an outfit that you can unlock. It is also automatic.

Dizzle24

Played for about 3 hours. Completed maybe 3 or 4 of the first few missions, then got lost hunting for the challenges and helping strangers :lol Then my PS3 decided it was time to stop by suddenly booting me to the XMB mid-horse ride.

I stll cant figure out how to use the Social Club outfit... I've saved at both types of save areas, and the outfits page is still all locked. Oh and listen to some of the NPC's; funny stuff. "That miracle tonic will make your chesnuts fall off. Watch out!" :lol

WreckTheLaw

Giant Bomb Japanimation Correspondent
Quincey said:

For real. That's like saying "I watched the fist ep of The Wire. Not doing it for me." Some things are worth a little investment.

Unrelated: Is there a way to adjust the display width and height inside of RDR? The far left side of my screen is being cut off on my tiny SD set. That's where part of the ammo count and the horse stamina meter are.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
alr1ghtstart said:
Fucking terrible non-analog run/walk again. This is not 1998.

Why is this so god damn difficult R*? But it sounds like they’re making progress as they didn’t waste the A button for running.

berva

Neo Member
First Things First! Alan Wake is a great fucking game, stop talking shit.

Red Dead impressions so far (360):

Visuals are fantastic, lighting is great minimal slow down noticed thus far.

The game is a slow burn, it takes a while to get into the good missions but the story is great and the characters are fantastic.

Gameplay is great, shooting feels chunky, cover works well. Love the fact that you can take out an enemies leg, then take out his second leg and watch him crawl and try to shot before popping one into his head.

around 3 hours in and am loving every minute!

Anymore PS3 impressions regarding the visuals? I will be picking RDR up in 45 minutes and don't know whether to get the 360 or PS3. I couldn't care less about the multiplayer but the visuals are the most important. My 360 unit doesn't have HDMI while my PS3 is hooked up to my 47inch flat screen. Argh.

commissar

I know if I rent it, I'll buy it. But I cannot afford the cost right now.
It is going to be extremely difficult waiting for a pc port :(

Hope you guys have fun.

Klocker

Tisan said:
I know if I rent it, I'll buy it. But I cannot afford the cost right now.
It is going to be extremely difficult waiting for a pc port :(

Hope you guys have fun.

30% (+10% with Edge card) for trade ins at GS :D

k0ji-wd

aww man, gettin' this mainly for MP with friends but watching that MP stream. . .goddamn it looks even better than I hoped. 3 more days!

Synless

I don't like one game that the hivemind is over hyping and I'm getting shit on only due to the way I experienced it. It wouldn't have mattered if I had played it or not. I will borrow it from him this week and playthough it completely and put my impressions in that thread. You guys just need to drop it in this thread.

Lolligag

k0ji-wd said:
aww man, gettin' this mainly for MP with friends but watching that MP stream. . .goddamn it looks even better than I hoped. 3 more days!
Yeah. >.< I love that you get xp from free mode.

I can't wait for Friday, going to have 5 Playstations going at my house. :D

WreckTheLaw

Giant Bomb Japanimation Correspondent
I found out, on Gamefaqs of all places, that the link to the soundtrack is wrong in the cardboard insert.

If you have your special edition code, click here for the soundtrack page.

Teknoman

Picked up Alan Wake and RDR (ps3 version). Game looks great.

I see a few GAF in the RDR chatroom, so i'm guessing thats the main one.

Shaka

FFS stop talking about Alan Wake. Don't get your panties in a twist just 'cause someone doesn't care for it. Take that shit outta here!
And more in-depth impressions please!

Dresden

Just came back home, had about sixty people, they weren't giving out free shit though.

Installing the game on the 360 hard drive. Can't wait.

Synless

Snapshot King said:
To anybody that put the code in for the Deadly Assasin outfit, does that unlock it immediately?
From the looks of it, you need to do a few missions to get it to unlock. I think there are around six things listed that need to be done.

Top Bottom