• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

JoeBoy101

BattleMonkey said:
20 copies thats all? Best Buys for big releases tend to get in over 100 copies at times for releases. Shit they had an entire cage of Tekken 6

I know they had 20 copies out on display when I went there the first time. No idea what they had in back. I just know the second time around, they had 2. And that's including what they had in back, because he went and checked.

EDIT: Oh, and not to be pissy, but that's the 360 version. PS3 was not selling as well, but was selling. In fact, one of the customer service guys was talking about how he was getting a PS3 copy.

JoeBoy101 said:
I know they had 20 copies out on display when I went there the first time. No idea what they had in back. I just know the second time around, they had 2. And that's including what they had in back, because he went and checked.

EDIT: Oh, and not to be pissy, but that's the 360 version. PS3 was not selling as well, but was selling. In fact, one of the customer service guys was talking about how he was getting a PS3 copy.

They likely had more than that before or in a cage somewhere. Even mediocre releases generally get more than 20 copies per console, and this game has gotten pretty hyped.

The day of MAG's release they had on table in front of store more than 20 copies and on racks in the back at least another 30 or so copies and this was at night or release, I would imagine far more for RDR

Dude Abides said:
One of the reviews mentioned that if you stick with one horse for a while, the horse grows loyal and gets stamina bonuses.

Hope my local gamestop has some copies left after work. Need to figure out if I can get better value with the 30% bonus or the 2 for $20 deal.
Gamestop also does the $40 off for two select titles. I bought a cheap copy of Mass Effect (on the list) and traded it in with Borderlands for $40 off.

Barrett2

Multiplayer lobby is funny; when i approached another player and actually helped him defeat bandits instead of shooting him, he was shocked. Just as we were finishing off bandits in a ditch, some random player walked up and started shooting us. The other guy i was with started shouting into his mic; "not us, you idiot! Shoot them!". In that instant I was in an old west buddy comedy. :lol

lawblob said:
Multiplayer lobby is funny; when i approached another player and actually helped him defeat bandits instead of shooting him, he was shocked. Just as we were finishing off bandits in a ditch, some random player walked up and started shooting us. The other guy i was with started shouting into his mic; "not us, you idiot! Shoot them!". In that instant I was in an old west buddy comedy. :lol
That is awesome. I thought you were going to turn on him like Pulp Fiction-style and unload your pistols.

Mayyhem

I got a code for some War-Horse or w/e. Should I activate it before I start the game? I'm thinking maybe it defeats the purpose of looking for good horses, etc when apparently its the best horse in the game. What you guys think? (btw is it SP or MP related?)

TxdoHawk said:
How's the multiplayer doing? I ran into two issues playing free roam yesterday:

1. Occasionally I would be thrown from a MP session. I wouldn't be able to join a new one unless I restarted my 360 or exited out to the dashboard, then relaunched.

2. I ran into a few instances where my character or enemies showed up as invisible in free roam. I talked to another guy who ran into this as well. For me at least, it seems the problem is more likely to occur if I go into the Outfitter during a session.

Anybody else run into this?
1. Same here. Random dumps out of MP sessions.

2. You've discovered my 7-Eleven Limited Edition Red Dead Redemption Invisible Gunslinger outfit.

Zeliard

Costanza said:
Just got this. Woooo.

Now to decide whether to play it or Alan Wake first.

I have this decision facing me as soon as I get home as well.

Fortunately for me, it's an easy one. Red Dead!

Zeliard said:
I have this decision facing me as soon as I get home as well.

Fortunately for me, it's an easy one. Red Dead!
The good thing about the combo is Wake lends itself well to isolated plays with the whole Episode structure. You can just do one and then it's back to the West.

Zeliard

BenjaminBirdie said:
The good thing about the combo is Wake lends itself well to isolated plays with the whole Episode structure. You can just do one and then it's back to the West.

Oh I definitely plan on playing both tonight. In fact, I've been considering how I'm going to balance the delicious trifecta of Red Dead, Alan Wake, and Lost tonight.

That's what you call one of them good problems.

burgerdog

Teknoman said:
Red Dead in the day/evening, Alan Wake at night. There ya go.

That's easy! I have Super Mario Galaxy unopened, and Alan Wake, RDR, NSMB Wii, Planet Earth and another bluray all coming from Amazon today.:lol

joelseph

Zeliard said:
Oh I definitely plan on playing both tonight. In fact, I've been considering how I'm going to balance the delicious trifecta of Red Dead, Alan Wake, and Lost tonight.

And the Hawks game!

-Buffalo Soldier.

Blader

Picked it up earlier today, only played for about an hour already.

Incredibly beautiful game. Over the past couple weeks, I've played this, FF13, and God of War III. The graphics whore in me is more than satisfied. :lol

Zeliard said:

:lol

Yup.

Teknoman

burgerdog said:
That's easy! I have Super Mario Galaxy unopened, and Alan Wake, RDR, NSMB Wii, Planet Earth and another bluray all coming from Amazon today.:lol

Wow man :lol you've got alot on your plate. Glad I dont have to worry about that till June

EagleEyes

This is absolutely the best looking console game I have played this gen(360 version here). It blows my mind how sharp and vivid everything is. The best sky in a videogame, period. Amazing.

Dynamic3

Ah wtf there was no golden guns code in my case!!!!!

Can these be unlocked anyway or does anyone happen to have an extra one or one they don't want?

burgerdog

Teknoman said:
Wow man :lol you've got alot on your plate. Glad I dont have to worry about that till June

I'll be popping in RDR and AW for a few hours today and that's all the gaming I'll be able to do for a few days/weeks. It sucks and yet it looks like it may all work out, other than SMG2 on Sunday I won't get another game until Reach, unless there's some hidden gems coming out before Halo.

Vinci

Danish
burgerdog said:

Go on vacation from your job, school, family, whatever. Marathon Galaxy first of all. Follow it with Alan Wake, playing NSMB Wii only when friends are over. Marathon Planet Earth. Play RDR till Mario Galaxy 2 comes out. Buy it and marathon it. Once finished, come back to RDR and play it for the next two months.

Ok never thought I'd get another great Western game but fuck yes to this one. Holy shit I love love love it already. My oh my, I can only imagine how good the multiplayer is going to be.

How do I set which type of free mode I enter. I'm already fed up with auto aim lol. I plowed a guy down on my horse and ran away for a long time then got bulleye'd in a second from a mile.

Teknoman

Tokubetsu said:
Can't get the hang of spurring.

Kick a bunch until you have a low amount of blue, then just hold X (PS3). Repeat as needed.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Who gives you the mission for the lasso? You can spoiler tag the answer if'n ya need to.

Ms. Macfarlane

Teknoman

Hey Bob we're probably going to get together an MP posse in a little while. PSN chatroom of course.

Red Blaster said:
How do you win duels? The tutorial only appears the first time and I kind of randomly mashed buttons and got lucky.

Draw with normal aim, and then press shoot on different spots (or the same spots) when the crosshair turns white, before time runs out. I guess whoever has the highest meter on the side wins after the shooting starts.

Top Bottom