• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

feel

Words can't really describe it, this game is just incredible. :O

Western fan dream come true.

I'm doing so much roleplay. Chilling in plains with ma horse, huntin and stuff, soaking in the atmosphere, fuck it's so good.

Interstellar

Neo Member
TheAzRim said:
This is me riding my (invincible)horse in MP right before getting mauled by a (invincible) bear... Sorry for the crappy pic

34ezxcl.jpg

Where did you pre-order to get the invincible horse!!

Sullen

red shoe paul said:
No idea either for these two. It shows the purple circle around Armadillo for Mo Van Barr, but I can't find him.

Yeah. I found all the other parts, but can't figure out these two. Purple circle around Armadillo like Mo Van Barr is there, but I can't find him. And I don't know how to start a duel at all.

Hank The Tank

Neo Member
Dead said:
Nope. There are 2 scraps in Thieves Landing. One you can buy in the Tailor Shop, and another you can find somewhere in the area.

The purple search area doesn't help at all :lol

Its in the warehouse by the water

forrest

formerly nacire
I'm not sure what the issue is, but when I go to change my multiplayer character none of the character models are showing up. That goes for locked or unlocked characters. I've waiting a long time to see if they would load in, but it isn't working.

Anyone else having this issue?

SamuraiX-

Raide said:
Rockstar need to work on a Pirate (Pirates instead of Cowboys) version of RDR. Same tech, all Pirate.

Need to replace the vast deserts and prairies with seas and ports, but yes, I could definitely go for a game like this. Make it happen R*! :D

Raide

SamuraiX- said:
Need to replace the vast deserts and prairies with seas and ports, but yes, I could definitely go for a game like this. Make it happen R*! :D

It would truly be awesome. Sailing the seas, stealing booty and flogging wenches. :lol

anddo0

This game is so00 full of win.. Every time I set out do a mission some random shit happens and I totally forget what I'm supposed to be doing.

One thing that I find rather annoying is skinning animals. The animation has already worn out it's welcome.

Chrange

Banned
TheAzRim said:
This is me riding my (invincible)horse in MP right before getting mauled by a (invincible) bear... Sorry for the crappy pic

pic

Invincible. You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. :lol

Wiggum2007

When I pan the camera around real quick behind me and then stop it, everything on screen gets super blurry for a second before popping in. This happen for anyone else? (360 version)

UFRA

PS3 version questions...

I enter my deadly assassin outfit code "Failed to connect to R* code unlock servers, try again later"

I try to connect to R* Social Club via the start menu, "Could not connect to social club servers, try again later"

Is this me or is everyone having these problems?

Teknoman

anddo0 said:
This game is so00 full of win.. Every time I set out do a mission some random shit happens and I totally forget what I'm supposed to be doing.

One thing that I find rather annoying is skinning animals. The animation has already worn out it's welcome.

Press the loot button while running by and it skips the animation.

You dont start duels, people challenge you. Just listen out for someone calling you out.

Raide

Billy Mitchell said:
that would be an amazing game. hopefully they already have something like that in mind for the future!

:D

If you need some help R*, just give me a shout. :lol

On the RDR topic, there was something I wanted to know. Is it slightly MMO or max 16 players in the world?

MercuryLS

Banned
Fuck you've gotta break another horse? This time its even harder than the first :(

God I want to break the controller, I can't fucking do it.

Teknoman

MercuryLS said:
Fuck you've gotta break another horse? This time its even harder than the first :(

God I want to break the controller, I can't fucking do it.

Its easy, just keep an eye on where you're leaning, then lean in the opposite direction. Now high stakes five finger fillet, THATS hard.

Raide

Macmanus said:
You know flogging means spanking, right?

Why else would I mention flogging in close proximity to wenches? I really don't think I would be a popular Pirate if I was using a whip of ropes to shred their backs to pieces.

Kingpen

Definity said:
I cheated last night in poker and got caught..had to go out in the street and settle it with a show down. To be able to cheat in poker you need to
obtain the elegant suit

This is going to be the game of the Forever for me.

I would much rather waste time playing hold'em or dice instead of bowling/going on meaningless dates like in GTA4.

Macmanus

Raide said:
Why else would I mention flogging in close proximity to wenches? I really don't think I would be a popular Pirate if I was using a whip of ropes to shred their backs to pieces.

I wasn't aware pirates were well known for their spanking fetish.

MercuryLS

Banned
Teknoman said:
Its easy, just keep an eye on where you're leaning, then lean in the opposite direction. Now high stakes five finger fillet, THATS hard.

Fucking hell I was trying to break the horses using the right stick. FML.

I must be on crack, next time kids make sure to read the on screen prompt properly.

jbpaz

This is total horseshit. I pre-ordered Red Dead and i did not receive the special edition from gamestop. They said they ran out and then said the pre-order codes were in the copy, i opened only to find it isnt. Called them back they said they can't do nothing. then, I called up rockstar. THEY CAN'T DO ANYTHING. wtf i'm totally pissed off with gamestop.

Me: I'll just pop it in and play past the intro and get in to it later.

*three hours later*

Me: I'll just finish and then save and get in to it later.

*an hour later*

Me: Oh god I have to quit now must make campsite

Tek

Sullen said:
Yeah. I found all the other parts, but can't figure out these two. Purple circle around Armadillo like Mo Van Barr is there, but I can't find him. And I don't know how to start a duel at all.

Try just walking around the npc at the town, one guy started yelling at me and I walked over to him then it started a duel, guess its random.

Social Club keeps timing out when I try to log in in-game :(

And did anyone else get the update when they signed on today? What was that for?

SamuraiX-

ShockingAlberto said:
Me: I'll just pop it in and play past the intro and get in to it later.

*three hours later*

Me: I'll just finish and then save and get in to it later.

*an hour later*

Me: Oh god I have to quit now must make campsite

:lol :lol :lol

Now this is what makes an awesome game.

kaskade

Just got the game. Already impressed and I didn't put the disc in yet. Big ass map/poster. full color manual, and no sissy eco case. There's weight to this case, something I miss in recent games.

EzLink

Banned
Unbelievable so far. Only about an hour and a half in but wow, this is such a bench mark for what games can now accomplish. So excited to keep playing!

Also where is my amazon giftcard? It didn't come in the package with the game nor did I get an email mentioning it. Will I just automatically have store credit or something?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Please do not broadcast Red Dead Redemption unless/until Justin.tv gets specific permission from Take Two Interactive (check the blog for updates).

Oh wow, you get this message on all JTV Channels. They ban every single RDR Stream, because R* doesnt want EU Players to get spoiled.

Fair enough...

EzLink said:
Unbelievable so far. Only about an hour and a half in but wow, this is such a bench mark for what games can now accomplish. So excited to keep playing!

Also where is my amazon giftcard? It didn't come in the package with the game nor did I get an email mentioning it. Will I just automatically have store credit or something?
It will come a few days after via e-mail

eznark

Banned
UPS guy finally showed up, installing on 360 now.

Feel free to add me i have plenty of room on my friends list, xbl: thekranz

sk3

Banned
Damn you rockstar.

I've been playing multiplayer for less than 10 minutes and first it crashed to the XMB then it froze the entire ps3 and I had to walk over to it to reset it.

MightyHedgehog said:
Great. Cover is a lot better and less clunky than GTA IV, though not quite as seamless-feeling as Gears or Uncharted. Still, completely consistent after getting accustomed to it and that means you should not be hold LT or L2 and then find your target if it isn't on-screen already...that takes too long and because of the acceleration effect, it will swing wildly unless care is taken to control your movement on the right stick. Turning to face and then kicking in the aim/targeting mode is the way...sort of like shooting from the hip after turning to face the threat.

As for the targeting feel, the normal (default) setting lets you lock on to people but only in a generic fashion that still asks you to fine tune the aim before firing if you want shots to hit more critical regions and not just target the cover they are using. It's basically a better-feeling version of the advanced aim mode in GTA IV. Expert is free aim with no auto-locking...and that's infinitely more satisfying, but more difficult...especially with the amount of foliage that can obscure, say, a bobcat about to pounce on your ass or for finding small critters on a desert floor littered with brush. Casual (easy) aiming is extraordinarily forgiving and locks straight to people in the way that the easier setting in GTA IV does. Can't say anything about multi as I haven't tried it yet.

Dead Eye is great...even more satisfying in Expert mode.

Can't get over good this game regularly and seemingly effortlessly looks with its draw distance and lighting (X360 version here). Amazing color (I jack up the color saturation in the display options for a Technicolor approximation.) and equally-amazing soundscape and soundtrack. Phenomenal production quality.

Wow, thanks for the elaborate answer. Can't wait to try it myself.

Teknoman

Damn...lost my awesome wild tamed horse to a pack of wolves. Then two seconds later after scaring the wolves away, I hear "RWAAAAWRRR!".

Cougar.

lol I am murdering the public FFA matches right now. I got my 3 in a row trophy easy. I didn't know you had to unlock the harder matches so it's all auto aim until then.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Got my PS3 replaced on Sunday, and just came home with RDR to welcome me back to the world of sub-HD sub-30fps blur-AA console gaming. Hurrah!

Az987

all good things
Quick question, if you ordered from amazon were they supposed to send you the 20$ gift card or does it get added to your account automatically?

Top Bottom