• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Az987 said:
Quick question, if you ordered from amazon were they supposed to send you the 20$ gift card or does it get added to your account automatically?

It gets added to the account.

Animal

Banned
EviLore said:
Got my PS3 replaced on Sunday, and just came home with RDR to welcome me back to the world of sub-HD sub-30fps blur-AA console gaming. Hurrah!
It's the only way I'll have it.

I think I might Jack up my saturation like mightyhedgehog mentioned. Giving it that technicolor look will make this game even better.

FrankT

EviLore said:
Got my PS3 replaced on Sunday, and just came home with RDR to welcome me back to the world of sub-HD sub-30fps blur-AA console gaming. Hurrah!

I'm almost surprised you went for it knowing such.

kai3345 said:
so where is the soundtrack supposed to be?

Go to the site online from the card insert. Put in the code (same code as the dlc) and it should download. Mine totally messed up on me last night though. Says I downloaded and it never did. Now it just says I already downloaded.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
eznark said:
Did we get any DLC for ordering from amazon? Should I be looking for a code to enter?

There should be a code for the golden guns download somewhere mixed in with the manual and map.

BigAT

It's my understanding that each horse has it's owns attributes, namely speed and stamina. Is there any way to see the stats of the horse you're currently riding?

My first one died after I jumped it off a cliff (totally worth it though, so much fun) and I'm trying to find a solid replacement.

I played the game for about 4 hours (about 2 hours longer than I had planned). Everytime I was heading to one of my houses to save and quit the game, something new would open up, for example
horseshoes and wanted posters
. So, OF COURSE, I had to try it out before I quit. Rinse and repeat this about 5 times.

Best moment of the game for me thus far. Very minor spoilers, but I'll spoiler nonetheless:
I was investigating the disappearance of a man's wife. So I venture out into the wilderness in the middle of the night and I approach the area where the map told me to go. I'm lurking around the area and I notice a herd of about 3 or 4 boars. I decide to play it cautious and not shoot one of them, and merely keep an eye on them. I continue slowly walking around when all of a sudden a boar (that I had not previously seen) comes through some brush and begins charging at me. I panic, but manage to enter Dead Eye mode. In my panic I miss the boar once, but finally shoot it in the face as it is merely a couple of feet from me. I have no idea what havoc the boar would have caused if he would have reached me, but I did not want to find out. Needless to say I finish investigating, whistle for my horse, and get the hell outta there.

Tek

all this joy and praise...so how much longer do we have for the backlash to begin? Who is going to start the GAF Train of how bored they are with this game, how Rockstar failed yet again, Saints Row >> RDR....come on GAF I know you are going to ruin this thread at some point

I give it until the weekend.... :-(

Folks, don't forget to login to Social Club online and go to the Community section of RDR. There's a section where you can unlock 7 cheat codes. One that interests me is the changing of the weather.

I'm loving this game, but seems like Social Club is having login problems right now. WOW for later tonight.

JRW

Sorry if this has already been posted

rdrm.jpg

MMaRsu

Tek said:
all this joy and praise...so how much longer do we have for the backlash to begin? Who is going to start the GAF Train of how bored they are with this game, how Rockstar failed yet again, Saints Row >> RDR....come on GAF I know you are going to ruin this thread at some point

I give it until the weekend.... :-(

SR2 > GTAIV for a reason, a good reason. SR2 probably doesn't have very much on RDR, just because of the setting alone.

Dizzle24

Just played for 6 and 1/2 hours straight... Yeah, this game rocks my face. Only completed maybe 3 missions for "B", 2 for the Sheriff, and a few for strangers.

I saved some guy and he gave me a treasure map and it took me a good while to locate it, but I managed to find it behind "Hanging Rock"

I also now have a few new outfits to wear; pretty snazzy! :lol

There's so much random stuff to do, it's easy to get lost. The only good thing about being unemployed is that I get to have some fun in the awesome wild west.

epmode

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Folks, don't forget to login to Social Club online and go to the Community section of RDR.
I can't log in to the site. I even clicked the Forgot Password button and confirmed that I'm typing the password correctly.

Is anyone else having trouble? I'd post on the official Rockstar forum but it doesn't look like one exists.

Redd

My Gamestop code(360) doesn't seem to be working. Something like it can't connect to the R* server. -_-

Can I put the code in later or I can't once I start a game and would have to restart again when it works?

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Amazing game, dumped 3 hours into it today and i barely did anything.

Unlocked an avatar item by doing a side quest, even. Didn't know that was in the game.

Also found a treasure map that I just cannot for the life of me find the location of. The map shows Hanging Rock and then a rock formation near it, but at least 30 minutes of search proved fruitless.

Cday

Banned
So if I go up and shoot a coyote does it alert people that I have a bounty on my head or are they just shooting at me because they're such decent folk that I lose honor and increase my bounty for defending myself?

BigMack

Woohoo!! Jesus finally appeared at the door with my game!!

Weird, he was wearing this funny brown shirt with brown shorts. Bizarre!
:D

ShockingAlberto said:
Me: I'll just pop it in and play past the intro and get in to it later.

*three hours later*

Me: I'll just finish and then save and get in to it later.

*an hour later*

Me: Oh god I have to quit now must make campsite

This was me last night....... had to get up and come to work this morning too :(

Concept17

Diseased Yak said:
Amazing game, dumped 3 hours into it today and i barely did anything.

Unlocked an avatar item by doing a side quest, even. Didn't know that was in the game.

Also found a treasure map that I just cannot for the life of me find the location of. The map shows Hanging Rock and then a rock formation near it, but at least 30 minutes of search proved fruitless.

So...there are treasure maps and treasure to be found? I may have to get this game after all.

I accidentally selected 2 day shipping with amazon instead of release day shipping. Delivery estimate: May 21st.

I'm not sure what do? I also got the PS3 version, so that is something too.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Concept17 said:
So...there are treasure maps and treasure to be found? I may have to get this game after all.

Yup, I came along a wagon out in the middle of nowhere, and a "treasure hunter" was under attack by a couple of bandits. It said on the screen to save the hunter, so I gunned Dow the attackers, but alas they killed him anyway with a lucky shot. Looted his corpse and fot the map. Gonna try again tonight to find the damned spot.

Dizzle24

epmode said:
I can't log in to the site. I even clicked the Forgot Password button and confirmed that I'm typing the password correctly.

Is anyone else having trouble? I'd post on the official Rockstar forum but it doesn't look like one exists.

"Social Club Maintenance

The Rockstar Games Social Club is currently undergoing maintenance. Please check back soon."

Zeliard

Just did Bonnie's quests up to where you go to Armadillo by stagecoach.

Fantastic so far, and beautiful visuals. Love the sound design, too.

eznark

Banned
ALaz502 said:
The horse controls are fine. I only fell off my horse once and that was the first time I used it. And they made it extremely simple to keep up with people.
Yeah, the follow thing is really cool, but totally necessary since so far controlling your horses speed is a chore.

Teknoman

Wtf...random event with a
guy's friend about to be hung under false accusations
I shoot the rope and he dies? How's that possible.

Now he's crying under the tree, this sucks.

The gunplay feels so much better than GTA4. Not only is the cover system not borked, but the combat feels more weighty. Every bullet counts and it usually takes just one or two to kill someone. Coupled with Euphoria and fantastic sound effects it just feels great.

Anybody else find shooting from a moving carriage damn near impossible?

Chrange

Banned
Out in the wilds and get jumped by a mountain lion that kills my horse. It comes around and knocks me down, but I get back up in time to start running for it. I can hear it coming back at me, so I pull the gun and go into Deadeye while turning around...

It's RIGHT behind me, just starting the pounce. I blasted it right in the face from point blank :lol

coopolon

Loving it so far, although I just got my ass handed to me in poker (is it possible for the NPCs to cheat?) I had full house with 3 8s, he had 3 9s, mother fu...

I agree the horse riding is a mixed bag so far. Keeping up with people is awesome. But I haven't quite gotten how/when to press A vs. when to hold it.

Game looks gorgeous, for a console game (can't wait for the PC release, it will be glorious.)

Top Bottom