• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

I finally got the Best Buy warhorse exclusive unlocked, but I can't find the damn thing :-(. It was not in multiplayer customization when selecting a steed and it did not come over when I whistled in single player.

Tr4nce

ARGHHHHHHHHHHH. I hate it that us PAL folk have to wait two more days. The more I think about it, the angrier I get! It's just ridiculous!

Anyway, was just watching a PS3 livestream and it sounds like one character (don't know his name yet) is being voiced by the same person as Colonel Roy Campbell in Metal Gear Solid?

First of all.... if you own the 360 version - TheApatheticOne - Add me.

Secondly, had an hour and a half with the game yesterday, all multiplayer, playing with about 7 guys from another board, and it was an absolute blast. Its been an incredibly long time since 1.5 hours felt like 1.5 minutes. Traveling with everyone on horseback (or for awhile on a donkey getting left behind :lol ), taking out gang hideouts, causing havoc while all piled in a stagecouch, getting new guns and leveling up.... great stuff. Now, obviously as noted it has its issues, but its day 1. Im relatively at ease that it will be ironed out soon.

There seriously needs to be a RDR thread in the Multiplayer forum.

Nutter

So while in Armadillo? [sp?] went to the theater, game was stuck in the loading screen for a good while before I just turned it off for the night. Any one else experience this?

I have it installed to the Hard disk on the 360.

bathala

Banned
Nutter said:
So while in Armadillo? [sp?] went to the theater, game was stuck in the loading screen for a good while before I just turned it off for the night. Any one else experience this?

I have it installed to the Hard disk on the 360.
yeah happened to me but I was reloading a mission. it froze on the loading screen. I have mine installed too

painey

graphically in the day the game is so damn beautiful, especially the mexican towns.. its a real shame that the towns are so full of life but theres nothing meaningful to do in them :(

ps all the stuff like the hidden gold bars and skins.. is there a reason to keep them or should they be sold right away?

Volcynika

I realize this has probably been asked already, but!

I got my code for the gold guns in the game from Amazon (my copy comes today instead of Friday, thankfully) but nothing about the gift card yet. Anyone seen their's yet?

painey said:
its a real shame that the towns are so full of life but theres nothing meaningful to do in them :(

Meaningful... Rockstar.. :lol

This is what they want to sell, this is what you got.

132%20T%20GAGB%20Indiani.jpg

It used to cost 10$ a pack, and people who wanted meaningful experiences used to invent meaningful plots, the others that just wanted to shoot and kill did it and occasionally became presidents of the USA.

Dries

Quick question: Is that treasure hunting sidequest thingie (where you had a map and had to look for a similar location) still in? You saw it in one of those trailer videos. And how does it work?

JambiBum

So the free roam bugs really make me sad. Friends and I finally tried to play it last night and all the glitches and network errors just made us stop trying. Is the competitive stuff the same way or does that actually work?

Also clyde, if you get on today and want to play some multiplayer just shoot me an invite.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Meus Renaissance said:
For 360 players, add the GAF account so you can all invite/play with other GAF members.

'GAF Read Dead'

I will also be PM'ing the OP to include it.

Is that a typo, or are you just a big fat meanie?

Stahsky

Did I mention that I really really liked this game?

I haven't really touched MP aside from the random game that got me that Viral achievement on my first (and only) kill. Is it bad that I have this horrible urge to join a Free Roam server and roleplay as an angry deputy with nothing to lose?

Oakcliff

Hey, if you guys pre-ordered the 360 version on Amazon and didn't get the golden guns code in the box, I got an email from Amazon with the code.

randomwab said:
Oh shit, Amazon UK just shipped my copy. It should be here tomorrow. Hype!

First Class dispatch? If so, can you take a print screen please. I can email it to my retailer, they use things like that to justify sending it out early

brentech

For those asking, I haven't yet received my copy of the game (pre-ordered through Amazon), but as I just woke up, I had an email from them titled "Your Bonus for Ordering "Red Dead Redemption" at Amazon.com" with my golden guns code in it.

The gift card/cert should be in your Amazon balance should be in your Amazon gift card and certificates balance area.

Stahsky

Meus Renaissance said:
First Class dispatch? If so, can you take a print screen please. I can email it to my retailer, they use things like that to justify sending it out early

can you answer my question please. because if i add that gamertag and end up just being tricked, i'm going to be somewhat angry

randomwab

Meus Renaissance said:

PM'd you a screen. Hope it helps.

I don't like western, I am not an outdoorsy person. I hate horses and I sure as hell don't like guns that are not fully automatic.

I can't put this game down.
Also, the writing and voice acting is at least en par with Mass Effect 2 if not better.

Stahsky

great, now i'm going to have issues spelling red everytime i see this damned thing on my friend's list

Raide

mescalineeyes said:
I don't like western, I am not an outdoorsy person. I hate horses and I sure as hell don't like guns that are not fully automatic.

Also, the writing and voice acting is at least en par with Mass Effect 2 if not better.

Maybe its the combo of all of the above that has pushed you so far over the edge, you have come back on the other side of loving it. :lol

mescalineeyes said:

That's vvery interesting, seriously! I'd like to know what draws you in so much :)

Can you guys spread the message please? And try to remind people "and yes, he did fuck up the account registration and made a typo on it" to those who are interested in RDR here on GAF? I've spent an hour PM'ing some of them.

Stahsky

Meus Renaissance said:
Can you guys spread the message please? And try to remind people "and yes, he did fuck up the account registration and made a typo on it" to those who are interested in RDR here on GAF? I've spent an hour PM'ing some of them.

we forgive you, its ok

Salz01

In Freeroam, when the leader sets the waypoint, should the other posse members see the waypoint path on their mini map as well? I could have sworn this should be happening but dont know if its bugged, and not happening. Because they have to follow me to the point to where we want to be going.

Also, Freeroam is cool, but it will get old fast if they dont add those mission packs soon. So far you can only do hunting challenges, collecting flowers, and bandit hideouts. And we probably did half the bandit hideouts last night before taking pot shots at each other.

Top Bottom