• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Seep

UK gaf got my copy a day early :D :D will I be able to play online or will R* think I'm a dirty pirate and punish me?

daddynorcal

Neo Member
Dead to Rights said:
Same problem here. I've tried everything including deleting the game data, saving multiple times, signing in to R* social club etc, the challenges just don't show up. =(

We're currently looking into an issue that is preventing some players from receiving the Deadly Assassin's Outfit after correctly inputting the code. If you have received a message in-game that the outfit has been successfully unlocked after inputting the code, it should eventually be added to your Outfits menu where you can view the tasks you must complete before you wear it.

R* Support

Repeated for this page. I have the PS3 version, have already put in the code for the special deadly assassin outfit, but the soundtrack wasn't added to download. How do I download the soundtrack?

daddynorcal said:
We're currently looking into an issue that is preventing some players from receiving the Deadly Assassin's Outfit after correctly inputting the code. If you have received a message in-game that the outfit has been successfully unlocked after inputting the code, it should eventually be added to your Outfits menu where you can view the tasks you must complete before you wear it.

R* Support

daddynorcal:how do you access the soundtrack? I have received the deadly assassin outfit but no soundtrack.

depths20XX

Do the herbs/flowers you pick ever serve any use outside of just selling them? The ones you pick in the beginning area aren't really even worth the time since they only sell for $1 each.

Zeliard

Gary Whitta said:
Started it last night, loving it so far.

I have a question about honor/fame. Generally when I play games that let me make good/evil choices like Mass Effect and Fable I enjoy creating the most flat-out evil character possible. Am I going to have a hard time if I decide to go that route in this game?

Also, on another board I heard that Five Finger Fillet is the easiest way to make money. I haven't tried it yet, is there some trick to it that I should know about?

I'm still pretty early on but I'm actually finding it difficult to accrue negative honor points in this game, relative to others of the sort. I also almost exclusively play evil in games that give you the choice, since I just find it to be a lot more fun.

In RDR, though, the missions and side quests you do generally give you positive honor, so that balances out some of the negative honor you get unless you just go all out. My honor scale has remained close to the middle for much of my playing time so far, but again, I'm still early.

And as far as it making the game harder, I guess it does, but in natural, fun ways. If you go around killing people you can amass a large bounty on your head that you either have to pay off yourself, or loot a pardon letter from someone. You'll also be chased by authorities, or shot at if you enter certain towns. Also, you get twice as much money from wanted bandits if you bring them back alive instead of dead. There are effects to the honor system I haven't seen simply because I continuously veer back and forth between negative and positive honor, so my honor meter hasn't been getting up there in either direction yet.

LovingSteam said:
Repeated for this page. I have the PS3 version, have already put in the code for the special deadly assassin outfit, but the soundtrack wasn't added to download. How do I download the soundtrack?

Should be a website on the little card with the code that says "To Download the soundtrack, go visit <insert website here>" and use the code above.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Gravijah said:
What the hell do you do for the first treasure map at
hanging rock? I know it's there, I just can't figure out where, I've been everywhere around it but I still haven't found it.

when coming up on Hanging Rock from Armadillo, go around the backside and look around the large rock that is right there by the tree

daddynorcal

Neo Member
bucknuticus said:
The whole multiplayer keeps kicking me and my buddy and its making the game turn sour on me, its very frustrating.

We apologize that some people are experiencing issues online. We're aware of these and are working to resolve them as quickly as possible.

R* Support

LovingSteam said:

daddynorcal:how do you access the soundtrack? I have received the deadly assassin outfit but no soundtrack.

enter your code here:
http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption/soundtrackdownload/

and they email it to you

Teknoman

LovingSteam said:

Theres a website on the card, just drop the download part off the url.

EDIT: NM guess they fixed it.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Please seriously, is there a downside to selling Rhode's Gold?

Please help please please.

I hope not, because I cashed mine in last night. Also I think I like Duster Coat outfit more than the Deadly Assassin. Dead eye regen doesnt seem that much faster.

eXistor

I have an extra Golden Gun Pack code (European version, works for both 360 and PS3 and can be used tomorrow I think) if anyone wants it. First one to PM me gets it.

Mr. Sam

eXistor said:
I have an extra Golden Gun Pack code (European version, works for both 360 and PS3 and can be used tomorrow I think) if anyone wants it. First one to PM me gets it.

PM sent. If my guns are to be any colour, I'd want it to be gold.

anyone know how to access the golden guns from amazon? I inputted the code, and the prompt told me the guns were unlocked, but where are they??

Zeliard

The golden guns apparently make you gain (or lose) honor faster. That type of DLC is never a good idea for your first playthrough.

Scopitone said:
OK - question about Golden Guns. I applied mine and it turned my two crap starter weapons to gold but now every subsequent weapon I pick up is just normal. Is there a way to re-apply it every time like when I re-summon my War Horse?

Or am I screwed?

It only applies to the first two guns.

Last night some bad guys were chasing me through the badlands and shooting at me and I hadn't quite figured out the aim-while-riding mechanic yet so as the guy rode alongside me to shoot me, I took a shot at him and accidentally shot his horse in the head. And it worked! Why haven't I ever seen that in a western?

Meier

I'm a little disappointed you don't get skill ups which result in more valuable hides, etc. as you progress (at least, I didn't see anything that would lead me to believe that was the case).

-Mikey- said:
Hey no worries. The gang hideouts reset. I think it's everyday or every five days, something like that. But yeah, I've done that about two times already.

Awesome news. Kinda bummed its not like 'captured territory' or anything, but glad that it doesn't count as a permanent mark. Besides, I had a ton of fun storming that hideout - so I guess it's all good then.

Seriously can't wait for the weekend to come around so I can put some quality time into this game.

Shoogoo

What is the right trigger used for? Shooting I guess. But more importantly, can you change the settings and have the left trigger do the shooting?

Teknoman said:
hope not, because I cashed mine in last night. Also I think I like Duster Coat outfit more than the Deadly Assassin. Dead eye regen doesnt seem that much faster.

I did too, just now, but I opened up a new save slot.

For someone before asking about that Deadly Assassin outfit mission I can now CONFIRM that that mission is NOT finished, since I just concretely finished another challenge and it's off my list. THAT challenge is still on it so I bet you run into a...similar situation later.

YAY, GAME!!

I'm kind of surprised to hear how you guys are accidentally getting your horse killed. I've hit the northeast territory and I'm still using the stallion that I tamed way back in the beginning of the game.

Animal

Banned
Red Blaster said:
I'm kind of surprised to hear how you guys are accidentally getting your horse killed. I've hit the northeast territory and I'm still using the stallion that I tamed way back in the beginning of the game.

You just wait till a random cougar comes up behind you and kills your horse with one swing.

Mayyhem

IronFistedChampion said:
Has anyone done the Lights Camera Action stranger mission? I can't seem to find the guy in Thieves Landing. He seems to be on the second floor of the Saloon, but there's no way to get up there. <_<
He was at the poker table for me...

owlbeak

Well fuck me, I'm pissed. I only played a tiny bit of single player on Tuesday when the game came out, got to the first save point (outside the fort) and then went into free roam. Today is the first time I went to go to single player again and all I get are loading screens that never go away. I'm on the 25 minute mark right now....and nothing. I deleted my original save file but that didn't help either.

Gonna try uninstalling from HD...I'm pretty upset.

Update: When I try to uninstall it from my HD it says "There was a problem performing this action". :|

Update 2: Managed to uninstall it...still just loading screens. :/

Update 3: Cleared system cache - no dice.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Time to go OCD before heading to in game Mexico. Bounties to collect, outfits to unlock, gang hideouts to clean up and challenges to beat! :D

Meier

Red Blaster said:
On the first mission, I killed some bandits and then there were a shitload of horses left. I rode one back to town but when I whistled later, my original horse I got came back. How do you tame/claim a different one? Is there any difference minus the appearance?

Also, if I see a horse milling about in the wild, should I kill it for meat (and hooves?) or am I punished for doing that?

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any strategy to collecting the plants besides just roaming around aimlessly? I need 2 more Desert Sage and I was looking all over Gaptooth Ridge for them.

Meier said:
On the first mission, I killed some bandits and then there were a shitload of horses left. I rode one back to town but when I whistled later, my original horse I got came back. How do you tame/claim a different one? Is there any difference minus the appearance?

Also, if I see a horse milling about in the wild, should I kill it for meat (and hooves?) or am I punished for doing that?

I think you have to hitch the horse before it becomes your default steed.

I am PSN=malingenie and I dont get online much but have to admit... yesterday I had the funnest, most memorable online experience in years with free roam on this. Just holler if you see me and don't shoot on sight. I have a skinny horse and a satchel full of dreams.

Teknoman

chandoog said:
Can someone run me through the process of effective dueling please ?

Draw with normal aiming button, press shoot to confirm targeted spots. Guy with the highest meter wins. For more accurate/ better shots, wait till the crosshair turns white, then press shoot.

daddynorcal

Neo Member
DeVeAn said:
What is money for in Multiplayer? I have yet to figure this out.

During competitive games or Gang Hideouts in free roam your score is represented by a $ amount. When you complete these your money amount is converted to XP. You will see an XP progress bar when this occurs.

When you have a wanted level your bounty amount (also shown as $) is separate and is not converted to XP.

R* Support

Darkman M

Red Blaster said:
You started hunting seriously yet? Cougars one shot almost everything. I wonder what the best horse breed in the game is, I bought a kentucky but I think there will be better horses later. Once you buy a deed to a horse you can keep getting another one of the same breed back for free no matter how many times it dies.

Volcynika

I'm gonna have to test my mic later, it doesn't seem to work when I plug it in, should I have it plugged in before I turn on the console? It wasn't my USB ports, I switched it to one I used my controller recharge cord for and nothing. Maybe it's because my keyboard is plugged in too..hmm! Should hopefully be around to play tonight if servers/internet don't act crappy.

Meier

daddynorcal said:
During competitive games or Gang Hideouts in free roam your score is represented by a $ amount. When you complete these your money amount is converted to XP. You will see an XP progress bar when this occurs.

R* Support
This is pretty cool of you.

Teknoman

Volcynika said:
I'm gonna have to test my mic later, it doesn't seem to work when I plug it in, should I have it plugged in before I turn on the console? It wasn't my USB ports, I switched it to one I used my controller recharge cord for and nothing. Maybe it's because my keyboard is plugged in too..hmm! Should hopefully be around to play tonight if servers/internet don't act crappy.

Shouldnt matter when you plug it in.

daddynorcal said:

When you have a wanted level your bounty amount (also shown as $) is separate and is not converted to XP.

R* Support

Hey norcal, do you know if the random disconnect issues are just because of the servers being hammered, or is it something patchable?

Top Bottom