• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

owlbeak

Can anyone give me a good location to hunt rabbit? I've found one or two here and there but they seem to be sparse where I'm looking.

Dead

well not really...yet
Horsebite said:
Can anyone give me a good location to hunt rabbit? I've found one or two here and there but they seem to be sparse where I'm looking.
Around the MacFarlane ranch, there are plenty there.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Hogtying Jenny from the intro of the game and watching her get run over by a train was hilarious.

It was more hilarious when she came back to life to give me a stranger mission.

Dude Abides

Banned
Hmmm...you do have to be a goody-goody to keep getting honor. This dick tricked me and shoved me off my horse, so I lassoed and hogtied him. Then I put a bullet in his head as he was tied up helplessly as a lesson to anyone who might think of doing the same and I lost 50 honor.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Dude Abides said:
Hmmm...you do have to be a goody-goody to keep getting honor. This dick tricked me and shoved me off my horse, so I lassoed and hogtied him. Then I put a bullet in his head as he was tied up helplessly as a lesson to anyone who might think of doing the same and I lost 50 honor.

If you shoot him off the horse, you don't lose honor. Also, whistling for your horse will buck thieves off. That's especially hilarious, because you can then lasso them from your horse and drag them around for a bit. Then you can hogtie them and put them on the train tracks. You can then greet them over and over and over until they get run over by a train.

And none of that will cost you honor.

daddynorcal

Neo Member
Rapping Granny said:
Once question R* dev.

Any reason why free roam character you chose can't be taken in public gang matches?

You will retain the character you have in Free Roam in Free For All matches. In gang matches you are on a set team (i.e. Rebeldes, Lawmen, Marshals, etc.).

R* Support

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Dead said:
Any tips on how to finish the Nosalida standoff between the Mexican Army and the rebels? (part of the stranger quest to pick up a package)

Even if I kill all the rebels, theres no sign that the event is finished, and the mexican soldiers still follow me around

Is there something specific to do with the flaming bottles? I dont like using them because almost every time I do, a soldier gets caught in the fire and then they start shooting at me...
For the Poppycock quest, there should be a purple question mark on your map, at the docks there. There's a chest there, inside is the item you need for that.

But to finish the standoff, I'm pretty sure you've got to
firebomb all the houses marked on your map. Just toss 'em in the windows.
You'll max out your honor pretty early into the game as long as you do quests and don't massacre the townspeople. Don't worry about the occasional 50 or 100 honor lost.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Still finishing up some stuff before heading to Mexico. First of all, I believe this game is a very solid 8 so far. Single player that is. There are many bugs and glitches that get a bit of a pass because its open world. However, they aren't that much of a pass. That being said, Rockstar still shows that they can't get saving right to save their fucking lives.

I'm hunting out there for Treasure #2. This is in a tough spot that if you aren't careful, you can miss it completely and have to take a long way back around to the beginning. So, I set up camp and saved. I came out of the save and...I'm in the middle of a completely different area! WTF?

Also, I happened across a mission with a strange that wasn't like the normal strange missions. This one had an orange X like the normal storyline missions. I'm halfway through this mission of clearing out a hideout and I die. Where do I respawn? In Armadillo. Upteen miles away. WTF. Would it be so damned hard to spawn you relatively close to where you were at? Shit, even at the start of the mission would be fine. Nope.

Yeah, we have mid mission checkpoints for story missions now, but they're still nowhere near where they need to be.

I'm still enjoying the game quite a bit, but these moments sully the experience.

daycru

Any tips on A Gentle Drive with Friends? Despite having almost full health, my horses just sort of randomly die and the wagon then stops running. Or the horses will be cool but I get a game over and "the wagon is wrecked" anyway. The game then starts me back about three years ago.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Question time! I need a few beaver hides for a quest, but I have never ever seen a single beaver in this game. I trolled the swamps and river banks in search of one and still no dice. Where the fuck are these things?

daycru said:
Any tips on A Gentle Drive with Friends? Despite having almost full health, my horses just sort of randomly die and the wagon then stops running. Or the horses will be cool but I get a game over and "the wagon is wrecked" anyway. The game then starts me back about three years ago.

The game is glitched there I believe, the first time I started that mission it wouldnt let me pull out a gun and shoot, so I was trying to out run the guys on the horses but its litterally impossible, so I suggest restarting the mission. Thats the seth mission correct?

Dresden said:
Just got to
Mexico
--32.8% of the game done, 9 hours and 8 minutes of play time. Fast traveled twice so far.

Ya im 13 hours in and almost at 40% havnt fast traveled and ive done a lot of stranger missions and did 2 missions in mexico. Now im just working on the challenges.

Daigoro

daycru said:

be careful, dont overdo it with the speed or crashing into things, use the dead eye and take out bandits.

Dead

well not really...yet
Shig said:
For the Poppycock quest, there should be a purple question mark on your map, at the docks there. There's a chest there, inside is the item you need for that.

But to finish the standoff, I'm pretty sure you've got to
firebomb all the houses marked on your map. Just toss 'em in the windows.
Yeah, I finally got it. I thought the yellow dots were the soldiers :lol

daycru

Outtrigger888 said:
The game is glitched there I believe, the first time I started that mission it wouldnt let me pull out a gun and shoot, so I was trying to out run the guys on the horses but its litterally impossible, so I suggest restarting the mission. Thats the seth mission correct?
Correct. Sometimes it'll let me take out a gun and sometimes it won't. When it does, I can ice the first three guys pretty easily. When I attempt to do so for the next group, I'm informed that my wagon has wrecked despite taking little damage and having both horses. Will try again later, way too frustrated right now to even look at it again.

daycru said:
Correct. Sometimes it'll let me take out a gun and sometimes it won't. When it does, I can ice the first three guys pretty easily. When I attempt to do so for the next group, I'm informed that my wagon has wrecked despite taking little damage and having both horses. Will try again later, way too frustrated right now to even look at it again.

Just go back to that mission later it should work, I was litterally trying to out run the guys for like 20 min, trying over and over driving off road and everything :lol thank god I decided to give up and try later

venom2124

This game is really amazing. I'm loving the random events you run into out in the wilderness. My favorite that I've stumbled upon was
coming across a woman crying over her dead husband in the desert. Just as I was about to dismount from my horse to help her, she pulls out a pistol and shoots herself in the head. I was stunned for a second, then of course I looted her.
So awesome.

imtehman

Banned
speaking of random events, i need some help

a stranger comes and says his friend is about to be hanged for no reason, how do i save the guy that's being hanged, shoot hte rope?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yeaaaaah, I got the costume requirement AND the Ringer trophy from playing horseshoes.

Now I never have to fucking play it ever again. :lol

venom2124

imtehman said:

a stranger comes and says his friend is about to be hanged for no reason, how do i save the guy that's being hanged, shoot hte rope?
Yup, use dead eye. Makes it easier.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
imtehman said:

the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly.jpg

Yes, shoot the rope.

Karud

Who can explain how I can get a new fast horse?
My good one from the mission with Bonnie died (
the one I captured on my own and she told me I can keep it
) during another mission. The game instantly put another one on the whistle button but it is much slower... :( How can I upgrade or change this? Or where can I catch a new one (how do I know what's a good breed)?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Karud said:
Who can explain how I can get a new fast horse?
My good one from the mission with Bonnie died (
the one I captured on my own and she told me I can keep it
) during another mission. The game instantly put another one on the whistle button but it is much slower... :( How can I upgrade or change this? Or where can I catch a new one (how do I know what's a good breed)?

This is the question I have seen most frequently asked. The only real answer I've seen given is to look at the muscles of the horse. I really wish there were another way. My good horse was killed by a cougar..

MMaRsu said:
Why does everybody shoot me when I enter Thieves Landing? WTF?

Shit, I hope that's not because you have full Honor all the way to the right ... I'm heading there right now and surprisingly enough I've been a pretty good cowboy so far and now I can get away with a free murder.

flyinpiranha said:
Shit, I hope that's not because you have full Honor all the way to the right ... I'm heading there right now and surprisingly enough I've been a pretty good cowboy so far and now I can get away with a free murder.

Yeah, it happens because of the full honor. Just put on your bandana before walking into town and you will be fine.

IMACOMPUTA

I'm pretty sure that as long as you dont hitch another horse, after a while *(if you kill your new slow horse)* you can whistle, and the good horse that died will come back.
It works for me. Your horse is dead for a while, but it will come back to life.

Also, from what i've seen, the lighter the horse, the faster it is.
The light tan one that bonnie lets you have, and the light brown one with no black on it are fast.
Gray horse is slow.

Levi

Banned
I've only barely touched this game, but at this point I absolutely hate it. Not because of the game itself, only the fact that I was a sucker-preordered and bought it day one with the only thing to show for it a failed soundtrack download and multiple ignored e-mails sent to Rockstar support.

Fuck those guys. :mad:

IMACOMPUTA said:
I'm pretty sure that as long as you dont hitch another horse, after a while *(if you kill your new slow horse)* you can whistle, and the good horse that died will come back.
It works for me. Your horse is dead for a while, but it will come back to life.

Also, from what i've seen, the lighter the horse, the faster it is.
The light tan one that bonnie lets you have, and the light brown one with no black on it are fast.
Gray horse is slow.

Actually there is a very dark brown (Almost black; considered black in the game) that is one of the fastest along with the Golden pearl, and white ones.

Top Bottom