• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Goldrusher

Fantastic trailer.

And for the new page:

official link: http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption/videos/4681
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o7rES_3ymA
Gametrailers: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/launch-trailer-red-dead/100154
Gamersyde: http://www.gamersyde.com/news_rdr_launch_trailer-9324_en.html

image_red_dead_redemption-12810-1780_0002.jpg

Oyashiro

Wow. I don't care for GTA (or I guess anything that R* has made) at all, but I'm picking this up Day 1. Sounds like Fallout 3 but in a wild west setting. I'm also really liking the graphics... it looks almost cel-shaded? I dunno, but it looks awesome. Can't wait!

The last 10 seconds are so beautiful with Marston's clothes and hair moving in the wind with lightning striking in the background in dark moody skies. Too awesome.

The new trailer is killing me, cannot wait.

Also I had a buddy tell me that GUN 2 was a canceled project from Activision...WTF. I loved GUN to death, I wonder if Activision will ever bring it back?

One thing re: the GTA4-style shooting--I imagine I won't be facing warehouses full of goons wielding assault rifles, shotguns and grenade launchers in this game, which is really when the combat mechanism went to shit.

RavenFox

Banned
WOAH AT THE MUSIC IN THE TRAILER. WOOOOO THEY NAILED IT. You youngins pick up some Sergio Leone movies and then you will understand. Man they should have gotten Ennio Morricone to do the entire score.

Hawkie

For the UK ordering folks a quick list of some of the major retailer offerings atm:

::Amazon:: Pre-order: Golden Guns

Red Dead Redemption 360 £34.99 PS3 £34.91

Red Dead Redemption Limited Edition 360 PS3 £49.91

:: Game :: Pre-order: Deadly Assassin Outfit

Red Dead Redemption 360 £37.99 PS3 £39.99

Red Dead Redemption Limited Edition 360 PS3 £49.99

:: Play :: Buy Red Dead Redemption on PS3 and get The Proposition Blu-ray for just £4.99

Red Dead Redemption 360 £36.99 PS3 £36.99

Red Dead Redemption: Limited Edition 360 PS3 £49.99

:: Zavvi :: Pre-order Mini Brady Guide

Red Dead Redemption 360 £34.95 PS3 £34.95

Red Dead Redemption: Limited Edition 360 PS3 £44.95

:: HMV :: Pre-order standard ed: Warhorse + 800 Live Points (360) or 3:10 to Yuma on Bluray (PS3). Pre-order limited ed. Double HMV points (360)

Red Dead Redemption 360 £39.99 PS3 £39.99

JonnyAvacado

Neo Member
MMaRsu said:
Just use youtube instead of GT, that site sucks anyway

I would man, but its blocked at work...and I really don't want to watch a pixel ridden version on my Iphone....back to shitty GameTrailers for me.

RavenFox said:

What? The whole point of the game is to depict the time when the Old West was transitioning into the Industrial Age. What would be the point of just using the same exact music from the "mythological west"? Shit, why not have the dude score Deadwood while we're at it.

OSHAN

What? The whole point of the game is to depict the time when the Old West was transitioning into the Industrial Age. What would be the point of just using the same exact music from the "mythological west"? Shit, why not have the dude score Deadwood while we're at it.

It isn't like Ennio Morricone only scored Westerns.

RavenFox

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
It would be good music for a good western game. I'm sure the score would have been tailored nicely to fit their needs but with an experienced touch and some epic moments. You make it sound like there was a drastic change that ushered in a whole new style and tone of the sounds for the time. Plus Ennio has dabbled in other areas.

RavenFox said:
It would be good music for a good western game. I'm sure the score would have been tailored nicely to fit their needs but with an experienced touch and some epic moments. You make it sound like there was a drastic change that ushered in a whole new style and tone of the sounds for the time. Plus Ennio has dabbled in other areas.

Ennio's score for the Thing was pretty good as well. Even if Carpenter messed with it a little.

ummo

Banned
@launch trailer, weather FX are amazing.., i've spotted rain, windy leafs flying away.., the raindrops all over the scene.., amaizing...

UrbanRats

OSHAN said:

It isn't like Ennio Morricone only scored Westerns.
The Mission soundtrack also kicked ass.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gonKhSIBP54
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixby9BzJfEo

I remember Morricone, in one intervie, being pissed about people always asking him just about Western soundtracks. :lol

Anyway i think Friends of Dean Martinez have done a great job.. the music in the trailers are fenomenal. :)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Big Ass Ramp said:
Sn4ke_911 has posted good stuff before. I think he more likely got fooled by the picture than trying to fool others.

Thank you Sir, i never wanted to fool you guys.

Definity said:
Shit just got real....

fth44i.jpg

iegh38.jpg

DrBo42

ummo said:
@launch trailer, weather FX are amazing.., i've spotted rain, windy leafs flying away.., the raindrops all over the scene.., amaizing...

Can't imagine how good all of it looks while riding into the horizon on a horse. :D

Spriig

Banned
Hawkie said:
For the UK ordering folks a quick list of some of the major retailer offerings atm:

::Amazon:: Pre-order: Golden Guns

Red Dead Redemption 360 £34.99 PS3 £34.91

Red Dead Redemption Limited Edition 360 PS3 £49.91

:: Game :: Pre-order: Deadly Assassin Outfit

Red Dead Redemption 360 £37.99 PS3 £39.99

Red Dead Redemption Limited Edition 360 PS3 £49.99

:: Play :: Buy Red Dead Redemption on PS3 and get The Proposition Blu-ray for just £4.99

Red Dead Redemption 360 £36.99 PS3 £36.99

:: Zavvi :: Pre-order Mini Brady Guide

Red Dead Redemption 360 £34.95 PS3 £34.95

Red Dead Redemption: Limited Edition 360 PS3 £44.95

:: HMV :: Pre-order standard ed: Warhorse + 800 Live Points (360) or 3:10 to Yuma on Bluray (PS3). Pre-order limited ed. Double HMV points (360)

Red Dead Redemption 360 £39.99 PS3 £39.99

Thanks man good stuff. Im thinking of going with GAME. Which one did you go for?

Ward

I'll be watching The Wild Bunch, Unforgiven, and 3:10 to Yuma this weekend in preparation.

I can't remember the last time I was this hyped for a game. Fallout 3? Before that GTA IV?

I have no doubts this one will be equally as satisfying (even on PS3=).

Cardigan

Wasn't really interested in this game since I found GTA IV to be repetitive and super long. Once I read this thread and watched some videos though, my mind has completely changed. I rarely buy games at launch, but I think I'm gonna preorder this from Amazon ($20 gift card doesn't hurt, either).

Does anyone know if Amazon will be sending out the special edition for preorders?

Falt

Trailer was a fuck tonne of awesome!

Picked up the wild bunch today. Throwing fuel on the fire, it's going to be a long week! (eurofail)

pahamrick

jeffpm said:
Wasn't really interested in this game since I found GTA IV to be repetitive and super long. Once I read this thread and watched some videos though, my mind has completely changed. I rarely buy games at launch, but I think I'm gonna preorder this from Amazon ($20 gift card doesn't hurt, either).

Does anyone know if Amazon will be sending out the special edition for preorders?

Pretty sure the special edition with the soundtrack is exclusive to Gamestop.

Cant0na

Banned
DMPrince said:
so more than likely this game will be terrible but win best story in future game awards.

will buy ps3 version even if framerate sucks ass even if they can't give a straight answer when asked and say it runs well or fine even if there are some technical problems that don't hinder gameplay but in fact it does.

so is it confirmed it plays exactly like GTA4?

as in movement/shooting etc. really want to like this game but hated how gta4 played

There's a simple, but working economy in Red Dead. The closer a town is to the resource, the less a shopkeeper is going to offer for it. If there are buffalo walking 20 feet from the shop, no one's going to feel the need to pay top dollar. But take those buffalo skins down south, where they haven't seen tatanka in a decade, and you can make some real cash.

I like how this sounds. From the IGN article just posted.

Top Bottom