• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
About halfway?
(did about 6-7 missions in Mexico)
through the game and many of the missions simply involve slaughtering 100 enemies. Now this would be okay if the shooting controls were tight and the enemies were larger than 3mm (playing on a 51").

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Marvie_3 said:
Quick and probably stupid question for those that have beat the game:

Since I already know John dies at the end and you play as Jack after that, do your honor/fame/other stats reset in any way after you beat the game?

The change is purely cosmetic, you keep all your items, weapons, stats, honor, and fame.

just started the game as well, and the voice actor for Marsten sounds a lot like Bill Paxton.

anyway Im playing the PS3 version and it looks and plays great. No complaints on that end. It really harkens back to the design of the PS2 GTA games for me, not as bloated as GTA4 IMO. Loving it. Hopefully any PS3 owners aren't being put off by that "360/PS3 comparison" thread and give it a shot.

dominuece

Archer said:
Just started the game. Most of the missions I've had involve rounding up horses.

Zzzzz...

Honestly, I thought the same thing up until I got the lasso. Then I started exploring the land. That's were you see the epicness of this game. For example, I spent 4 hours hunting wildlife last night. :D You will see
or maybe you won't :p

I've clicked a total of three spoilers in this thread, each time letting my guard down thinking "this can't be damaging," and sure enough, all three were. God. I give up.

Haunted

NEOPARADIGM said:
I've clicked a total of three spoilers in this thread, each time letting my guard down thinking "this can't be damaging," and sure enough, all three were. God. I give up.
:lol

EzLink

Banned
Is the social club still down for you guys too? I just logged on for the first time since getting RDR but all of my stats are at zero

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Played online, and I have to say

1. It feels deserted :(

2. Either I am awesome, or everyone really sucks, I think my KDR is something like 12:1.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
So what's the best way to wander around on foot hunting, without being hunted yourself? I can hear wolves and coyotes; but I haven't been able to pick up on cougars.

Tempy said:
So what's the best way to wander around on foot hunting, without being hunted yourself? I can hear wolves and coyotes; but I haven't been able to pick up on cougars.

Oh you'll fucking hear those things, and then you'll see them charge right towards you. Just got the Red Dead Rockstar trophy and I'm quite glad. I haven't been playing online much, maybe I should start that..

Max

I am not Max
Where the hell do you find boars?! I've looked above the MacFarlane ranch for half an hour or more and all I've found are cougars and wolves... Even though there's a boar icon.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Max said:
Where the hell do you find boars?! I've looked above the MacFarlane ranch for half an hour or more and all I've found are cougars and wolves... Even though there's a boar icon.

From reddead wiki and my experience.. Boars can be found in the plains of Eastern New Austin just North of the MacFarlane Ranch, but are in abundance in South Eastern New Elizabeth.

Marlowe

Okay, so I bought the "last" newspaper and one of the backstabbing agents i now retired in a cabin by the lake in Chollo Springs. Anyone find him? I've been hunting so far with no luck.

owlbeak

Max said:
Tall Trees.

Haunted

Max said:
Probably easiest to wait for the third area to open. Same with beavers.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Max said:

29xdrnl.jpg

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So, I finished the Mexico missions. Wow. What a bunch of shitty ass characters. There were only two characters in the entire thing that I gave a tiny shit for. The rest were scum. Not even fun scum. Just tedious, mind-numbing scum.

This was really a low point in the game. =/

-Mikey-

Sinatar said:
Awesome map.

To get the legendaries to spawn do you have to kill lots of w/e animal it is? Like kill tons of wolves to get the named to spawn or is it just a random spawn? Also, when you kill it does it say you've killed or legendary or is it a one time thing like you can only kill it if you have the challenge?

Sorry for so many questions! :p

-Mikey- said:
To get the legendaries to spawn do you have to kill lots of w/e animal it is? Like kill tons of wolves to get the named to spawn or is it just a random spawn? Also, when you kill it does it say you've killed or legendary or is it a one time thing like you can only kill it if you have the challenge?

Sorry for so many questions! :p

I think that part is a joke.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Kintaro said:
So, I finished the Mexico missions. Wow. What a bunch of shitty ass characters. There were only two characters in the entire thing that I gave a tiny shit for. The rest were scum. Not even fun scum. Just tedious, mind-numbing scum.

VIVA LA MEXICO!

Sinatar said:

So there's no Cougars in Mexico? I've only ever seen one and that was in New Austin.... I just happened to look behind me and it's chasing my horse down. The problem is that you can look behind, aim, and shoot, but not keep hammering the A button. He close the gap to about half a second, but it didn't take more than that for me to put a bullet in its head. Not seen another cougar since.

dejay

Banned
I got the game just yesterday. So glad I did! I've been off games the last year or so and have only bought two or three full games. I didn't read this thread but I watched a couple of trailers and it was enough for me.

It actually feels more like a GTA game than GTA IV, only because of the number of glitches :D Still, I love Rockstar glitches - they're often hilarious.

Anyway, the game is epic. I was carrying some hog tied guy back to somewhere and another guy runs up to me and says his wife is in trouble. I was standing there with this guy over my shoulder and this guy was waving his arms in front of me, so I shot him in the face. I was building my honour up but I was happy to live with a hit to it.

Bizzyb

Banned
I Ordered this from Amazon.com Is my $20 bonus supposed to be coming in the mail or is it applied automatically to my amazon account??

Also is it just me or does the map actually seem smaller than what we were told it was going to be?? It really doesn't seem all that much bigger than SA. Note I'm only like 12 hours in though.

Haunted

Yaay, got my outfit with sombrero!

Booo, I can't combine poncho and sombrero. :(

Another outfit-related question: do I have to unlock/trigger something before I can buy that one piece of rebel clothing in Escalera? Because I've done everything else on the outfit checklist and it still says "not available" when I want to buy it.

Kintaro said:

The best part was
Reyes holding his patriotic rousing Viva la Revolucion/Viva Mexico speech in front of a bunch of Mexican peasants in fucking English.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Haunted said:
The best part was
Reyes holding his patriotic rousing Viva la Revolucion/Viva Mexico speech in front of a bunch of Mexican peasants in fucking English.

:lol

No, the best part was (big spoiler)
Louisa appears out of nowhere in the final mission and gets blasted on then promptly forgotten about. Shit, I didn't even know it was her. Reyes would never remember her name!

Again. Shitty missions. Boring characters. Bad writing.

Top Bottom