• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

I tried the gambler's outfit today to cheat at poker. Sadly I got caught three times in a row, so I shot 2 of the other players in a duel and shot another one's gun out of his hand. :lol

Mother fucker! This guy in Blackwater just beat my 3 of a kind Jacks with a full house, woulda got the 2000+ chip hand if I'd won too. Bastards!!!

CaLe

Dunno if it's been asked yet but is there a way to cash out in blackjack? When does it end? I played for ages and was just getting bored so hit B to cancel out of it but don't think I kept any money..

Kaako

Felium Defensor
sw33tclyde said:
Mother fucker! This guy in Blackwater just beat my 3 of a kind Jacks with a full house, woulda got the 2000+ chip hand if I'd won too. Bastards!!!
Did you promptly get up and bust a cap in his arse like a gentleman as well?

Nameless

Asked before didn't get an answer:

Is there anyway to revert back to regular dead eye aiming? I'm not a big fan of the automatic multi-targeting mechanic. Not as fun and causes me to waste bullets.

sw33tclyde said:
Anyone have some tips for cheating in poker? I always get caught.
Just keep the little white thing in the middle whenever you want to pull from under the deck or switch cards.

Anyone else feel a bit pissed that the hunting outfit for the DLC didn't win? I don't even use the Deadly Assassin outfit.

Bizzyb

Banned
Hey Guys, quick question How do I hitch a Wild horse?? I can tame them pretty easily (some are tougher than others) but I noticed after I do so, they never reappear.

Thanks!

Bizzyb said:
Hey Guys, quick question How do I hitch a Wild horse?? I can tame them pretty easily (some are tougher than others) but I noticed after I do so, they never reappear.

Thanks!
There are little posts next to every hideout you own, go there and hitch them there.

Mr. Sam

Nameless said:

Is there anyway to revert back to regular dead eye aiming? I'm not a big fan of the automatic multi-targeting mechanic. Not as fun and causes me to waste bullets.

Just stick with it until you get to Level 3.

Nameless said:

Fortunately it gets upgraded again to let you manually mark targets then fire all at once. Once you get that mode you can manually shoot (once) or mark several targets then fire)

I kinda wish they had just left it at slow-mo manual fire as well.

Sh0k

Once you go to
Mexico
, can you travel back and forth between America and
Mexico
and continue doing side missions or you are stuck in
Mexico
for good ?

Sh0k said:
Once you go to
Mexico
, can you travel back and forth between America and
Mexico
and continue doing side missions or you are stuck in
Mexico
for good ?
You can fast travel in between or take the train.

Nameless

wayward archer said:
Fortunately it gets upgraded again to let you manually mark targets then fire all at once. Once you get that mode you can manually shoot (once) or mark several targets then fire)

I kinda wish they had just left it at slow-mo manual fire as well.

That's [sort've] good to know. Thanks

Bizzyb

Banned
Mr_Guillotine said:
Nope, you can only have one horse saved at any time.

Well can I at least trade? Like say I see a cool White/Black horse in the wild, can I tame it, and replace it with the horse I'm currently using?

Bizzyb said:
Well can I at least trade? Like say I see a cool White/Black horse in the wild, can I tame it, and replace it with the horse I'm currently using?
Yeah, as soon as you break the new horse go and hitch it and then it will be your new saved horse.

Bizzyb

Banned
Grimm Fandango said:
Not yet. They say within 10 business days if you preordered the game.

I did get my SMG2 credit which I also preordered so yeah...

How do we know which is which? Because I pre-ordered both as well and I now have a $20 bonus added to my account but I don't know if it's from RDR or SMG2. I guess if it doesn't say $40 by the next 3 days then there's a foul up on one of them.

Bizzyb said:
How do we know which is which? Because I pre-ordered both as well and I now have a $20 bonus added to my account but I don't know if it's from RDR or SMG2. I guess if it doesn't say $40 by the next 3 days then there's a foul up on one of them.

You can check your emails. Amazon says which game and order the credit is from.

And FWIW, you can't apply credit to preorders unless you cancel the order and do it again.

_RT_

sw33tclyde said:
Anyone have some tips for cheating in poker? I always get caught.

Took me a while to figure this one out.

MINIMAL movements on the stick. I was going far left to far right.... got caught every time.

Now it's just loving taps. Works every time.

Bizzyb

Banned
Grimm Fandango said:
You can check your emails. Amazon says which game and order the credit is from.

And FWIW, you can't apply credit to preorders unless you cancel the order and do it again.

Ok, just checked my email and it seems the $20 credit is from SMG2. Is the RDR credit supposed to be a physical gift card sent through snail mail or is it account credit like with SMG2?

MMaRsu

Nameless said:

Like I posted before but apparently you didn't read it.. wait till you get Dead Eye 3. DE2 sucks indeed.

daddynorcal said:
We're aware of an issue some people were experiencing where Mo Van Barr wouldn't appear. We're working to resolve it as soon as possible. Once resolved, players can continue collecting scraps towards the Deadly Assassin bonus outfit without issue.

R* Support
What if the Deadly Assassin outfit dissapeared from the Outfits section? Is it possible to still get it if you complete all the tasks even though they're not shown?

Darklord

Banned
Talking about Mo Van Barr, whats the bug exactly? Because I'm pretty sure I saw his wanted poster in town and now it's gone. Is that it?

Also, thunder storms in this game are the best I've seen since Oblivion. I fucking love thunder storms in games.

Seanspeed

Banned
Zachack said:
The outfits contain potassium benzoate.
Huh?

2i7mu4k.jpg

"Thats bad."

:lol

Bizzyb said:
Ok, just checked my email and it seems the $20 credit is from SMG2. Is the RDR credit supposed to be a physical gift card sent through snail mail or is it account credit like with SMG2?

Account credit like SMG2 I believe.

soldat7 said:
You can't apply these $20 credits towards pre-orders unless you what?

You can't apply the credit to existing preorders period. You'll need to make a new order to use it.

Say you already preordered Halo Reach and want to use this credit for it. The only way to do so is to preorder the game again (and delete your old preorder if you wish). The credit should automatically work during checkout.

Mr. Sam

aristotle said:
woah. I just saw someone hop off their horse and run to take a piss. I love the randomness in this game.

Seen it too many times. Way too many times. To the point where I'll kill the next person who does it in front of me.

Mojojo

Reached the last region of the game, the experience has been awesome so far :D

Got a question though, might be a bug.. Once, I got a random tutorial ( it was in Mexico area)for protecting/attacking carriages under bandit attacks, explaining that when it occurs, an icon of the attacked carriage appear on map.. But since that tutorial, it never happened again...

Scotch

Just now I saw two guys near the MacFarlane ranch putting crates with TNT on a table, like they were making a little stand to sell dynamite. I went to check it out, and the one guy says something like "be careful now, just a spark could light this stuff up" while the other guy turns around to light a cigarette. Needless to say the whole thing blows up including me and my horse. I laughed out loud it was so random and amazing.

MidnightRider said:
I must suck at treasure hunting.

I got a map with a
noose
on it so I go out to
hanging rock
and never find it :( :( :(

I had a similar issue, so let me help you.

Hints:

the treasure isn't where the map suggests it is.
The map makes it look like it's a fair distance away from the tree with the noose... it's actually extremely close to the tree. And you can't see the tree from where the treasure is because you're between a bunch of huge rocks.

you're looking for a small pile of white rocks whenever you look for treasure.

once you get that one, you probably won't have as much trouble with the next 3 or 4 treasures if you're like me. now i'm searching for one in mexico near a weird rock formation, but they don't really give you a lot of other landmarks as context. so it may be a long search :lol

Mojojo said:
Got a question though, might be a bug.. Once, I got a random tutorial ( it was in Mexico area)for protecting/attacking carriages under bandit attacks, explaining that when it occurs, an icon of the attacked carriage appear on map.. But since that tutorial, it never happened again...

I have never seen the carriage icon nor that tutorial (or I just forgot about it) but I've seen plenty of carriages under attack all over the place. Usually you hear gunshots off in the distance and if you head that way you'll find some sort of fight going on. Sometimes the bandits will have the carriage owner down on their knees about to execute them, sometimes they will just be shooting while the victim is hiding behind their carriage.

KAOz

Short bus special
Quick multiplayer-related question here.

Do you guys have the Marshal section showing in the Outfitter? It should be there, but, I just don't have it. It's been shown before, and as far as I know, they didn't remove it.

Anyone want to help me shed some light on this?

Nameless said:

I answered this earlier - join R* Social Club and unlock the cheat to do so.

daddynorcal

Neo Member
EzLink said:
Don't you have to do all
of the bounty missions though to get 100%?

You should be able to complete all 20 bounty missions despite Mo Van Barr not appearing. Your percentage increases when you complete a bounty in each location, regardless of who you've killed or captured. As long as you complete all the locations (8 in New Austin, 8 in Nuevo Paraiso and 4 in West Elizabeth) you will get the percentage.

R* Support

Top Bottom