• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

soldat7

Grimm Fandango said:
You can't apply the credit to existing preorders period. You'll need to make a new order to use it.

Say you already preordered Halo Reach and want to use this credit for it. The only way to do so is to preorder the game again (and delete your old preorder if you wish). The credit should automatically work during checkout.

^Awesome. Thanks for the explanation.^

I'm almost embarrassed to admit this, but I've logged around 20+ hours and I'm only at 26%.

Archer

speculawyer said:
So, I've seen a flying man, a gun-toting dog, and a donkey woman.

m-night-shyamalan.jpg

Timber

so far the only noteworthy comical bug i've come across is two dudes driving a cart while permanently on fire, taking no damage, paying it no mind, just going about their business, on fire.

came upon one of those one of those gossip campsites where a dude related to me the events that transpired in red dead revolver. thought that was a nice piece of fanservice.

game is fucking stellar. quite possibly the best sandbox action game made yet.

JardeL said:

well, at this point, it just seems like these guys are somehow modding the game. they alone have found the three of the funniest 'glitches' ive seen yet... has anyone else here even seen something like the dog with a gun, donkey lady or flying deer?... the best ive gotten is the horse carts half in the ground... i mean, come on... what are the odds?

Nelo Ice

Banned
thecouncil said:
well, at this point, it just seems like these guys are somehow modding the game. they alone have found the three of the funniest 'glitches' ive seen yet... has anyone else here even seen something like the dog with a gun, donkey lady or flying deer?... the best ive gotten is the horse carts half in the ground... i mean, come on... what are the odds?

craziest glitch i got was when i went to to do a night watch job in chuparosa except the guy didnt come out to give me the job and instead i was transported into the geometry of the world most of the screen was grey, i couldnt move, and the game world looked messed up :lol

Trent Strong said:
I'm finding the lighting kind of weird, so I turned the contrast all the way down. Anyone else messing around with the brightness or contrast?

[PS3 version] I messed around with it quite a bit and settled with brightness at 4, saturation at 6, and contrast at 10.

While it can be inconsistent, I really appreciate the lighting in this game. I adore how there are times when I can't see shit; if it's nearing dusk and there's rain heading in, I'm literally forced to find shelter or set up camp because I can see NOTHING; but then there's full-moon nights where I can even take on missions because I can see fine.

GQman2121

Banned
Trent Strong said:
I'm finding the lighting kind of weird, so I turned the contrast all the way down. Anyone else messing around with the brightness or contrast?

Your tv settings obviously matter, but in-game, I have the brightness almost all the way up and contrast at 50%.

thecouncil said:
I got a donkey man, was wandering around and came across some people around a fire. Saw some guy standing really weird and didn't take notice till a gun shot when off in the distance. One of the people at the campsite jumped on his back rode off in fright, he started making horse noises.:lol

NEOPARADIGM said:
[PS3 version] I messed around with it quite a bit and settled with brightness at 4, saturation at 6, and contrast at 10.

While it can be inconsistent, I really appreciate the lighting in this game. I adore how there are times when I can't see shit; if it's nearing dusk and there's rain heading in, I'm literally forced to find shelter or set up camp because I can see NOTHING; but then there's full-moon nights where I can even take on missions because I can see fine.

Wow, contrast at 10! I guess I'll mess around with the settings more. Low contrast, high brightness seems to be working pretty well though.

daddynorcal

Neo Member
Darklord said:
Just wondering, if you go bad and start shooting everyone up goes he still greet people when you press B or does he say something else?

John's greetings will reflect his current state of honor.

R* Support

Seanspeed

Banned
The sound of thunder in this game is amazing. With the bass turned up, and the sound reasonably loud, it sounds 100% authentic. Not an exaggeration, I'd believe it was real thunder if I was in a different room and it was loud enough.

My biggest problem with GTAIV was there was too much detail in unnecessary stuff. While RDR has the same sort of detail-obsession, it seems that its done in a way that actually compliments the game and adds to the experience.

daddynorcal

Neo Member
Big Ass Ramp said:
Oh, did not know that. So what does he say other than "howdy partner" etc?

You have honorable and dishonorable greetings with a separate set of both for Nuevo Paraiso. For the dishonorable greetings John will be noticeably more aggressive, throwing out the occasional insult.

R* Support

Aurora said:
So are we gonna keep posting the same videos on every page?

Yeah this is getting a little much. Also shows why no one reads previous pages hence last few posts on a page never get responded to in an active thread.

The US Army Outfit. I've done everything but the tailor in Blackwater shows it as unavailable. And I can't remember but I may have bought it already (?). If not and it needs to be unlocked how do I do that?
And where the hell is the Reye's Rebel Outfit: Scrap One? I've been through Seprulco several times and can't find it. Any help?

AnimatorZombie

Neo Member
Slackbladder said:
The US Army Outfit. I've done everything but the tailor in Blackwater shows it as unavailable. And I can't remember but I may have bought it already (?). If not and it needs to be unlocked how do I do that?
And where the hell is the Reye's Rebel Outfit: Scrap One? I've been through Seprulco several times and can't find it. Any help?

It's in a chest along the southern wall if I remember correctly. It should be fairly easy to spot. Just look along the inside the outer wall and look for a small brown chest.

Greg

Slackbladder said:
Go into your outfit screen on the uniform you're looking for, and press the button (it's square on PS3) to track the steps. Go to your map and it'll show you a purple bubble around the location of the piece.

Slackbladder said:
Reye's Rebel Outfit: Scrap One? I've been through Seprulco several times and can't find it. Any help?

Follow the wall surrounding the cemetery. It's against the wall on the inside.

Edit: Beaten!

Anyone know what the second last outfit is? I have all showing except for the one (has the duster coat look to it)

TheNiX said:
Follow the wall surrounding the cemetery. It's against the wall on the inside.

Edit: Beaten!

Anyone know what the second last outfit is? I have all showing except for the one (has the duster coat look to it)

Legend of the west, get 10 in all ambient challenges.

Bizzyb

Banned
JambiBum said:
You can keep all of your horses you break. You just have to go buy the deeds for them once you break them. Once you buy a deed that horse is yours forever. You can call on any horse you own by hitting A or X on the deed in your inventory. Once you do that just whistle and that horse will come.

YESSS!

Thanks Man! Good Info

dragonflys545 said:
Question: Has anyone here pre-ordered the game from Amazon receive their 20$ credit?

Nope. Everyone I know including myself has yet to receive their $20 bonus.

Dead to Rights said:
Please tell me there's some trick that I'm not aware of for Horseshoes? I've played about 12 or so games and I've lost every single one of them!

I suck at horseshoes BUT I know that you have to at LEAST aim first with the L trigger Then make sure when you release the bar is at green. I've come extremely close to getting the 3 points. IN fact it SHOULD have been 3 pts but the game decided it wasn't close enough (when it was 0 inches away). Lame. I've only won 1 game so far.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I love this game. So fantastic. Wish I had more to add, but I have to go hunt down a black horse after accidentally jumping my last one off a cliff after being set on fire by rampaging banditos.

:D

Dizzle24

The wolves in the 2nd map need to be spayed :lol
There's probably 3x the amount wandering around this new map and they travel in packs of 6-8 at a time.

Downhome

Dead to Rights said:
Please tell me there's some trick that I'm not aware of for Horseshoes? I've played about 12 or so games and I've lost every single one of them!

Press one of the left triggers to line up your toss, account for wind. Pull back not once, but twice to "wind up" the toss to get enough speed. Then it ups to you if you want to do more a straight toss or one with an arch. I tend to do a straight toss, release the button either at the bottom line or between that one and the next one.

It's not just you, I think most people have a time with that game.

I've done it quite a bit and have only managed one ringer.

The ending made me really sad.

John defied all my expectations of him from looking at him and the setting. He was a genuinely caring guy, respected women and all that, and more. He was changed man in a bad position. So to have him die instead of his family like i would have guessed crushed me because i grew to really really like him. fuck man, im sad. FUCK THE GOVERNMENT.

Gamer @ Heart said:
The ending made me really sad.

John defied all my expectations of him from looking at him and the setting. He was a genuinely caring guy, respected women and all that, and more. He was changed man in a bad position. So to have him die instead of his family like i would have guessed crushed me because i grew to really really like him. fuck man, im sad. FUCK THE GOVERNMENT.

I feel the same way but,
I really want to see Jack systematically kill the people responsible for his father's death, I kinda feel like I'm in Jack's shoes after spending so much time with John and would love to hunt those guys down. I did not see this twist coming but damn do I feel invested in the story now.

Top Bottom