• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

So I signed up for that Rockstar social club thing so I could go online and check my completion percentage and see what stuff I've missed, but it doesn't seem to ever update. When I registered 2 days ago I was at 82%, now I'm at 87% in my game, but my stats on social club still say 82. Kind of pointless if it doesn't update at all.

AcciDante

ShadyLurker said:
So I signed up for that Rockstar social club thing so I could go online and check my completion percentage and see what stuff I've missed, but it doesn't seem to ever update. When I registered 2 days ago I was at 82%, now I'm at 87% in my game, but my stats on social club still say 82. Kind of pointless if it doesn't update at all.

Yeah, mine's all broken too :( I really want to check what else I need to do.

Pimpbaa

Is there a achievement for buying all the guns in the game? Because I think I just got screwed. The gunsmith (hell all the store owners) in mexico is gone and won't come back.

Darkman M

Pimpbaa said:
Is there a achievement for buying all the guns in the game? Because I think I just got screwed. The gunsmith (hell all the store owners) in mexico is gone and won't come back.

Store owners should re spawn few days after dying.

blanky

Pimpbaa said:

nope just getting one rare gun. Though it might affect your 100% if you didn't buy a gun you could only get there, but i'm not aware of such things and maybe you already have it or they'll reappear. All 5 rare guns can be viewed on social club.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
ShadyLurker said:

rockstar had said that social club uploads the stats slowly

Pimpbaa

blanky said:
nope just getting one rare gun. Though it might affect your 100% if you didn't buy a gun you could only get there, but i'm not aware of such things and maybe you already have it or they'll reappear. All 5 rare guns can be viewed on social club.

I don't have it, I bought the gun and died shortly after (it didn't save in that time) and went back and the gunsmith hasn't shown up for a while now.

Darkman M

Pimpbaa said:
I don't have it, I bought the gun and died shortly after (it didn't save in that time) and went back and the gunsmith hasn't shown up for a while now.

There's more then one rare weapon in the game, so your fine either way.

Daigoro

Downhome said:
Press one of the left triggers to line up your toss, account for wind. Pull back not once, but twice to "wind up" the toss to get enough speed. Then it ups to you if you want to do more a straight toss or one with an arch. I tend to do a straight toss, release the button either at the bottom line or between that one and the next one.

It's not just you, I think most people have a time with that game.

I've done it quite a bit and have only managed one ringer.

yep, it definitively takes some skill and practice. i love it actually, but there is no point in playing it after you get a ringer. no money in it at all.

it would be great to play in free roam with friends though. too bad you cant!

Rikyfree

Mr_Guillotine said:
I feel the same way but,
I really want to see Jack systematically kill the people responsible for his father's death, I kinda feel like I'm in Jack's shoes after spending so much time with John and would love to hunt those guys down. I did not see this twist coming but damn do I feel invested in the story now.
I highly suggest you go to Blackwater and to the train station. There is something there you might want.

Rikyfree said:
I highly suggest you go to Blackwater and to the train station. There is something there you might want.
I went there and did it,
Although I took care of 1 agent what happened to his partner? I feel like enough blood hasn't been spilled.

UrbanRats

Mr_Guillotine said:
I went there and did it,
Although I took care of 1 agent what happened to his partner? I feel like enough blood hasn't been spilled.
Damn, i just highlighted that :lol
The game should arrive tomorrow or the day after and i was just reading the Breaking Bad thread, i changed tab on the browser(i wasn't focusing, just out of habit)and while i was still thinking about Breaking Bad, i highlighted and read it almost passively.. i'm stupid, damn. :lol

UrbanRats said:
The game should arrive tomorrow or the day after and i was just reading the Breaking Bad thread, i changed tab on the browser(i wasn't focusing, just out of habit)and while i was still thinking about Breaking Bad, i highlighted and read it almost passively.. i'm stupid, damn. :lol
I hope you didn't read it otherwise I'd feel responsible. :lol

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
UrbanRats said:

If that's the only thing you've highlighted recently, then I doubt you'll even understand the spoiler enough to really hurt your time playing.

UrbanRats

I read just the first 2 or 3 words actually, then i've punch myself in the nuts.
about shooting a fed or somethin.
But hey, not a big deal anyway, it was because i generally enter thread where i can read spoilers so i just highlight everything out of habit. XD
OFCOURSE it's not your fault Guillotine :D

EDIT: FUCK I've hitted post instead of preview.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Might wanna spoiler up the possible spoiler before someone comes out of the woods with an axe

Edit: Nvm.

UrbanRats

EvaPlusMinus said:
Might wanna spoiler up the possible spoiler before someone comes out of the woods with an axe

Edit: Nvm.
Yeah i like clicked 2 damn millimiters on the far left.
not a good day, it's better if i go listen to some music or stuff.. :lol

Was riding along Mexico looking for a certain horse when I noticed two Mexicans fighting beside the road for about one minute when one got knocked cold, the champ looks at Marston, grabs his nuts, taunts and curses at me in Spanish, this game. :D

dreamer3kx said:
Was riding along Mexico looking for a certain horse when I noticed two Mexicans fighting beside the road for about one minute when one got knocked cold, the champ looks at Marston, grabs his nuts, taunts and curses at me in Spanish, this game. :D

Ha, that happened to me in between Macfarlane's Ranch, and Cholla Springs except they weren't Mexican. Pretty funny.

Downhome

How far into the story am I if...

1)
I am 19 missions in.

2)
I haven't been up north yet, and certainly not to Mexico.

aristotle

ok what exactly do I have to do to get a cross from one of the nuns? I'm maxed out on honorable and I'm in the 3rd section of fame. I don't get it. Even going to the
mission in mexico - las hermanas
does nothing for me. help?

Rikyfree said:
Go explore, find them, map them out, take them down again. I did it in less that 12 hours game time after the first romp.

In one game day? Pfft. I've done Pike Basin and Gaptooth Breach etc hideouts (3 in total) but it certainly took more than a day. I was doing simultaneous missions

aristotle said:
ok what exactly do I have to do to get a cross from one of the nuns? I'm maxed out on honorable and I'm in the 3rd section of fame. I don't get it. Even going to the
mission in mexico - las hermanas
does nothing for me. help?
Just stay in a town for more than 5 minutes, that's how I got mine.

Ember128

Just signed myself onto the GAF 360 Posse thinger, still noobish and early in the game, if anyone wants to take on some hideouts.

GT: Ember512

Fuck the poker in this game. It is so rigged. They give you the perfect flop where you need just one card for a flush or a straight just to make you bet big and then it doesn't come 99% of the time. Then when you get a really good hand the AI matches it or has the one possible thing that can beat you almost everytime. And don't get me started on the 1 on 1 crap where the AI will keep making ridiculous raises just to make you fold and chip away at your chips.

rc213

Ember128 said:
Just signed myself onto the GAF 360 Posse thinger, still noobish and early in the game, if anyone wants to take on some hideouts.

GT: Ember512

What is this Posse thinger?

I might pick up the game this week and would love to play with some gaffers.

SuperSonic1305 said:
Fuck the poker in this game. It is so rigged. They give you the perfect flop where you need just one card for a flush or a straight just to make you bet big and then it doesn't come 99% of the time. Then when you get a really good hand the AI matches it or has the one possible thing that can beat you almost everytime. And don't get me started on the 1 on 1 crap where the AI will keep making ridiculous raises just to make you fold and chips away at your chips.
Cheat, it's the only way.:D

aristotle said:
Tried that many times. for some reason it doesn't work for me. :/
Is your meter all the way filled to honor side? I was in
Chuparosa
for like 5 minutes when one came up. You have to have it filled all the way.

aristotle

Mr_Guillotine said:
Is your meter all the way filled to honor side? I was in
Chuparosa
for like 5 minutes when one came up. You have to have it filled all the way.

Yep. I'm in Chuparosa now. I can't earn any more honor.

Ember128

rc213 said:
What is this Posse thinger?

I might pick up the game this week and would love to play with some gaffers.
You can enter free roam much like GTA 4.

You can also privately team up with peeps on your friends list. You can fight, or form a posse and go wreck some bandits, which apparently is more awesome.

Jtrizzy

Probably going to pick this up tomorrow, am I going to be get raped in free roam/MP since I'll be riding a donkey and won't have any upgrades?

Top Bottom