• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Magnus

Man, just got back and read a bit of the thread and got a hankering to play again, but the TV's being monopolized by the family for 2 more hours. sigh :lol

Does Looting really bump up one's notoriety/harm one's honor? I've been looting everything with no apparent consequence so far. And yeah, he'll bend down to pick everything up, but I just mash Triangle as I run over corpses and it seems to only be a 1-second 'cutscene' animation of him bending down for each loot.

Dementia

okay, so, this has probably been mentioned several times now, but what is the control scheme like in the PS3 version? can you use R1/L1 for shoot/aim?

Mik2121

So the stream got ninja'd right after I closed it, huh? Haha :p

Well, as I said, going into The Ballad of Gay Tony (already completed it, but whatever! :p) right now to get my R* sandbox fix. TBoGT is so damn awesome :)

Simo

The random encounter with the guy being chased down by coyotes was great. :lol

I like how treasures are actually hard to find and covered up unlike GUN for example.

Magnus

Dementia said:
okay, so, this has probably been mentioned several times now, but what is the control scheme like in the PS3 version? can you use R1/L1 for shoot/aim?

No. Bound to L2 and R2, but honestly, wouldn't have thought it was a problem at all till I saw all the hate for it in this thread. It's felt pretty comfortable.

DrBo42

We need someone on GAF to stream the game and have it titled something completely random. Then only invite credible people in the thread/password it. No one is using their head.

Dementia

zero margin said:
Magnus said it was L2/R2 for aim/shoot.
ugh.... has he mentioned some option in settings to change that?

Magnus said:
No. Bound to L2 and R2, but honestly, wouldn't have thought it was a problem at all till I saw all the hate for it in this thread. It's felt pretty comfortable.
well, it's not terrible, but there's a reason that every single other ps3 game involving guns uses R1/L1...

Seraphis Cain said:
Maaaaan, after watching that stream, I'm more hyped than ever before.

Tuesday can't come soon enough.

I only caught the last part and honestly what stuck out for me is how good it looks. Incredible. Oh and yes, Tuesday seems a long way away at the moment.

DrBo42

Branson said:
Hope the Ps3 version looks that good.

Hi I'm from Rockstar Games! The PS3 and 360 versions look exactly the same! :lol I mean it's not like we haven't shown the PS3 version for a reason. Our coding team something yadda, you know, it's technical! We just know that you'll LOVE it! Okay bye bye.

Love, Rockstar Games

Don't ban me

Unless another stream like the 'treasure hunter son' guy's goes up, I'm done until Tuesday. None of these shitty ones do the game justice like his did. So hyped now, fuck.

soldat7

Zeliard said:
Han Solo eviscerating a Tauntaun.

149bhc6.jpg

I keep missing the streams dang it.

shwimpy

Magnus said:

Yeah, I don't mind it either. Are you using RealTriggers?

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Dementia said:
ugh.... has he mentioned some option in settings to change that?

well, it's not terrible, but there's a reason that every single other ps3 game involving guns uses R1/L1...
I wish it was every single other game on the PS3. Lost Planet 2 has no R1/L1, Red Faction neither.

Just Cause 2 has it as default, but it's customizable! So that's cool.

sw33tclyde said:
Unless another stream like the 'treasure hunter son' guy's goes up, I'm done until Tuesday. None of these shitty ones do the game justice like his did. So hyped now, fuck.

Seriously. THAT was Red Dead Redemption in a span of about 10 minutes. From the horse lassoing in the sunset, to setting up camp, to the treasure hunting, to the random events in the dead of night, and skinning animals to top it all off. I didn't think I could get any more hyped, but that was great stuff.

DrBo42 said:
Hi I'm from Rockstar Games! :D The PS3 and 360 versions look exactly the same! :D I mean it's not like we haven't shown the PS3 version for a reason. :D Our coding team something yadda, you know, it's technical! :D We just know that you'll LOVE it!:D Okay bye bye. :D

Love, Rockstar Games :D

fixed

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
a streamer just got this achievement:

Dastardly
Place a hogtied woman on the train tracks, and witness her death by train.

:lol

WreckTheLaw

Giant Bomb Japanimation Correspondent
Sn4ke_911 said:
a streamer just got this achievement:

Dastardly
Place a hogtied woman on the train tracks, and witness her death by train.

:lol

Can you PM me the stream? Just saw two more get pulled.

Downhome

Ugh, the two streams I was watching went down also. If you guys fine one, please PM me as well.

I just can't get enough of this game. I have it on preorder from Amazon and I'm tempted to just go buy it the day it comes out since I may not get it from Amazon until after a week past release date.

evil ways

Overlee said:
Just placed my pre-order with amazon, had to go with the free super saver shipping too.

:-(
Weird, my order still says it ships the 19th. Maybe too many pre-orders on release day and yours goes out on the 2nd batch.

Alex

This game is getting a few of my chums into westerns, which I am thankful for. Not a lot of folks much into the genre nowadays, I adore them.

Downhome said:
I have it on preorder from Amazon and I'm tempted to just go buy it the day it comes out since I may not get it from Amazon until after a week past release date.

I never order highly anticipated new releases online for that reason. I'd rather pay an extra $20 and have it at midnight, than chance it coming a few days late. I had a prime trial and ordered tons of books with it, and shipping was fast, but I don't mind paying full price for RDR.

Assuming you can pull up the bandana on your face anytime you gather too much heat yeah? As in not having to actually go "change" into it. Anyone know for certain?

Top Bottom