• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Dresden

The game looks stunning. Shooting and running and stuff all look kind of funky, but goddamn, THAT VIEW.

I'm going to have fun just riding around the desert.

The_Reckoning said:
When he loots corpses on the latest ustream feed, he crouches over and the camera cuts to a different angle for a second while he loots. Just doesn't make sense to me. It's a nitpick, but still bugs me. Don't remember that from GTA.

Ammo picks up, just by walking over. But to check the corpse for money etc. Watching on my iPhone, so he may be doing something more. Not sure, just saw someone else comment on it, and I echoed the annoyance.

It's like a 3 second scene, and looting is a crime so I doubt you'll be doing it every 5 seconds anyway.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
WARNING: don't read the Ustream chat. Fuckers are spoiling key parts of the game there. I realize the stream itself is a huge spoiler, but you probably don't want the entire game spoiler for you like that.

Zeliard said:
Wow, was that random or scripted? :lol

That was crazy awesome

Mik2121

Any stream with someone just walking around doing random stuff instead of the story mode? I don't wanna spoil any cut-scene but I would not mind seeing a bit of the environments :p

Zeliard

Camper182 said:
yep :D but awesome

There's no need for a "but" there, haha. The fact that it was random is what makes it especially cool. Bunch of
crazy fuckers on horses just running through town.
:lol

I guess Rockstar wasn't kidding around when they said random stuff would be happening in the game world. That was really great, especially with the whole Western theme and feel. The Wild West indeed.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Net_Wrecker said:
What's this "scripted or not" moment everyone saw that I missed?:lol

a bunch of drunk bandits came riding through town shooting into the air, scaring everybody off. It was really unexpected and cool.

MercuryLS

Banned
Jtyettis said:
Man some incredible vistas.

Seriously, this game has crazy atmosphere out the ass.

I've been waiting for a truly AAA cowboy game ever since I played Outlaw for the PC back in the late 90's. Thank you R* for making it happen.

What's so remarkable about the game, visually, is how well integrated everything is. It's really amazing. The shadows, the lighting, animation, everything. Just amazing.

Zeliard

BenjaminBirdie said:
What's so remarkable about the game, visually, is how well integrated everything is. It's really amazing. The shadows, the lighting, animation, everything. Just amazing.

Yeah. Very coherent. Rockstar artists are awesome. I thought GTAIV was artistically gorgeous as well - its visuals were held back on the technical end.

And much like in GTAIV, sunset is just spectacular here. I love the lighting in these RAGE engine games.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Wow. Is that the real soundtrack?

Yeah, I am done watching streams unless a PS3 one comes up. From what I have heard so far, the soundtrack is pretty awesome! It being included in the GS SE will be sweet!

Jesus, the sun going down behind the mountains is fucking amazing looking. My jaw hit the floor.

Also people are saying no lasso for the MP, is this true?

Zeliard said:
Yeah. Very coherent. Rockstar artists are awesome. I thought GTAIV was artistically gorgeous as well - its visuals were held back on the technical end.

And much like in GTAIV, sunset is just spectacular here. I love the lighting in these RAGE engine games.

Same here. Shit, I think I'll just make it a Deadwood/GTAIV weekend. I am still so far from 100% it's not even funny.

:D

Zeliard

BenjaminBirdie said:
Same here. Shit, I think I'll just make it a Deadwood/GTAIV weekend. I am still so far from 100% it's not even funny.

:D

I've been playing Lost & Damned recently on PC actually. I love it (in fact, I was just about to hop back into it!). Martson's VA reminds me a lot of Johnny's, actually.

Edit: lol, I love how these random bloodcurdling screams just ring out.

Edit 2: HOLY FUCKING shit some random dude
is being chase by coyotes. :lol :lol

Holy shit! I am done with streams until Tuesday.. the nightime looked so amazing when he found the gold and then that "other thing" happened..

Mik2121

Fffffffffff... I couldn't help but watch that last stream. I only got to see the moon (amazing!), him finding some treasure somewhere, and someone being chased by some coyotes and ending up killing the guy himself :lol :lol

I'm booting up TBoGT right now, to get my fix of R* sandbox :p

Top Bottom