• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

I just stumbled upon some interesting info from the reddead.net forums. Someone streaming pulled up the cheat menu and a clever poster screenprinted it. Here's the list of cheats they could decipher from the shit quality stream:

Invincibility
Infinite Dead Eye
Infinite Horse Stamina
Infinite Ammo
Every Shot Counts
Money
Donkey Rider
Horse
Coach
Diplomatic Immunity
Increase Bounty
Decrease Bounty
Clear Bounty
Gun Set 1
Gun Set 2
Gun Set 3
Gun set 4
Punchout
Famous?
???
Good Guy
Bad guy
So So Guy
Change Weather
Beast Master
???
Old School.
Guns Blazing.
???
???
Sharp Dressed Man
Man In Uniform
???
Lewis And Clark
Jack Attack
Right To Bear Arms.
???

The names don't really spoil anything, but I don't want to ruin it for anyone.

Oh and for all of you guys looking for streams, they have a section of their forums dedicated to that so head over there.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
They can't ban you if you have a legitimate paid copy, I have no idea why that's ever a fear with people.

Damn you GAF and your streams. I was set on not being interested in this game on account of not getting hooked by GTA4 but your stupid streams made me pre-order.

Damn you.

Edgeward

itsnervedamage said:
Damn you GAF and your streams. I was set on not being interested in this game on account of not getting hooked by GTA4 but your stupid streams made me pre-order.

Damn you.

I am seriously on the verge of doing the same. =\

Magnus

Papercuts said:
They can't ban you if you have a legitimate paid copy, I have no idea why that's ever a fear with people.

It's a reasonable, if not well-founded fear. Reasonable to assume you might get punished for doing something associated with breaking the rules (having the game early).

BTW, I am destined to use my RDR disc more as a coaster this weekend than actually play it. Everyone wants to watch the SNL finale, so no game for me till 1am. :lol

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Magnus said:
It's a reasonable, if not well-founded fear. Reasonable to assume you might get punished for doing something associated with breaking the rules (having the game early).

BTW, I am destined to use my RDR disc more as a coaster this weekend than actually play it. Everyone wants to watch the SNL finale, so no game for me till 1am. :lol

Eh, the store broke the rules, not you. They wouldn't be able to get away with banning people for getting lucky. :p

The cheats sound pretty standard, although I will probably be using
change weather often. I want a constant overcast to go with my spree of crime.

neoism

holy shit, I just seen the introduction of the game( I've haven't seen anything else).... I buying this tomorrow.:lol :lol Which version is better, and is there a PC version
shit I thought it was out already...

neoism said:
holy shit, I just seen the introduction of the game( I've haven't seen anything else).... I buying this tomorrow.:lol :lol Which version is better, and is there a PC version

No PC version, and nothing announced for PC for the foreseeable future.

LiquidMetal14 said:
Likely BUT the impressions put things in question.

The only thing the impressions tell me is that the PS3 version turned out well. Just looking at history, there is an overwhelming chance that the 360 version is just as good, if not better.

Heres something funny that just happened to me:

I stole a horse with a carriage on the back and took it for a spin.
Well while out riding I decided to cross over some train tracks and when I attempted to do so the whole thing just buckled and flipped over lol. Killed the horse and broke the carriage.

I guess I should of tried it slower or at a road crossing bit which has the ground leveled.

-Also a really nice touch Ive noticed is that on the map they show the position of the train and where it is which is very helpfull.

neoism

also I know this is olllld(1800's) but is horse the only way of travel, because if its twice the size of SA.. :O

Loudninja

I NEED SCISSORS said:
The only thing the impressions tell me is that the PS3 version turned out well. Just looking at history, there is an overwhelming chance that the 360 version is just as good, if not better.

Sounds the same, the issues mention for the Ps3 was mention for the 360 as well.

Munin

Can someone who played it tell me something about the interaction with trains because I kind of got a fetish with this :lol I never liked how in GTA you can't actually walk around on the inside of trains while riding them. I loved you could do this in Mafia. So...can you do it here?

Risette

A Good Citizen
neoism said:
also I know this is olllld(1800's) but is horse the only way of travel, because if its twice the size of SA.. :O
There's a Model T Ford in the game but I've heard that Marston can't drive it. It's set in the early 1900s :D

Munin said:
Can someone who played it tell me something about the interaction with trains because I kind of got a fetish with this :lol I never liked how in GTA you can't actually walk around on the inside of trains while riding them. I loved you could do this in Mafia. So...can you do it here?

I saw a stream yesterday where the guy shot the conductor and hopped on the train, then proceeded to pistol whip all of the old ladies in the cabin. You can definitely explore the insides of the train, but I'm unsure if Marston can drive the train. Oh and there are ladders to get on top of the train. :D

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I NEED SCISSORS said:
You act as if the exclusive tophat doesn't exist.

screenshot_231414.jpg

I mean, look at that. How awesome is that.

Anyone who's watched streams or has played the game have you noticed if there is any houses or businesses you can buy? So far it all seems like rooms inside inns.

Munin

sw33tclyde said:
I saw a stream yesterday where the guy shot the conductor and hopped on the train, then proceeded to pistol whip all of the old ladies in the cabin. You can definitely explore the insides of the train, but I'm unsure if Marston can drive the train. Oh and there are ladders to get on top of the train. :D

But, the question is can you actually still walk around on the train while it's running from A to B? Or only when stopped? :(

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Munin said:
But, the question is can you actually still walk around on the train while it's running from A to B? Or only when stopped? :(

Yes you can

DrBo42

zero margin said:
Anyone who's watched streams or has played the game have you noticed if there is any houses or businesses you can buy? So far it all seems like rooms inside inns.
Wondering the same thing. I've only seen rooms as well. That makes me sad.

After playing GTAIV on 360 again today... It's butt ugly. The iq is really an insult to my eyes.

Ign was right :(

So I'm still very undecided on which version to get :lol

abundant

sw33tclyde said:
To add to this post... I watched a stream today where someone rode alongside a moving train while on horseback. When they got close enough, a button prompt popped up allowing John Marston to jump aboard the moving train.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
schennmu said:
After playing GTAIV on 360 again today... It's butt ugly. The iq is really an insult to my eyes.

Go with the top hat, exclusive hideout version (PS3). Even if PS3 has a lower texture or slightly lower res (which no one has mentioned), the performance will be the same. But damn if you let yourself miss out on that sweet ass hat /crickets

MercuryLS

Banned
schennmu said:

I'm thinking I'll just get the PS3 version, having to constantly mash down the A button on the X360 pad hurts after a while (GTAIV proved this). Why MS used those weird protruding hard plastic buttons I'll never know.

abundant said:
To add to this post... I watched a stream today where someone rode alongside a moving train while on horseback. When they got close enough, a button prompt popped up allowing John Marston to jump aboard the moving train.

Oh shit, awesome!

Also @ the guy talking about the PS3 exclusive, the tophat isn't confirmed to be the outfit. R* still hasn't commented on it, and the picture is not Marston.

chubigans said:
You act as if the exclusive tophat doesn't exist.

http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screnshot_231414.jpg[/IG]

I mean, look at that. How awesome is that.[/QUOTE]

I have to admit, it does look mighty sexual. Triggers for shoot and my 360 say no, but my hips cry proceed.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
schennmu said:

I was playing GTA4 last night. The graphics really haven't withstood the test of time very well. I didn't realize it was that blurry with that much pop-in.

LiquidMetal14 said:
Go with the top hat, exclusive hideout version (PS3). Even if PS3 has a lower texture or slightly lower res (which no one has mentioned), the performance will be the same. But damn if you let yourself miss out on that sweet ass hat /crickets

I'm tending towards PS3, yes. Will definitely wait for framerate comparisons though.

Or maybe I'll be stupid enough to buy both version, just like with GTA.

Top Bottom