• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

CoilShot

Count of Monte Sawed-Off said:
Getting both this and Alan Wake on Tuesday. Alan Wake will have to wait a long fucking time before it gets any play.

Im getting them both also but I will be playing RDR first :D

Sabotage

A Fistful of Dollars in case you didn't know...

1zoj1iv.gif

2j3l9vb.gif

x0zdid.gif

2cqmiqw.gif

fp9gef.jpg

2jbv5zc.gif

mujun

Resolution talk (reasonable talk that is) is fair game if the Alan Wake thread is anything to go by.

Hopefully someone will get confirm this shit soon so we can put an end to the endless speculation which will no doubt ruin this thread.

Clay Davis said:
Welcome to last month in the Alan Wake thread when a mod (can't remember who) made it clear that talking about resolution was a valid topic/free pass to troll the game.

:/
Well, it isn't trolling just because you don't like what's being said. Man up, buy the game you want to buy, tilt that pimp hat and say I DON'T GIVE A FUCK WHAT YOU THINK!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
BobTheFork said:
SO for the last week We've had a few videos of the ps3 version pop up and everyone thought it was ok. We even had a few reviewers who played it say yeah it ran great and looked really good and that was enough to stop infectious retardation from spreading. All it took was a junior commenting on single blurred off screen shot that looks like the guy has a SD tube screen and...this.
Seriously, the PS3 off screen caps look like their off a tube TV. While the supposed direct screen off 360 version is Gods will. And like typical GAF, some run with it like its the bible. Who really cares in the end since we all dealt with the "inferior" GTA4 on PS3 despite it being lower res. But the fact of the matter is that it's all speculative at this point to assume things. And it's shit up the thrread real nicely :/

As for the one who wanted a comparison thread, hell no. Not with the crap off screen screen caps and God sent direct 360 shots. It would be stupid.

Cobra84

lagoonalight said:
Fine, then what is this thread about? Illegal streams? Jesus.
I'm not sure what was illegal about the streams; the sites just take them down to avoid problems, not because they are really illegal. Just another blatant misuse and abuse of the DMCA.

Would a video of me playing Monopoly get taken down?

BobTheFork said:
Well, it isn't trolling just because you don't like what's being said. Man up, buy the game you want to buy, tilt that pimp hat and say I DON'T GIVE A FUCK WHAT YOU THINK!

Yep, will be buying the PS3 version but it's disappointing that res talk isn't nipped in the bud as soon as it's brought it. It ruined the AW thread (anyone dare talk about how good it looks and they'd be pounced upon).

Anyway, looks mighty fine.

Any word if the PS3 exclusive DLC will be making its way to the EU/UK?

There is nothing inherently wrong in talking about resolutions of games. It's just that it has become one of the triggers for fanboy flames in the past, evoking the whole X console being superior to Y console" nonsense, as if anyone outside Internet forums gives a damn. There are some people who can talk about it in a mature manner without sinking the keys on their keyboard to the ground. Eventually it'll just die away and leave the rest of us to actually talk about the content of the game

raviolico

dear god....scale, atmosphere, immersion factor, general presentation...everything is just so damn incredible amazing.

maybe someday R* delivers a medievale fantasy opus of this magnitude.
that day would be the day of my gaming life. imagine a free roaming,
tolkien-esque world with this production values and mature attitude.

anyone from R* reading this? please make this happen.

Lakitu

st5fu
raviolico said:
dear god....scale, atmosphere, immersion factor, general presentation...everything is just so damn incredible amazing.

More like a Cyberpunk game please.

Truant

Motion blur
Depth of field
Dynamic shadows
You can loot enemies
Open world without loading
Foliage moves when wind and characters pass through it

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

It's everything I need.

Meus Renaissance said:
I guarantee you if there was no audience, just one person, they wouldn't laugh at all or try to record it in glee. It's what the Internet does to people.

..you don't like nuns getting exploded by trains?

sw33tclyde said:
..you don't like nuns getting exploded by trains?

I don't find the idea of specifically choosing a nun in this context and placing her on a railtrack particularly amusing or interesting. I'm not against exploring a game and see what can be done, but finding examples like that funny? Mm, nope

Aspiring

Oh shit. I said i would wait but that intro sold me. Fuck it, i just pre-ordered from playasia. Fingers crossed i like it. Amazing intro.

Yoshi256

Banned
CozMick said:
Seriously, Is the 360 version the only platform that has been leaked?

Or are they ALL pirated?

Surely someone on this planet that has a capture card/camera/phone and owns the PS3 version has posted gameplay footage. :lol

There's no piracy on PS3 and the Gameshop owners don't want to risk trouble.

raviolico

mujun said:
Madmax please. You have to hunt for your food and start a new civilization. Also scavenge parts to make vehicles.

oh yes!

so... fantasy, cyberpunk, road warrior - it´s up to the house of the Housers.

BobTheFork said:
SO for the last week We've had a few videos of the ps3 version pop up and everyone thought it was ok. We even had a few reviewers who played it say yeah it ran great and looked really good and that was enough to stop infectious retardation from spreading. All it took was a junior commenting on single blurred off screen shot that looks like the guy has a SD tube screen and...this.

This.

I agree completely. Amazing.
I've played the PS3 version. Nothing like the posted screenshot.

Tr4nce

I didn't want to give it any kind of attention, but fuck it. A few pages back I bailed out because of the 360/PS3 questions/discussions, and now it's getting all out of hand, and it has fucked this thread up, real badly. I feel sorry for Goldrusher, creating a wonderful thread like this, but GAF manages to ruin it again. Can we have one thread, where we leave out the console differences talk please? Fucking hell, it's always the same shit.

Barrett2

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Are we meant to be getting an 'exclusive' and completely hyperbolic IGN review today??

For some reason I thought they might be releasing theirs early.

But will it be an Oscar worthy review?

Meus Renaissance said:
I guarantee you if there was no audience, just one person, they wouldn't laugh at all or try to record it in glee. It's what the Internet does to people. How anyone can find that funny is beyond me
I disagree. I would laugh at that playing alone in my house. It's not because the death is actually funny, it's just so out-there and unexpected and a bit over-the-top so I can't take it seriously. I laughed my ass off during the First Solider of Fortune game for he same reason.

As if it helps when everybody is like AMAZING, WOW, OMG GOTY contender and the PS3 people are stuck with a smeary mess with no doubt more tearing, no AA, etc.

Great if you think no big deal. Many do think it quite a big deal. Just saying.

Ahh man I hoped there would be a separate comparison thread for this shit, just like FFXIII. Way better and the people who wanted to discuss that stuff and dissect Digital Foundry shit could go to that thread.

GAF. I hate it, but I love it.

Just watched the duel footage, pretty awesome. If someone could make a Han vs. Greedo mod with these mechanics I would joy all over my screen :lol

Feindflug

godhandiscen said:
It's a poorly faked meltdown though. The guy is clearly an alt account. Look at the posts, first he says the 360 is a turd, then he says he loves the 360... he is inconsistent.

lagoonalight said:
(meltdown continues)

How is the ******* CELL not a maverick CPU? The thing basically does everything because the GPU is worthless. Talk about your DAD bailing you out of jail when you get caught soliciting a gay prostitute.

I guess you're right...:lol

mujun

Tr4nce said:
I didn't want to give it any kind of attention, but fuck it. A few pages back I bailed out because of the 360/PS3 questions/discussions, and now it's getting all out of hand, and it has fucked this thread up, real badly. I feel sorry for Goldrusher, creating a wonderful thread like this, but GAF manages to ruin it again. Can we have one thread, where we leave out the console differences talk please? Fucking hell, it's always the same shit.

Isn't it just the natural evolution of any thread for a major game. People are excited about the game so they'll entertain talk about pretty much any aspect of it. All this shit will be long forgotten in a couple of days when everybody has the game themselves and the facts come out.

Gorgon

raviolico said:

Cyberpunk and Pirates themed game, please. Enough derivative fantasy shit already on the market.

Denzar

StevePharma said:
Ahh man I hoped there would be a separate comparison thread for this shit, just like FFXIII. Way better and the people who wanted to discuss that stuff and dissect Digital Foundry shit could go to that thread.

GAF. I hate it, but I love it.

Just watched the duel footage, pretty awesome. If someone could make a Han vs. Greedo mod with these mechanics I would joy all over my screen :lol

Atmosphere and graphics in the duel were amazing.

Also, we would finally know who shot first... Han or Greedo. :lol

Tr4nce said:

Yeah that would be nice.

Pooya

Gorgon said:
Cyberpunk and Pirates themed game, please. Enough derivative fantasy shit already on the market.
this, there is none really, I think it has a huge appeal (see success of PoC movies) but no one has attempted to make one this gen.

mujun

miladesn said:
this, there is none really, I think it has a huge appeal (see success of PoC movies) but no one has attempted to make one this gen.

I was looking forward to Captain Blood on the 360 though it seems to have disappeared. Is that Pirates of the Caribbean RPG still coming out?

raviolico

Gorgon said:

don`t underestimate the R* stamp on it.
show my one open world fantasy game that is as competent, big budgeted
in terms of technology and immersive calibre as the GTA4/RDR gameworld.

Top Bottom