• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

FrankT

MazingerDUDE said:
img20100516183425.jpg

720P 2 x MSAA

Now that is impressive. I see things really blew up in here heh.

lagoonalight said:
Seriously, you guys have gone off the the deep end with how great this game looks, frothing like you are 10 years old. Does it look great (on the 360 and of course gimped from full on nirvana like always) sure it does. Is it so much better than anything else (on the PS3) not so much. I am sure it is a pretty damn good game but when it's subHD with no AA on the beast that is the PS3 NO ******* THANKS. I'll wait for the fall and christmas and the 1st party to blow me away. God I love the Old West and GOD I hate Microsoft.

360 engines have ruined this Gen for multiplats. I can only hope for a PC version and some money to buy a PC in the next year or so (here I come M$). No way I'm playing a 540p game or even 640p of this caliber without AA on my 42" local dimmer. It will undoubtably look like crap. I can barely stand Ratchet and Clank and that is like 640p or something, and the cartoon visuals save it as does 60fps. Whatever. Rockstar is a big big BIG grisly senile boner imo and they are using an engine that is outdated and almost not compatible with the Cell's prowess.

Really, really.

lagoonalight said:
Dude, don't even worry about the reviews. This will be 90 to 94 on Meta and the inevitable analysis on Eurogamer will give Ritchie boy his cum to swallow as he shites himself over the 360 version and 'politely' notes how this engine just doesn't work for the PS3. END OF STORY.

Uh, that is some borderline Snah type material.

MazingerDUDE said:
It seems pretty obvious that the PS3 version is sub HD. In fact, VERY sub HD. I'm looking somewhere around 540P.

Wasn't GTA PS3 higher than that?

Raide

Dabanton said:
What system did you get GTA:IV i've got the 360 version, and it's MP modes are even now still very busy.

Sorry for the late reply. This thread is moving fast.:lol

I had the 360 version at launch and loved the MP but it died off pretty quickly. I was not really into the competitive side, I much preferred just roaming around trying to re-enact Heat. :lol

Maybe it was because I moved onto other games by then. I tend to stick with games where my friends are playing. I tend to be a bit more social like that as opposed to jumping in with randoms.

I do hope RDR has a good MP base. It does sound cool being able to posse up and roam the wilderness. Hopefully we can rob trains too! :lol

Yoshi256

Banned
raviolico said:
don`t underestimate the R* stamp on it.
show my one open world fantasy game that is as competent, big budgeted
in terms of technology and immersive calibre as the GTA4/RDR gameworld.

Assassins Creed II.

Just Cause 2 has also a great technology, but its world lacks detail.

Dabanton

Raide said:
Sorry for the late reply. This thread is moving fast.:lol

I had the 360 version at launch and loved the MP but it died off pretty quickly. I was not really into the competitive side, I much preferred just roaming around trying to re-enact Heat. :lol

Maybe it was because I moved onto other games by then. I tend to stick with games where my friends are playing. I tend to be a bit more social like that as opposed to jumping in with randoms.

I do hope RDR has a good MP base. It does sound cool being able to posse up and roam the wilderness. Hopefully we can rob trains too! :lol

Yeah it should retain a good base like GTA:IV. The episodes though have dead communities you'll be lucky to get three or four people in a match yet when i load up the vanilla version plenty of full lobbies.

Such a shame as the free roam in Gay Tony was fun for the few months that people were playing that game.

raviolico

BrassMonkey1010 said:

i`v poured many hours into Oblivion. i liked it very much. but from a living, breathing gamespace perspective
(i don´t compare settings or gameplay, just the world itself) it is simply no match for the "R* worlds".
don´t get me wrong, it´s quite good, but it feels a bit stiff and lifeless in comparison. at least in my opinion.

Tr4nce said:
I didn't want to give it any kind of attention, but fuck it. A few pages back I bailed out because of the 360/PS3 questions/discussions, and now it's getting all out of hand, and it has fucked this thread up, real badly. I feel sorry for Goldrusher, creating a wonderful thread like this, but GAF manages to ruin it again. Can we have one thread, where we leave out the console differences talk please? Fucking hell, it's always the same shit.

While you're right this has had nothing to do with the 360 version (or by extension the people getting that version) these last few pages, just to be clear. Other than apparently it being a bastard who makes the superior system suffer somehow. :lol

Goldrusher

Jtyettis said:
Wasn't GTA PS3 higher than that?
Unless you're talking about standard resolutions (480p, 576p, 720p, 1080p), you need two numbers. People making up stuff like 540p have no clue what they're talking about.

FrankT

Goldrusher said:
Unless you're talking about standard resolutions (480p, 576p, 720p, 1080p), you need two numbers. People making up stuff like 540p have no clue what they're talking about.

Well no offense, but isn't that guy usually on the money. DF and former beyond3d guy right. I'm sure they need some better shots though I would guess.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Jtyettis said:
Well no offense, but isn't that guy usually on the money. DF and former beyond3d guy right. I'm sure they need some better shots though I would guess.
None the less we are still going by what, crappy cam shots of a tube TV versus a direct grab of the 360? And one user commented on it looking nothing like the shot/s shown on PS3. It would be wise to be neutral until DF or Lens of Truth does their thing. Much like GTA4 PS4, RDR will be just fine though. No sense in spreading FUD when there is really no direct feed PS3 HD footage nor some decent buffer captures.

FrankT

LiquidMetal14 said:
None the less we are still going by what, crappy cam shots of a tube TV versus a direct grab of the 360? And one user commented on it looking nothing like the shot/s shown on PS3. It would be wise to be neutral until DF or Lens of Truth does their thing. Much like GTA4 PS4, RDR will be just fine though. No sense in spreading FUD when there is really no direct feed PS3 HD footage nor some decent buffer captures.

Well that was my whole reasoning in questioning it in the first place anyways since GTA was it looks like 630p and that would be a downgrade from that. As I said they need better shots.

Goldrusher

There's no such thing as 630p.

Jtyettis said:
There's no such thing as 540p.

Examples:

Was MGS4 576p ? No. It was a higher res: 1024x576, not 720x576.
Was MCLA 720p ? No. It was a lower res: 960x720, not 1280x720.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Jtyettis said:
Well that was my whole reasoning in questioning it in the first place anyways since GTA was it looks like 630p and that would be a downgrade from that. As I said they need better shots.
On top of that no one is competent enough to do a PS3 stream while we have had a nice ammount of 360 version streams. I know some are on hacked consoles but there are people with the PS3 version, would be nice if one of them turned up. Unless R* really does have a lock on the existence of the PS3 version. It's obvious that the PS3 version will be just fine, we can all fire up our pitchforks once a proper feed and analysis is made. Those crap off screen PS3 shots should not be fair game. Out for now, time for work. Hopefully this doesn't inflate the thread today as it already has the last 12 hours.

Dabanton

Not to stretch out this silly resolution talk but the pixel counters are never usually wrong no matter how much people want things to be different.

People just buy what ever version you want and stop worrying about what the 'other side' are doing.

Now someone will post that they are a multi console owner and they need to put there mind at rest before they lay down cash or that they don't have Live so want the PS3 to be comparable but what if it's not? You'll still buy it right or will you go get a gold subscription?

I'm guessing, no.

Here's some advice multi console owners who care about this kind of stuff. Wait for a week then Lens of Truth,B3D and DF will do the analysis that you so crave and then you can make your informed choice from their.

Goldrusher

Jtyettis said:
You are rambling dude. We know exactly what is referring to when he says 540p.
No, we don't.
If it's not a standardized resolution, no one knows what 540p means. It can be anything.

Not to mention 540p sounds like it's less than 576p, which is virtually never the case.

FrankT

Goldrusher said:
No, we don't.
If it's not a standardized resolution, no one knows what 540p means. It can be anything.

Not to mention 540p sounds like it's less than 576p, which is virtually never the case.

We understand that it would be 540 lines vertical. No we don't know the horizontal and yes we know it's not a standardized res. Done.

Second said:
Ps3 version is sub-hd? Confirmed? That's pretty lazy of R*!

Nothing is confirmed. Just some guess work from the offscreen shots.

WingM@n

I have been playing RDR today on the ps3.
All I can say is that it looks good, much better than the last GTA.
People in another room were playing the 360 version and I didn't notice any differences, although the 360 version looked somewhat brighter.

The game is awesome ! can't wait to buy it...

So after seeing that nun + traintrack video, I can't wait for MP posses in free roam. Imagine getting 8(or 16 if some sort of super GAF posse formed) NPCs and laying them on the tracks. Epic gifs to be had, methinks.

All we need are tophats and mostaccios to twirl while waiting for the train to barrel through..

170px-Michael_Attree.jpg

moai

i know that for multi console owners may be important, but resolution talk is kinda boring. thread was interesting when people posted impressions about gameplay and videos.

CozMick

Banned
Horsebite said:
Someone go make a thread to argue about "sub hd" resolutions and all that bullshit because you're ruining this thread.

Agreed, bcause to be honest you people have ruined the fucking hype for me, thanks.

mintylurb

Jtyettis said:
Different studios.
GTA4 console versions = Rockstar North
Read dead = Rockstar San Diego

LiquidMetal14 said:
Ahh..I remember when folks doubted Mazingerdude when he said Alan wake is sub-hd. Quite a bit of them are actually in this thread..lol Anyway, I don't think Mazingerdude would make a post stating that RDR PS3 is sub-hd just for the lulz.

But it's quiet amusing to see Jtyettis so quick to give Mazingerdude some props while he stayed silent when Mazingerdude first posted that Alan Wake is sub-hd. :lol

FrankT

mintylurb said:
Different studios.
GTA4 console versions = Rockstar North
Read dead = Rockstar San Diego

Ahh..I remember when folks doubted Mazingerdude when he said Alan wake is sub-hd. Quite a bit of them are actually in this thread..lol Anyway, I don't think Mazingerdude would make a post stating that RDR PS3 is sub-hd just for the lulz.

But it's quiet amusing to see Jtyettis so quick to give Mazingerdude some props while he stayed silent when Mazingerdude first posted that Alan Wake is sub-hd. :lol

Props. :lol

He nailed AW. I never questioned it because I knew he was right because he had proper screens.

lulz is right

Moobabe

CozMick said:
Agreed, bcause to be honest you people have ruined the fucking hype for me, thanks.

It's getting there for me as well - I'm glad I'm not so highly strung that counting lines of resolution can put me off a game. GTA IV looked fantastic and this looks to be even better; only a few days left!

owlbeak

Moobabe said:
It's getting there for me as well - I'm glad I'm not so highly strung that counting lines of resolution can put me off a game. GTA IV looked fantastic and this looks to be even better; only a few days left!
Seriously, these people need to get a fucking life. Who gives a shit what the resolution is as long as it looks decent and plays well.

Gacha-pin

What are you going to do on your first play? I'm going to head to the edge of the map.
Do you know what are there, invisible wall or something? I'm just curious coz GTAs are island maps but RDR is not, right?

mintylurb

Jtyettis said:
Props. :lol

He nailed AW. I never questioned it because I knew he was right because he had proper screens.

lulz is right
Yeah.. that's why you chose to stay silent when folks were questioning him in the alan wake thread yet so quick to point out Mazingerdude's credentials in here..Lulz indeed.
subversus said:
So has anybody got the PS3 version already? If so, how does it look?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21300994&postcount=3323
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21301686&postcount=3401

According to Mazingerdude, it's running at sub-hd. Most likely 540P.

Gacha-pin said:
What are you going to do on your first play? I'm going to head to the edge of the map.
Do you know what are there, invisible wall or something? I'm just curious coz GTAs are island maps but RDR is not, right?
Some fool is gonna get dragged behind my horse :lol Then I'm going on a killing spree to get familiar with the gun mechanics.

Goldrusher

Gacha-pin said:
What are you going to do on your first play?
Play some of the story to get an idea of who I am, where I am and what is going on. And to get used to the controls.

Then find a treasure map.

Top Bottom