• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roland Garros - The 2015 French Open (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
nadal getting broken now to lose the set. the comeback was more because of djokovic deciding to take a break from tennis than nadal doing anything special. his serve is still terrible.

Novak is going for too much on his shots. He needs to play more within himself. Rafa isn't even defending that well, and is making too many mistakes on offense to really damage Novak's defense.

If this pattern of winning 4 games in a row continues, Novak will win the first two sets, Nadal the next two and Novak will win the fifth.

Lol this is my kind of stat. The Lakers are 0-7 from the line in the first 5 minutes of the game. they are on track to go 0-112 for the game. Crazy!

Peru

Djokovic with an opening bashing the ball.. to the service box. Why these two matching up doesn't excite me much

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I am legitimately not joking when I say the Murray-Ferrer match is of higher quality (if less drama). Djokovic-Nadal is a choke-filled errorfest, Murray-Ferrer is winners all day erryday. Great match.

I am legitimately not joking when I say the Murray-Ferrer match is of higher quality (if less drama). Djokovic-Nadal is a choke-filled errorfest, Murray-Ferrer is winners all day erryday. Great match.

I don't like watching them play usually but there's been some amazing points already, and this match is more interesting for what it means for the future of tthe top of tennis.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
i hope the winner of murray-ferrer wins the title. ferrer because he deserves it, murray because him winning the french before djokovic would be fucking hilarious.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
with that second serve of his that's pretty much all nadal can expect. with the first set under his belt i can see djokovic running away with it now.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, that set reminded me of the second set from the Kei-Tsonga match. Okay, Tsonga won... but only because the other player was largely absent. When they came back, it started looking very different. Of the last 6 games, Djokovic won 2, and only 1 on his own serve.

If Nadal won that set, I don't know how Novak would have reacted. He didn't though, so this should be a nice confidence boost for Novak.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Honestly, that set reminded me of the second set from the Kei-Tsonga match. Okay, Tsonga won... but only because the other player was largely absent. When they came back, it started looking very different. Of the last 6 games, Djokovic won 2, and only 1 on his own serve.

djokovic won his last two service games at 4-4 and 5-5 40-0 and 40-15, while nadal was struggling to hold and had to save a ton of break points.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
djokovic won his last two service games at 4-4 and 5-5 40-0 and 40-15, while nadal was struggling to hold and had to save a ton of break points.

Oops, good catch. In my head I made that set 6-4, don't know why. My attention is split between the two matches at the moment.

Pacbois

00hM02f.jpg

Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom