• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Dragon Age Veilguard Pre-Orders are really bad

Draugoth

Gold Member
Dragon-Age-1.png

Two sources report that Dragon Age Veilguard is bad:

YouTuber Doctor Disaster shared, “I have an acquaintance in the retail world, someone who runs nine stores that sells video games. And I am hearing that these ratios that we’re seeing in damn near every video released for Dragon Age: The Veilguard, these ratios are correlating with piss poor pre-sales data. People are not connecting with The Veilguard because Dragon Age games are supposed to be dark and gritty and this just looks completely soft.”

Craig Skistimas aka Stuttering Craig who owns and hosts the Side Scrollers Podcast channel informed That Park Place that his retail source, who previously indicated that pre-order sales for both Star Wars Outlaws and Assassin’s Creed Shadows, pre-orders for Dragon Age: The Veilguard are “not Astro Bot numbers.”

Source

CLW

Yup.

ETA 9 months from launch.

For those of you who dont follow EA games on GP, they typically come out about 9 months later. Super bombs can be 6 months. And pretty sure licensed stuff like those SW shooters were 12 months.
Other than MS no one had done more to devalue their product than EA with their subscription model the sports titles are typically up in 6 months post release and their other single player games are in that 9-12 month window

Why buy it when you can drop in/out as you like for less than buying it outright

I was going to say that critical thinking has left the building but I don't think it even showed up.

There is no actual source here yet you all are so quick to jerk yourselves off over even the idea of it being true to satiate your utter weirdness when it comes to things that don't fit your narrow worldview that it just doesn't matter to you if it's true or not.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
This doesn't even rise to the level of "dubious source", but I think people are taking it seriously because most of us probably want it to fail... and so does Bioware, given every single thing they've done with it.

Ozriel

M$FT
The desire in people to be told what they desperately want to hear is quite amusing.

None of these are even remotely credible sources.

Other than MS no one had done more to devalue their product than EA with their subscription model the sports titles are typically up in 6 months post release and their other single player games are in that 9-12 month window

Why buy it when you can drop in/out as you like for less than buying it outright

Saying this in a world where the Respawn Star Wars games sold very well, where College Football 25 already shot up to be one of the best selling games of the year and where FIFA/FC and Madden continues to sell gangbusters…

Why are you oblivious about these things?

Top Bottom