• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill 2 |OT| You promised you'd take me there again someday...

Bartski

Gold Member
Audio is just crazy good. I remember when the game was announced my only hope was so that combat isn’t absolutely terrible and here we are, melee feels fantastic, even more so with dual sense, and I only just got the gun. Evade adds a totally new dynamic and depth to it still keeping it simple. No more light attack spam to win as the monsters dodge you too and hit like a truck on Hard I’m dying tons man THE TENSION actually scary game, finally!

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
melee feels fantastic, even more so with dual sense

I've said it so many times on this forum, proper DualSense implementation can increase immersion 10-fold and elevate the game to new levels. It's fitting SH2 would get the right treatment though, one of my earliest memories of cool force feedback was feeling the heartbeat through the controller in SH1 and 2 on PS1/2, can't fucking wait!

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Just got home, showered. Johnnie Walker Blue on Ice, some King Louis XIII. Kind of pissed about not being able to pre-load, but, we're so close, now. :messenger_moon:

Walker blue eh?

7uOoJts.gif

Gordon Freeman

Gold Member
How is it that greenmangaming gave out keys immediately for deluxe editions while I’m still waiting for cdkeys to give me mine at all. Lame as fuck.

I will never use cdkeys for preorders again.

Now eating into early access time. Dumb.

Last edited:

Gordon Freeman

Gold Member
Should I bother waiting and staying up for cdkeys to send out keys? Or just no?

If they don’t send them out until morning that’s a big fuck you of 8-10 hours of early access down the drain.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Already it’s amazing to see how much the RE2 remake taught and gave way to this. Despite it being a completely different type of horror game. The fact that we’ve finally been able to coalesce the two finally to me is cummable.

Can confirm 32:9 here. Sadly, the cutscenes are 16:9 with black bars and locked to 30 fps like the console version. Had a massive performance hit, like 1 fps when going out the first cutscene into 32:9. The graphics were also real low resolution. Hope it was a 1 off.

(Side note, are images locked to file size or / and type? Had to convert my PNG file to JPEG, but it also shrank the file size a lot)
RgYeC6l.jpeg

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Gold Member
Yeah, using headphones. Creepy sounds and music. The graphics are crazy and thank God for reflections in mirrors. I missed that in AW2. I noticed Ray tracing was off by default after seeing the crap tree reflections. Turned it on and it's beautiful.

GrouchyGamer

Neo Member
Can confirm 32:9 here. Sadly, the cutscenes are 16:9 and locked to 30 fps like the console version. (Side note, are images locked to file size or / and type? Had to convert my PNG file to JPEG, but it also shrank the file size a lot)
RgYeC6l.jpeg
LOL right as I posted, awesome thanks for confirming bit of a bummer about the cut scenes but not unexpected seems to be the way of things.

Kacho

Gold Member
Yeah, using headphones. Creepy sounds and music. The graphics are crazy and thank God for reflections in mirrors. I missed that in AW2. I noticed Ray tracing was off by default after seeing the crap tree reflections. Turned it on and it's beautiful.
Yeah I was afraid to turn on RTX. Might give it a go. Still making adjustments to my settings. Was getting tons of screen tearing with the unlimited FPS option. Set it to 60 and much better.

Last edited:

Housh

Game looks and runs well. A bit of comp stutter when new enemies appear so it kinda gives away the scares. I had a couple of UE crashes to desktop. Kinda makes me wish they had auto/quick saves instead of the old school memory card stuff at the red squares. Oh well.

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000001c6a3ebf08

Kacho

Gold Member
No idea, on console probably not but I reckon PC folks would be able to remove it fairly easily with .ini tweaks, if not in-game.
I typically turn it off but I don’t see an option in the advanced settings. I double checked after your post to avoid shame and nope.

Btw RTX ON = GOD MODE

Also it’s so satisfying stomping the SHIT out of those mfers lol
Mudhole+Stomp.gif

Top Bottom