• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill 2 remake out on 29th September this year according to an Australian store

luca_29_bg

Oh my if this it's true!!! Ahhhhhhh O_O
e98xpx63.png

Elios83

I think if the release date was that close it should have been already announced with a new trailer. So I suspect this could be just a wrong placeholder.
But at this point marketing cycles have become super weird and here Konami is involved so everything is possible.

DonJorginho

Banned
I think if the release date was that close it should have been already announced with a new trailer. So I suspect this could be just a wrong placeholder.
But at this point marketing cycles have become super weird and here Konami is involved so everything is possible.
Their placeholders are normally December 30th/29th so we'll see.

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
God I can't wait for this game. I almost shit my pants in excitement seeing this thread, then got mildly annoyed because September is far away.

MiguelItUp

If it's ready why not show at the sony showcase?
I'd assume it's just Konami Konami-ing, honestly. They made it sound like they were ready to talk more about it very soon, but it was all up to Konami. I could see it landing in Sepetember, but if so, they should really be talking about it this week or next. They'd be cutting it too close.

Silent Hill 2 is one of my favorite games of all time, and it means a great deal to me. So, I of course hope that this remake does really well. But I'm not going to get excited until I see and know more about it. Because the announce trailer and Bloober developing it isn't enough for me to get super hyped.

DonJorginho

Banned
I would not be surprised if its out on the 29th of september. They have been making this game for like what, 4 years?
Back in March the CEO of Bloober said the game was "technically ready" and development was more or less complete, he stated that they were just waiting on Konami to decide a release date/marketing strategy.

So this definitely seems like a feasible time frame to release.

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
Oh shit, you're right. For some reason I had it in my head that SM2 was September.

So I can def see a SoP for this and some other game updates. Or maybe Konami will handle it on their own.
No worries haha, hard to keep track with all the releases flying past in Q4 of this year.

I still think we may randomly get a trailer for this within the next month, as DuskGolem did say a trailer was ready for a June release, would be very Konami (and Sony funnily enough) to drop a trailer for one of their big releases out of nowhere.

DonJorginho

Banned
Okay, did some digging and I'm sorry to piss on everyone's parade (including my own), but I think this can now be written off as a weird placeholder.

Had a little snoop around into this site and it seems like we're in for an unexpected surprise or two given that they also have Ark 2 down to release on the 30th of November, and Bloodlines II to release on the same day as Silent Hill 2!

Did seem a strange date given the lack of marketing, no trailers showing up at any of the conferences and the sandwiching between other titles this release date would've done.

I'm officially now leaning towards either a November release date or February 2024.

The wait continues.....

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
You'd expect people to jump from joy regarding this but after all of Konami's missteps and especially after the latest MGS collection...yeah
I'd be over the moon for this normally but i just lost all hope when it comes to anything Konami-related unfortunately.

Being not only lukewarm but...actually sceptic towards the re-release of one of gaming's greatest titles ever, what a time to be alive, that's Konami for you though.

Fook 'em

Last edited:
Top Bottom