• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
xprs said:
so what would happen to the hard drive if it were that small? would we still b able to use any pc one on it?

Why not. My MacBook Pro in thinner than the PS3 slim and it uses the same kind of HDD.

HUELEN10

So I read some of the newer posts, but that might not be up to date anymore. Just got a new power adapter for my lappy so now, I ask this...

Any new developments?

Seda

HUELEN10 said:
So I read some of the newer posts, but that might not be up to date anymore. Just got a new power adapter for my lappy so now, I ask this...

Any new developments?

Wait for Gamescon or TGS.

Dra-Q

Banned
JoJo13 said:
28jlity.jpg

that's one sleek looking console

Day 1, this and the PSP Go.

cakefoo said:
I'll try a matte version:

Playstation 3 with matte finish

Hopefully it looks that good :D
That looks very impressive and sleek. I like how the matte finish draws your eyes to the shiny area of the disc slot and power/eject buttons.

noah111

Still Alive
Katana_Strikes said:
The machine doesn't look too bad there, but I fucking hate the logo font. That's what makes it look cheap and fake.

Dear god I hope it's not final.
It's final.. but what's so bad about it? It's the same old PS2 and PSP logo but with the corners curved to make it look sleeker.. IMO it looks really nice, like a next gen version of the PS2/P logos.

Sentry said:
It's final.. but what's so bad about it? It's the same old PS2 and PSP logo but with the corners curved to make it look sleeker.. IMO it looks really nice, like a next gen version of the PS2/P logos.

Maybe I'm just used to the PS3 logo as is (and which I love), that the change isn't sitting with me. There's just something about it that makes it look cheap and spoils the look of the rest of the console. Or maybe it's the positioning that doesn't look right. I don't know. Some real PR shots may change my mind.

Dra-Q

Banned
Katana_Strikes said:
Maybe I'm just used to the PS3 logo as is (and which I love), that the change isn't sitting with me. There's just something about it that makes it look cheap and spoils the look of the rest of the console. Or maybe it's the positioning that doesn't look right. I don't know. Some real PR shots may change my mind.

Well, it looks miles better than the "spiderman" font.

Yazuka

Where does this new picture come from? I haven't seen it before. But I see its been posted a few times already in this thread. So I started to wonder.
It looks really great. Talking about this one:

28jlity.jpg

ravien56

Wow that looks really sexy, too bad theres no BC or i'd bite and get it. But my god that logo HAS to go. Shit is worse than the spiderman font.

optimiss

cakefoo said:

I really dislike Sony's design aesthetics though the new vresion is an improvement.

They really need to update the controller. I mean, come on, minus the analog sticks (which did nothing to improve the looks) that deisgn is 15 years old!!!!! Keep the functionality but rework the lines.

WTFing

Banned
optimiss said:
I really dislike Sony's design aesthetics though the new vresion is an improvement.

They really need to update the controller. I mean, come on, minus the analog sticks (which did nothing to improve the looks) that deisgn is 15 years old!!!!! Keep the functionality but rework the lines.
I hope Sony will not change nothing in their the controller. Never.

Shiggy

WTFing said:

It would be great if they made their controller ... comfortable!? Microsoft succeeded, Nintendo succeeded, Sony did not.

Donos

OuterWorldVoice said:
This could be another boomerang. If reaction is bad enough do they have time to redesign?

huh? why ? this looks like ... a just smaller PS3 with a matt surface? the boomerang was whole different (ugly) form and you had to take it in your hands everytime you play. A controller and it's feel is a critical part of the gaming experience. the ps3 could be a globe or a pyramid and the games would still play the same. i don't see a overwhelmingly negativ reaction coming for a possible slim.
Also a pyramid-ps3 with 299$ pricetag would look very sexy for alot of ppl ;)

HUELEN10

-x.Red.x- said:
ever heard of "don't fix whats not broken?"
Haven't you? If it is broken, then it should be fixed, and there are many aspects of the DualShock design that could benefit from a re-imagining of the product.

____

WTFing said:

My only gripe is the R2 and L2 buttons. Otherwise, the Dualshock is perfect to me. Comfortable, functional and so familiar. I always feel right at home with the setup. I had trouble with XBOX buttons (admittedly I didn't own one, but every time I played, I struggled to figure out what button was what, what the white / black buttons did etc... and with the 360, the analog placement and buttons are still confusing to me...I have to constantly look down at the controller when I play, although their triggers are PERFECT.)

If Sony ever does re-design their controller, if they don't add concave R2 and L2 buttons, the designer should burn in hell.

Drame

____ said:
My only gripe is the R2 and L2 buttons. Otherwise, the Dualshock is perfect to me. Comfortable, functional and so familiar. I always feel right at home with the setup. I had trouble with XBOX buttons (admittedly I didn't own one, but every time I played, I struggled to figure out what button was what, what the white / black buttons did etc... and with the 360, the analog placement and buttons are still confusing to me...I have to constantly look down at the controller when I play, although their triggers are PERFECT.)

If Sony ever does re-design their controller, if they don't add concave R2 and L2 buttons, the designer should burn in hell.

You don't have to wait for Sony to re-design the controller, just order a pack of Real Triggers and all your problems are fixed!

Cowie

OuterWorldVoice said:
This could be another boomerang. If reaction is bad enough do they have time to redesign?

redesign of the boomerang controller is what put sony in 3rd place this gen.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Looks nicer on that picture than from the videos.
Still, i think i'll get a discount phat, save the cash.

____

Drame said:
You don't have to wait for Sony to re-design the controller, just order a pack of Real Triggers and all your problems are fixed!

Oh, I have them already. (They're perfect, too)

Only problem is...none of my PS3 having friends have them, so every time I go over one of their houses, I'm forced to either take my controller (and most times I forget), or play with those terrible R2 L2 buttons.

I'm gonna order more, because they're so cheap and also because one of mine fell off of my DS3 and got lost last week ;(

I have 3 controllers, but when I bought my RealTriggers, I only had 1 controller.

:D Sony needs to get on the ball with this though. People don't need to miss out on those things.

Das-J

Law of the West
Drame said:
I have a set at home and on my devkit at work and I love them. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom