• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squash

Atleast the slim's logo is not painted, so it's less noticeable. The logo itself is no worse than the regular PS3's imo. Love the design otherwise.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
okay guyz, i already have a 60gig but that slim pic makes me want to get one for upstairs, im still sceptical but hope its real and 250. ill bite at that price, maybe 299, surely not 399.

Psychotext said:
If that's anywhere near accurate, I actually prefer the look of the slim... by quite a lot.

Though I must say, I have the PS3 horizontal in my house and I think it looks fugly (I'm not the only one to see it and think so either)... so maybe I'm not the right person to judge.
i totally agree with u
if it cheap i will double dib

HUELEN10

Tiduz said:
okay guyz, i already have a 60gig but that slim pic makes me want to get one for upstairs, im still sceptical but hope its real and 250. ill bite at that price, maybe 299, surely not 399.
I still think it will launch at 400 USD, I want it to be lower, but I just don't see it...

rnwd

Banned
Tiduz said:
300 seems implausible. 250? Not a chance in Hell.

J-Rzez

CHRP718 said:
Have you seen a PS3 slim at work? :D

Hold it, there's bigger questions for him. Like the rumored MAG delay. Plz say it ain't so Das! And how many corners are left, since beta was around the corner before :p

Cowie

Tiduz said:

Haha, I think the only way for them to cut costs on ps3 such that a $250 price tag isn't suicide is for them to cut out the blu-ray drive and go straight digital distribution.

and if we've learned anything from history, that stripped down, smaller system would come out at $450

Cowie

HUELEN10 said:
Sigh...

Why no one like PSP GO?

:(

It's not that I don't like the GO.. I'm just still dealing with the fact that I was excited about it, and then they went and priced it $50 above my absolute highest expectation. I guess i'm still in the betrayal state.

reKon

Banned
I'm counting on it being $399 and them cutting the fat ones to $299. I'm hoping we hear news on this soon and hope that we don't have to wait til September

reKon

Banned
Yeah, I remember way back when I saw it for the first time at a friends house. I thought it was very small text book.

In addition though, I'm hoping that the slim version has no technical issues for the consumers sake and Sonys...

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Shiggy said:
It would be great if they made their controller ... comfortable!? Microsoft succeeded, Nintendo succeeded, Sony did not.

lolno :lol

Trollan aside, I find the Xbox controllers awkward to use, mainly because the placement of the left analogue stick/D-pad confuses me, and I have no idea which buttons do what. I also think they're uncomfortable to hold compared to the DS2/DS3.

Combichristoffersen said:

Trollan aside, I find the Xbox controllers awkward to use, mainly because the placement of the left analogue stick/D-pad confuses me, and I have no idea which buttons do what. I also think they're uncomfortable to hold compared to the DS2/DS3.
I'm sure they'll all be consulting you next gen on what makes a controller comfortable. Given you're the benchmark for all things that is.

/thumbs up

Hypecube

Banned
Cowie said:
It's not that I don't like the GO.. I'm just still dealing with the fact that I was excited about it, and then they went and priced it $50 above my absolute highest expectation. I guess i'm still in the betrayal state.

what if the Go was bundled with 50 bucks worth of games or a 50 dollar PSN card?

The Sony controller is the best, but thats probably because ive been using it for like 15 years or something ridiculous now. Im sure if the PS controllers were the 360 one all these years, you would have the same people coming in and saying the same shit but opposite.

tokkun

I find the Xbox controllers awkward to use, mainly because the placement of the left analogue stick/D-pad confuses me, and I have no idea which buttons do what.

Sounds like you are a comically inept person, incapable of mastering even minor motor skills. I don't see how that is Microsoft's fault.

Hypecube

Banned
tokkun said:
Sounds like you are a comically inept person, incapable of mastering even minor motor skills. I don't see how that is Microsoft's fault.

Same could be said for anyone that claims the the DS3 is uncomfortable.

alba

Little is the new Big

The only problem I have is that I'm so used to the square, triangle, circle, cross buttons (and the fact that I don't have a 360 but the 360 pad on pc) I never know which buttons are which and it's annoying the hell out of me lol. I really need to get used to that :)

Other than that I'd say that the xbox controller is comfy, just like the DS2/3 is... it's just a matter of which one you use the most I suppose :)

Ardorx

Banned
Hey, since we're talking about controllers now all of the sudden does anyone like MadCatz make a PS3 controller more in line with the 360 pad. I have somewhat big hands and after using a 360 pad for so long I find it difficult to use a dualshock.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
tokkun said:

It was MS who made a huge, clunky and IMO generally uncomfortable controller, not me.

since we got on the topic of controllers and someone brought up the boomerang, I'd like to say that I'm still pissed that they didn't at least release it in some form. They actually seemed to be doing smart things with the controller design.

szeiar.jpg

notice how the d-pad and face buttons are slightly rotated inward to match the thumb position. Instead of other controllers where your thumb would rest at an angle between directions, the boomerang was made so that the up direction was the top of your thumb. The gamecube controller did a similar thing with the analog stick. Brilliant design. And instead of moving the left stick to the position of the d-pad, which people think would "solve the problem," it seems more like they were trying to make it comfortable when using the analog stick or the d-pad. Only two issues I can think of, which is kinda bullshit since it is a prototype, is that the analog sticks seemed to be PSP like nubs, and there were no triggers.

that said, I'm happy with my 360 and PS3 controllers.

oh, and the other problem with the boomerang is that it was ugly and looked like a defective boomerang, dildo and fake banana multitool.

Tobor

It was MS who made a huge, clunky and IMO generally uncomfortable controller, not me.

Did you time travel, or are you talking about the 360 controller? Did I time travel?

/looks around

What year is this?

So, can we just put a stop to this discussion by saying that
A) There is no Slim, and there will not be a Slim (in next few years anyway)
or
B) There is a Slim and Sony will sell a SHITLOAD of consoles when all the "will buy when slim/$299/etc." people buy it and will take the number one spot in the console warz once again

right? RIGHT.

Dra-Q

Banned
I guess its related:

Sony confirm plans for GamesCom

SCEE has just confirmed that they're holding a press conference on Tuesday 18th August, 18.00 - 21.00 at this year's GamesCom in Cologne.

Apparently, the company have big, big plans for the event, which could mean confirmation on all of the rumours circulating about price cuts and slimline consoles may finally be laid to rest.

Who knows? We might even see more of that lovely motion-controller Sony has been talking about all week.

Hell, maybe they'll even announce LBP 2. The speculation starts here. Can't wait.

source

A 3h press conference? Well, enough time to show the PS3 slim and its features.

noah111

Still Alive
Dra-Q said:
A 3h press conference? Well, enough time to show the PS3 slim and its features.
Like I said in another thread, there were rumors going around for release in late August, the conference is on the 18th of aug, so it could be announced there... then again they could announce it at TGS in late Sept and debut it in October. September is a date for something though, whether it's the annnouncment month or the release month no one knows yet. :\

As for its features; same as the current models but smaller.

Egmont

Neo Member
Damn. I was hoping it would come out during the summer so I could play it while I have some semblance of free time.

I guess it might still be announced earlier, but the chances of that happening now seem rather... slim?

noah111

Still Alive
Egmont said:
Damn. I was hoping it would come out during the summer so I could play it while I have some semblance of free time.

I guess it might still be announced earlier, but the chances of that happening now seem rather... slim?
Earliest you're gonna see this thing launch is late august/early sept.. latest is early-mid october/november. So I doubt it's this summer, which kinda sucks but then again Sony need to take into consideration the holidays and all.

Maximus.

it looks like stock of the phat ps3s is disappearing at least up in canada, some good deals goin around and a lot of stores seem to be out of stock.

Fraull said:
it looks like stock of the phat ps3s is disappearing at least up in canada, some good deals goin around and a lot of stores seem to be out of stock.
I saw an over-weight mother walking out of a Wal-Mart with a PS3 box,
could be a sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom