• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egmont

Neo Member
By the way, do we know when the next set of "Greatest Hits" will come out? I wonder if it'll be announced in August, too.

HUELEN10

Egmont said:
By the way, do we know when the next set of "Greatest Hits" will come out? I wonder if it'll be announced in August, too.
All I know is that if Heavenly Sword and Uncharted are not on the list, then I will be pissed...

JMC

Banned
Slim + Uncharted: DF + Uncharted 2: AT would be nice.

Sentry said:
IIRC Uncharted is, but I don't believe Heavenly Sword is on the list yet..

If it is, so will begin another round of "It's [still] too expensive". :lol

uncharted GH would be a good move to get some more ppl to experience the awesomeness that is uncharted and to promote uncharted 2 to a few more people. so yeah it probably won't happen

noah111

Still Alive
JMC said:
Slim + Uncharted: DF + Uncharted 2: AT would be nice.
Good idea... am i the only one who would love to see Uncharted 1 on PSN for DL (several months afterU2)? Maybe even get a 10 dollar discount if you buy U2.. Since it's SP only and all. :\

Can't wait till after Uncharted 3 comes out, and ND releases an amazing trilogy collectors edition set with all three titles.. guy can imagine.

uhm guys not trying to be a pain but wtf happen with the supposed ps3 slim in the Philippines uhm somebody knows the continuation of the story jajajajjajajja OMG its almost a movie damn but yea can someone please put if they encountered the indian dude that bought the ps3 slim or not please

ajcastillo said:
uhm guys not trying to be a pain but wtf happen with the supposed ps3 slim in the Philippines uhm somebody knows the continuation of the story jajajajjajajja OMG its almost a movie damn but yea can someone please put if they encountered the indian dude that bought the ps3 slim or not please

WTF?? you stole Wollan's avatar? YOU FUCKING JUNIOR FUCK!

lupinko

Sentry said:
Good idea... am i the only one who would love to see Uncharted 1 on PSN for DL (several months afterU2)? Maybe even get a 10 dollar discount if you buy U2.. Since it's SP only and all. :\

Can't wait till after Uncharted 3 comes out, and ND releases an amazing trilogy collectors edition set with all three titles.. guy can imagine.

Uncharted is one of the few games (actually for the most part it's just SCE games and MGS4) that actually use a lot of the BD25 single layer (MGS4 being a BD50 dual layer). So that would be one giant ass download.

And don't bother to bring up Siren because that was broken up into smaller sections (even though installed fully Siren is 9GB).

ajcastillo said:

You deserve to be banned you dog.

Crisis

Banned
ajcastillo said:

What in the hell is it with the juniors? Epic run-on sentence.

reKon

Banned
Is there a big deal about juniors on these forums? I see them mentioned at random times. What I mean to ask is that are they ALWAYS a big issue? Or do the regular members just decide to talk about them when there are posts like:

"uhm guys not trying to be a pain but wtf happen with the supposed ps3 slim in the Philippines uhm somebody knows the continuation of the story jajaj..."

inner-G

Banned
Crisis said:
What in the hell is it with the juniors? Epic run-on sentence.
I looked at his post history and I think my head is going to expl-jjjajajajjaja

reKon said:
Is there a big deal about juniors on these forums? I see them mentioned at random times. What I mean to ask is that are they ALWAYS a big issue? Or do the regular members just decide to talk about them when there are posts like:

"uhm guys not trying to be a pain but wtf happen with the supposed ps3 slim in the Philippines uhm somebody knows the continuation of the story jajaj..."

It's the in-between time until the 'bad' additions are culled that drives long-time posters crazy.

cakefoo said:
NSFW?
Matte
28jlity.jpg

It looks so...........cheap.

ajcastillo said:

Welcome to my Ignore list, shithead!

Crisis

Banned
reKon said:

I don't mind junior members as much as some people on these forums do. I think the real issue that manifests itself is what happens when they get approved. It's a giant flood of new posters and some of those posters are just plain terrible. I mean they're really bad. So the mods typically are on extra duty looking to weed out shitty posters. Look to your left. And then look to your right. Chances are that if you're a junior that doesn't get perma-banned the ones to your left and right are juniors that will get perma-banned. The big deal about junior members for the members that have been around a while is that a lot of the junior members didn't typically read all the rules before they posted so you'll see them do really stupid things like use the word "gay" to describe something that they don't like or think it's acceptable to post in leet-speak all the time. Just keep your head down and don't do anything stupid and you'll probably make it through.

ChiboSempai

Neo Member
Am I the only one that hates the current PS3 design? :lol
the redesign would help convince me to buy it, after all I didn't buy a PS2 until after the slim model came out, and that seemed to catch on very well. It's probably too early for a slim ps3 though. It was like 5 years or so until Slim PS2 came out.

Crisis said:
I don't mind junior members as much as some people on these forums do. I think the real issue that manifests itself is what happens when they get approved. It's a giant flood of new posters and some of those posters are just plain terrible. I mean they're really bad. So the mods typically are on extra duty looking to weed out shitty posters. Look to your left. And then look to your right. Chances are that if you're a junior that doesn't get perma-banned the ones to your left and right are juniors that will get perma-banned. The big deal about junior members for the members that have been around a while is that a lot of the junior members didn't typically read all the rules before they posted so you'll see them do really stupid things like use the word "gay" to describe something that they don't like or think it's acceptable to post in leet-speak all the time. Just keep your head down and don't do anything stupid and you'll probably make it through.

It might not be such a big problem if they did what most forums do, and confirmed accounts as they are created, rather than making people wait months and having huge masses of new posters going nuts because they FINALLY are allowed to take part.

Crisis

Banned
Deadguy 2322 said:
It might not be such a big problem if they did what most forums do, and confirmed accounts as they are created, rather than making people wait months and having huge masses of new posters going nuts because they FINALLY are allowed to take part.

I don't disagree with that. However have you seen this thread? I think they do it as a sport for the mods. Ban season opening, etc.

SonComet

Sentry said:

ND claims to have filled 91% of a 25GB blu-ray with optimization and no duped data. I don't think many people want to d/l that onto their hdds.

Zhuk

Banned
ChiboSempai said:
the redesign would help convince me to buy it, after all I didn't buy a PS2 until after the slim model came out, and that seemed to catch on very well. It's probably too early for a slim ps3 though. It was like 5 years or so until Slim PS2 came out.

I personally think the PS3 is the best looking console this gen, it definitely has a high tech feel to it.

In regards to the timing of the Slim, the current PS3 has an endemic problem with having an inability to be able to reduce the costs of producing the console below what they sell it for, this is a serious problem for any manufacturer to have and it basically means that it's impossible for them to make a profit on the console unless they do something drastic. Releasing a smaller form PS3 with components that uses a 45nm manufacturing process on the CELL and RSX will deliver significant reductions of materials and components throughout the entire device, which is going to give them a basis on which they will be able to make even more savings in the years ahead. Ultimately it is about Sony's future with the PS3 and the PlayStation project, they know that this is make or break for them, sink or swim. They will never make a profit on the PS3, but when it's all said and done they might be able to contain the losses.

Loudninja

ChiboSempai said:

Sorry ,but you didnt buy a system because of how it looks?

DR2K

Banned
Mario said:
One can only hope.

Your tag is hilarious.

But yeah this slim PS3 should be $299, but I have a feeling in my gut that they're going to go the PSPgo route and launch it for 4-599.99, with games bundled though.

NeoUltima

DR2K said:
Your tag is hilarious.

But yeah this slim PS3 should be $299, but I have a feeling in my gut that they're going to go the PSPgo route and launch it for 4-599.99, with games bundled though.
PSP Go is expensive largely cause it has no umd, as in retailers can't sell games. So I'm not sure that's a fair comparison.

DR2K

Banned
NeoUltima said:
PSP Go is expensive largely cause it has no umd, as in retailers can't sell games. So I'm not sure that's a fair comparison.

I really don't think the price raise is for the benefit of retailers nor do I think they'll be getting much out of it anyways, seeing as some regions are reluctant to even sell the item. I just think its Sony being. . . Sony.

NeoUltima

DR2K said:
I really don't think the price raise is for the benefit of retailers nor do I think they'll be getting much out of it anyways, seeing as some regions are reluctant to even sell the item. I just think its Sony being. . . Sony.
If it was Sony being Sony then they would be selling it at cost/slight loss like most of their new HW usually is. Selling new HW at a huge profit margin is Sony being Nintendo.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
DR2K said:

You mean France? I though that was confirmed by Sony to be false...

Sin

DR2K said:

499 - 599?

Is this guy serious?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom