• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sly 2 - Gamespot review

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/sly2bandofthieves/review.html

"Overall, Sly 2: Band of Theives is a great game that will certainly please fans of the original, as well as fans of 3D platform games in general. It's also an excellent game for younger players. The varied gameplay, well-constructed story, and excellent graphics, sound, and music all come together to form an experience that most anybody would enjoy."

Why does the game look like ass in screenshots though? All this talk about how it looks like a saturday morning cartoon got me excited, I sure hope it looks a lot better in motion.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Why does the game look like ass in screenshots though?
Don't worry about it. The first one looks awesome on the TV. Very nice image quality, very nice use of colors, and runs at 60FPS. I can't see why would they change any of that in the second game, in fact it seemed to look even better in various videos I've seen.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
adelgary said:
Why does the game look like ass in screenshots though? All this talk about how it looks like a saturday morning cartoon got me excited, I sure hope it looks a lot better in motion.

Like the original game, it uses field rendering.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Awesome score, but what is it going to take for a PS2 exclusive to get at least a 9.0 over there. After seeing the other scores, I thought for sure Sly 2 could do it. Come on MGS3 and GTA:SA, bring TEH HEAT!

Crap, all these good scores made me put this on my buy list...

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Grizzlyjin said:
Awesome score, but what is it going to take for a PS2 exclusive to get at least a 9.0 over there.
jakk.jpg

Haha... seriously though, I thought Sly 2 was a shoe in for at least a 9.0.

Ranger X

adelgary said:

Go check the video review of IGN insiders if you can. You'll get a pretty good idea of what it looks like.

I did like the first Sly but ended up being a rental for me. Sly 2 looks like a game i may buy!

Top Bottom