• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Confrence...

impirius

I'm very interested in where they're going to position this thing. $400 isn't out of the question for a 'prestige' item; that's the price of an iPod, and those are selling like hotcakes.

explodet

Well, if this thread is going to be used, someone should change the title so that "conference" is spelled right. :D

teiresias

Well, if this thread is going to be used, someone should change the title so that "conference" is spelled right.

Nah, it'll draw in the kiddies that will be making spelling errors in picto-chat the way it is now.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
teiresias said:
Nah, it'll draw in the kiddies that will be making spelling errors in picto-chat the way it is now.

Three DS trolls in less than an hour. You should sell instructional videos. :)

GDGF

Soothsayer
Shall we make some predictions? I'm saying 39000 yen jp/ $300 US, giving Nintendo a nice $150 cushon. Been a good night! :)

teiresias

Nah, just annoyed, I need to go to bed, but I'm more interested in seeing the PStwo than anything having to do with handhelds I'll never buy regardless of their price. :D

Brofist

Lost Weekend said:
Shall we make some predictions? I'm saying 39000 yen jp/ $300 US, giving Nintendo a nice $150 cushon. Been a good night! :)

$200 would be nice (I like to dream). Some people plan on buying both you know ;)

Joe

id pay to see sony announce a november 21st US launch at $150 and then hear a collective "FUCK" from the nintendo fans.

Brofist

Joe said:
id pay to see sony announce a november 21st US launch at $150 and then hear a collective "FUCK" from the nintendo fans.

even though chances are .5% I would too :lol

hirokazu

i'm waiting to see the SCPH-70000 PS2... i've already decided long ago i won't be getting either handhelds at launch, so my interest in them isn't that high at the moment...

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
I'm predicting 30000 yen and $250 now that nintendo listed the DS at 15000 yen.

edit: check that, i still like the $299 price point for the US haha.

10 mins to go? I make it half an hour still. It is a simultaneous global announcement apparently. I am refreshing sony's press site every few minutes!

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Lemme fix that for you...

Joe said:
id pay to see sony announce a november 21st US launch at $150 and then hear a collective "FUCK" from Sony Shareholders..

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
i'll go for,
PSTwo for Xmas at 29800
PSP delayed to April next year in Japan , but price announced at 32,000.

Tenguman

Considering this Nintendo stuff came out of no where, me thinks they know something about the PSP price that we don't

could be wrong though.

hirokazu

Tenguman said:
Considering this Nintendo stuff came out of no where, me thinks they know something about the PSP price that we don't

could be wrong though.

shouldn't Nintendo be last to know, for Sony's own sake? unless there's a spy in the ranks of SCE, heh.

impirius

I'm setting the over/under for "length of Powerpoint slides that don't reveal any new information" at 20 minutes. What'll you all take?

GDGF

Soothsayer
hirokazu said:
shouldn't Nintendo be last to know, for Sony's own sake? unless there's a spy in the ranks of SCE, heh.

It was Yamauchi's Yakuza connections, what done it! ;)

GDGF

Soothsayer
Shouldn't this thing have started by now? I wonder if Nintendo's surprise announcement rattled em a bit...

Top Bottom