• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man 2 soundtrack. GET IT, GUYS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matlock

Banned
1. Vindicated - Dashboard Confessional
2. Ordinary - Train
3. Did You - Hoobastank
4. Hold On - Jet
5. Gifts And Curses - Yellowcard
6. Woman - Maroon 5
7. This Photograph Is Proof (I Know You Know) - Taking Back Sunday
8. Give It Up - Midtown
9. Lucky You - lostprophets
10. Who I Am - Smile Empty Soul
11. The Night That The Lights Went Out In NYC - The Ataris
12. We Are - Ana
13. Someone To Die For - Jimmy Gnecco featuring Brian May
14. Spidey Suite - Danny Elfman
15. Doc Ock Suite - Danny Elfman

Look at that lineup! Most everything looks good!

Gibbo

These are the only 2 tracks that I'm interested in...

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
"These are the only 2 tracks that I'm interested in..."

Me too.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Gibbo said:

These are the only 2 tracks that I'm interested in...

Yep and the Spidey Suite is great.

Willco

Hollywood Square
The full Elfman score will come out after the movie is released. I bought the soundtrack today for $6 for the Elfman scores. They Spidey suite is awesome. It's like a complete re-imagining of his Spidey theme from the very end of the original when he is swinging around New York.

The Doc Ock suite is good, but is a retread of Elfman's earlier work for Raimi (Darkman, Army of Darkness) where hit hits the big 'ole bass like a billion times. I prefer the Goblin theme song.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Actually, after listening to both suites, Elfman's work on Spidey 2 sounds like a merger of his stuff from Spider-Man and Planet of the Apes and - oddly, enough - the Spidey cartoon.

Killbin

Banned
The OST is good. After watching that "list" I was thinking OMG but after listening it....damn, it's quite good. A quetion of taste ;)

ballhog

After seeing that list, I'm not even going to see the movie. Hoobastank?? Jesus, why don't you just stand on my throat.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I dont buy any CD that has a Dashboard song on it. Only two songs I might like on that CD are by Maroon 5 and Yellowcard.

Matlock

Banned
I admit that the DC track will probably be the first to be deleted from the eventual mp3 rip onto my mp3 player...BUT.

BUT.

Yellowcard! Maroon 5! Brian May! lostprophets!

I just have to have it...my precious...

Bacon said:
The Dashboard song rawks.

I furiosly despise everything they do, but it's actually a decent song. The lyrics fit the movie pretty well too, which is nice. PLUS - he sings! he doesn't whine!

TaleSynz: you don't know who Danny Elfman is? :shakes head:

Diablos

1. Vindicated - Dashboard Confessional - no
2. Ordinary - Train - no
3. Did You - Hoobastank - fuck no
4. Hold On - Jet - no
5. Gifts And Curses - Yellowcard - no
6. Woman - Maroon 5 - no
7. This Photograph Is Proof (I Know You Know) - Taking Back Sunday - no
8. Give It Up - Midtown - no
9. Lucky You - lostprophets - maybe
10. Who I Am - Smile Empty Soul - no
11. The Night That The Lights Went Out In NYC - The Ataris - no
12. We Are - Ana - no
13. Someone To Die For - Jimmy Gnecco featuring Brian May - maybe
14. Spidey Suite - Danny Elfman - no
15. Doc Ock Suite - Danny Elfman - no

I'll pass, thanks Matcock.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"14. Spidey Suite - Danny Elfman - no"

You have no taste Diablows.

TaleSynz said:
Sorry....Maybe if I saw a picture ?

12m.jpg

he does mostly film scores but his "other" job, the band Oingo Boingo, had a few albums as well.

EDIT: ah hell, just go to his IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000384/

Taking Back Sunday, Yellowcard, Midtown, and The Ataris (mostly older stuff) are good. Ehh, I don't know about those other bands. I hate Dashboard. Danny Elfman is a god.

Matlock

Banned
Man, I hate to bump a month old thread...but after repeated listenings (through random playlists) of some of the tracks, I've really gotten a newfound hatred for Train and a new appreciation for Dashboard Confessional.

Even though I friggin' hate DC outside of this, "Vindicated" is really...really good. Holy crap.

$9 well spent, if I do say so myself, and it still stands up a month later.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Heh, "Vindicated" is a fine guilty pleasure of mine, too. I was disappointed that it's only appearance was during the end credits, as it worked really well in those early commercials (which, incidentally, were far more entertaining than the movie itself).

The biggest absence from either soundtrack, though, is the ultra-swank Michael Bublé version of the original Spiderman theme song.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah I'm not a DC fan at all but I really like Vindicated. Also, I love the layer work on Yellowcard's track. Good stuff. Midland's song is pretty cool too, has kinda a weird almost Living End-ish vibe to it.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
kitchenmotors said:
I pity the fools who actually bought this.

I got it two days before the movie came out. :(

It wasn't worth it to me, I guess I was just so pumped up for the movie. I only listened to it about 4 times before I saw the movie and haven't touched it since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom