• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] Dangan Ronpa 2 Spoiler Thread | Aloha, Despair!

JNA

Banned
Chappelle Show- Charlie Murphy's True Hollywood Stories featuring Prince.

Gimme mah cookie.

Here you go...

chewy-oatmeal-raisin-cookie.jpg

Hope you like raisins MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! XD

Alfredo

Hinata_Objection_sprite.png

But then what about Sonia's hair? She had longer hair than anyone in the cast, including Izuru. Did she get a haircut too? 0_0

We never saw the real Sonia, right? She could be bald for all we know...or maybe cut off Junko's scalp and transplanted it on to her own... >_>

JNA

Banned
Well I believe SmashGAF has its own ongoing fanfic doesn't it?

tumblr_mnzzd06fKh1rqnfqvo2_r1_500.png

yet now I'm cautiously curious...

Tomodachi Life GAFfers breathe this, especially if a majority of their islanders are GAFfers.

Back to the topic, what does everyone think our chances are of getting AE?

Pretty good IMO. NIS knows there is a good market for DR since there two localizations so I'm sure they will probably try localizing AE too.

Moonlight

Banned
Tomodachi Life GAFfers breathe this, especially if a majority of their islanders are GAFfers.

I'm really confident we'll see it. DR's the definition of a cult hit, and I think if NISA can afford to keep cranking out Hyperdimension Neptunia games (no offense to anyone who enjoys them), that I'm reasonably sure don't have tons of outreach, I think Danganronpa and its' hyper-passionate fanbase has a real good shot at guaranteeing more games to come overseas.

Labrys

Very high. It sounds like 2 has done well in terms of sales, and the poster inside Chiaki's room would have been removed if we didn't have a chance of getting it.

JNA

Banned
I'm really confident we'll see it. DR's the definition of a cult hit, and I think if NISA can afford to keep cranking out Hyperdimension Neptunia games (no offense to anyone who enjoys them), that I'm reasonably sure don't have tons of outreach, I think Danganronpa and its' hyper-passionate fanbase has a real good shot at guaranteeing more games to come overseas.

I wonder if it's a big enough cult hit to get DR3 a worldwide release?

I know we'll get it. It'll probably be announced in March and released next fall.

I'm more concerned if NISA will package the Monokuma phone stand as part of their LE.

JNA

Banned
I know we'll get it. It'll probably be announced in March and released next fall.

I'm more concerned if NISA will package the Monokuma phone stand as part of their LE.

They should go the extra mile and package in an actual speaker phone from the game in the LE.

I would pre order that shit immediately. XD

petghost

Banned
so maybe this isnt the best place to ask....but since i really enjoyed Danganronpa 1/2 and 999/vlr i was wondering if it was common for VN's to have gameplay like these 2 series do.
they are my only experience with the genre. also any other similar kind of games you guys might recommend?

pariah164

so maybe this isnt the best place to ask....but since i really enjoyed Danganronpa 1/2 and 999/vlr i was wondering if it was common for VN's to have gameplay like these 2 series do.
they are my only experience with the genre. also any other similar kind of games you guys might recommend?
If you don't mind a visual novel/otome game, try Sweet Fuse: At Your Side.

Sweet Fuse: At Your Side is a visual novel/otome dating sim developed by Idea Factory. It stars the fictional niece of Keiji Inafune (yes, you read that correctly) and showcases the highs and lows of falling in love while simultaneously trying to stop a theme park from being blown up from a porcine super villain. (Yes, you also read that correctly.)

Players will navigate a bombastic (heh) amusement park with various video game themed attractions in the company of SIX ATTRACTIVE MEN. Tempers will flare and hearts will swoon as Saki attempts to save the lives of her family and new found friends, but can love truly blossom in such intense circumstances? And why has this weird pig guy(?) subjected them to this twisted "game"? You have seven days to find out...

One thing to note specifically about Sweet Fuse, as compared to other otome games, is the pedigree of those involved with the game, and the general feel of the title as opposed to many other games in the genre. Sweet Fuse (amazingly) features Keiji Inafune, who helped contribute to the development, and who actually makes an appearance in the game itself. Also, the character designs were done by Kumiko Suekane, of Ace Attorney fame, and are a very refreshing contrast to the usual type of art found in otome titles. Instead of a brood of very similar looking "pretty boys", Sweet Fuse provides a lot more variety in the types of datable men.
It's one of my favorite VNs ever; Saki has sass for days.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

The Ace Attorney series. It's not quite as dark or convoluted as the aforementioned series, but its still a whodunit with top notch characters and writing. Also, Ghost Trick sort of.

Moonlight

Banned
Doubt it. It's still exclusively on Vita, after all. And a lot the cult fanbase, I think, watches through LPs or the anime or something. I'd say we can hope for a localization in around half a year after the fact, probably. I might be underestimating NISA though! We could probably look at their Neptunia turnaround and ballpark from there if we assume they're roughly as successful as each other.

pariah164

The Ace Attorney series. It's not quite as dark or convoluted as the aforementioned series, but its still a whodunit with top notch characters and writing. Also, Ghost Trick sort of.
Ghost Trick is visual novel meets Rube Goldberg devices and has a suave motherfucker for a main character.

JNA

Banned

Try Persona 3 and Persona 4 Golden. DR as a whole is like a combination of Ace Attorney with Persona social link elements anyway so I think you might like that if you like DR. :D

It probably depends on how much effort NISA and Spike Chunsoft wants to do in making it a worldwide release.

If they decide to work closely together, we could see something like NISA translating it as it's being made and Spike Chunsoft programming the English version at the same time, shortening the localization wait.

Of course, it's pretty unheard of for most games especially visual novels and all their text.

JNA

Banned
Doubt it. It's still exclusively on Vita, after all. And a lot the cult fanbase, I think, watches through LPs or the anime or something. I'd say we can hope for a localization in around half a year after the fact, probably. I might be underestimating NISA though! We could probably look at their Neptunia turnaround and ballpark from there if we assume they're roughly as successful as each other.

It probably depends on how much effort NISA and Spike Chunsoft wants to do in making it a worldwide release.

If they decide to work closely together, we could see something like NISA translating it as it's being made and Spike Chunsoft programming the English version at the same time, shortening the localization wait.

Of course, it's pretty unheard of for most games especially visual novels and all their text.

Well at the very least, if a WW release is actually possible, it will be a very nice surprise. :D

LiK

It actually looks better there than the shot where he has gray hair on the ship. In the ship scene when it actually shows him, he looks like he's just wearing a long mop on his head. Doesn't look like real hair at all at that part.

the shot of him in the ship creeped me out the first time they showed it. those fucking red eyes.

Red eyes in Danganronpa has to be one of the coolest things in that universe. You see red eyes on a person and you know that motherfucker is determined. Love it!

gaiages

Banned
I've been lurking the thread long enough, I figured I should post some thoughts I had~

I enjoyed the characters of 2 far more than 1. I felt they were multifaceted... you know, 'everyone has their dark side' sort of thing. I never maxed out anyone's FTEs, but I got pretty far in Akane's and Mikan's events, and they had some unfortunate stuff going on in their lives. :( Even from the main plot, though, you get inklings of their stories. I didn't think that they were the Remnants of Despair, but when it came up, I was like "yep, I can totally see Junko exploiting their weaknesses/pasts".

Oh, and totally fell for the Nagito=Mokoto trick. At first I thought it was a little *too* obvious with the anagram name and same Ultimate ability, but when he immediately thought all the students were supposed to kill one another and his seemingly undying optimism eventually had me completely tricked. So, when he went batshit crazy during the Chapter 1 trial, I was completely blindsided... and it was awesome. He ended up becoming my favorite character... too bad for some reason I could never get any of his FTEs to activate :( (probably should have given him a gift, but what do you give to someone like that?).

On a related note, when I lamented that I was having trouble finding Nagito fanart under the mountains of Ibuki and Gundham drawings (something I can completely understand), a Twitter buddy of mine called Nagito a boring character (not art direction wise, but his personality). Now, there are plenty of words one can call Komaeda, some more... colorful than others, but 'boring'? I may be biased, but that seems like quite the inaccurate description... well, unless he didn't get past Chapter 1 yet, but I don't want to spoil that craziness for anyone. :p

OceanBlue

On a related note, when I lamented that I was having trouble finding Nagito fanart under the mountains of Ibuki and Gundham drawings (something I can completely understand)

I'm actually having the opposite problem lol. Fanart of Hajime, Nagito, and Chiaki is everywhere on Pixiv.

Top Bottom